SpeedRacer

what's the best country to emigrate to?

I'm not skydiving anymore, so it's not about that. I'm talking about general quality of life for the average-wealth person.

Australia for mimimal culture shock and muchthe same quality of life in general, 1km square per person
B|

Everything you have already with far less drama stress and population
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

South Koreais a good bet - amazing healthcare internet and public transport. Awesome if u like meat (and bad tasting beer) and a lot of hot legs and asses walking round. Down side is the weather and very defined singular culture

How is cost of living outside of Seoul? We find rent to be on the high side, and we live right outside of Seoul.

I'm not skydiving anymore, so it's not about that. I'm talking about general quality of life for the average-wealth person.

Holy crap what a broad question. When I say there is a WORLD of possiblities, I mean there is a WORLD of possibilities.

Dude, if you're serious about this, you need to cruise around a bit. Take some time (and money) and check a few places out for yourself. By all means check out the usual suspects like Europe and Scandinavia, but also think about places like Thailand and all the woderful little islands in the world.

Man I wish I was at a point in my life where I was asking myself this question... I'm jealous.

Elvisio "someday, though B|" Rodriguez

Holy crap what a broad question. When I say there is a WORLD of possiblities, I mean there is a WORLD of possibilities.

Dude, if you're serious about this, you need to cruise around a bit. Take some time (and money) and check a few places out for yourself. By all means check out the usual suspects like Europe and Scandinavia, but also think about places like Thailand and all the woderful little islands in the world.

Man I wish I was at a point in my life where I was asking myself this question... I'm jealous.

Elvisio "someday, though B|" Rodriguez

100% agree.

In your case? As I recall you're also looking for a gig, which may be why this question comes up.

Ireland.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

In your case? As I recall you're also looking for a gig, which may be why this question comes up.

Ireland.

Ireland is not cheap and it';s economy is in the shitter
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

EVERY country's economy is currently in the shitter.

Ireland has had huge growth recently in the knowledge economy and high tech sector. Terrence is a mad scientist with mad skills . . . just no gig. He -should- be able to put that to use in Ireland as opposed to say, Tahiti.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

EVERY country's economy is currently in the shitter..

Australias ecomony is not in the shitter:ph34r:, you lot are well past the shitter and on the way to processing.
As for Mad scientists skils, We in OZ have a very strong science community, a lot of which is cutting edge. It however is NOT a high paid field in general here.
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Several of my online poker-playing friends (the ones who actually make a living at it) have been setting up in Costa Rica. apparently they love it. Of course for them, all they need is a roof, an internet connection, and a local bank account so they can play on PokerStars.

I'm not sure what you're looking for, but there seems to be a decent economy and society there, at least from what i've heard.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

I'm Australian, and while I agree generally with Squeak, I would nominate New Zealand. To me, unbeatable for quality of life. Better than Oz? yep I reckon it is. The only limitation is small economic scale and therefore (relative to OZ for example) more limited employment/income opportunities.
regards, Steve
the older I get...the better I was

I read an article about this the other day...I think Spain was on the list. I have a cousin who has owned a house there for years, so I guess he thinks it's affordable.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

My SIL's younger sister moved to NZ a few years ago, as a lab biologist (her husband is a banker). They ended up in Indonesia, because they found NZ to be a little too laid-back for them.

I'm not sure that's such a problem for you...

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

So....That makes your hubby a "Seoul-man"...? (snicker, snort, guffaw):D:D

Excuse me? I don't get the joke....

Kids today...

Sheesh

Soul Man

Yeah, Sam & Dave did it better, but I've always loved these guys.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I've lived...god all over the world and worked in a few places as well.
If you ask me? Well...I would not live in Scandanavia. Too cold in the winter and not quite warm enough in the summer. And the people there are well.....cold and odd and strange.
Iran....nope!

I would say live where you can make enough money to enjoy your life.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

..By all means check out the usual suspects like Europe and Scandinavia..

didnt knew we had 8 continents; you learn something new every day! :S

Wasn't naming continents, dude. Scandinavia often gets forgotten by us 'Mericans when talking about "Europe", but has some of the best standards of living in the world. Since that was something important to the OP I thought I'd give the region special notice.

Elvisio " :S bakatcha" Rodriguez