SpeedRacer

I have a bat in my house

Not necessarily. Anyway I've done a little reading and I think that many people's fear of bats is way overblown. Bats are not aggressive. Bat bites are extremely rare, and when they do happen it is nearly always because someone tried to pick up a wounded bat with their bare hand.

Less than 1% have rabies, and even rabies doesn't make them aggressive.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

And bats are good for us too. They gobble up as many mosquitoes as they can. Many times I've gone outside in my yard at sunset and seen 3 or 4 bats fluttering around. Closest they ever flew to me was within 3 feet.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Not necessarily. Anyway I've done a little reading and I think that many people's fear of bats is way overblown. Bats are not aggressive. Bat bites are extremely rare, and when they do happen it is nearly always because someone tried to pick up a wounded bat with their bare hand.

The tiny ones that are around my office look like winged chipmunks, rather cute (and they are scared of everything.) Ones near my house are large and predictable staying in certain areas of Lititz country side

i don't care what anyone says,,,, seeing a bat flying around is creepy and to me at least,,, sorta scarey !!!:o[:/]....

for such a small animal the way it moves( fies) makes a shiver run down my back.
HAd one in the house a couple of years ago..:S:|

i took a bath towel and was able to toss it over the top of him/her... while IT was sitting on the edge of a table,,, then gathered the whole thing up... gently, so i would NOT crush it, and hauled it all outside the house and shook it free.......:oughhhh....[:/]

Man !! that freaked me Out !!!.. good luck..

jt

once i hit one going on the highway at over 80mph; little thing got stuck in the whipers. stopped at the next possibilty, got a tissue, pulled it free carefully and put it on a tree. apparently it was still alive.

oh, that happened with another dorkzoner too! :)
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

But when they DO bite you, you become a vampire. Screw that.

Garlic, crosses and silver bullets.
Good to go.

i thought it was wooden stakes vampires, silver bullets werewolf

Better safe than sorry, I always say.
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

once i hit one going on the highway at over 80mph; little thing got stuck in the whipers. stopped at the next possibilty, got a tissue, pulled it free carefully and put it on a tree. apparently it was still alive.

oh, that happened with another dorkzoner too! :)

Is the dizzycommer still sitting in the tree? :o

dudeist skydiver # 3105

And bats are good for us too. They gobble up as many mosquitoes as they can. Many times I've gone outside in my yard at sunset and seen 3 or 4 bats fluttering around. Closest they ever flew to me was within 3 feet.

I see them in my front yard every day just before sunset. i was thinking about building a bat house to see if I could attract more. They help with the Florida skeeters.
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

I see them in my front yard every day just before sunset. i was thinking about building a bat house to see if I could attract more. They help with the Florida skeeters.

Hell yeah..

I love the litte flying mousies... they are very efficient at getting rid of the real blood suckers. Far more people have been harmed or killed by the diseases that mosquitos carry than all the imaginary ill intent of bats.

I have quite a few flying around my property and I have gone for a couple years without a single skeeter bite:)

Hell yeah..

I love the litte flying mousies... they are very efficient at getting rid of the real blood suckers. Far more people have been harmed or killed by the diseases that mosquitos carry than all the imaginary ill intent of bats.

I have quite a few flying around my property and I have gone for a couple years without a single skeeter bite:)

Bats in the yared=good
bats in the house=not so good.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Hell yeah..

Matter of fact, I have actually thought about building a bat house... Never got around to it though, but they are easy to build once you know the general specs.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Matter of fact, I have actually thought about building a bat house...

FIrst you'll build a bat house, then you want a bat cave to go with it, then you'll need a batmobile to put in the bat cave, then you'll want a batcape to wear while driving the batmobile. It will never end.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

FIrst you'll build a bat house, then you want a bat cave to go with it, then you'll need a batmobile to put in the bat cave, then you'll want a batcape to wear while driving the batmobile. It will never end.[:/]

Dont forget the Bat Utility Belt with the BATARANG, Gotta have a BatarangB|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Hell yeah..

Matter of fact, I have actually thought about building a bat house... Never got around to it though, but they are easy to build once you know the general specs.

I found some plans on line. i will post some pics once I get it installed.
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Dont forget the Bat Utility Belt with the BATARANG, Gotta have a BatarangB|
And you have to start wearing your underpants on the outside.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------