Squeak

Fatality at Sepang MotoGP Crash

Race cancelled[:/] still no word on rider, that's not good

Marco Simoncelli died as a result of injures sustained in a lap 2 crash[:/]:(:(:(
Sad sad news:(

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I feel for Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi; there was nothing more they could have done to avoid it. Rossi's front wheel hit Marco's head so hard the helmet flew off. Can't imagine the helplessness that Edwards felt on the side of the track nursing his own wounds knowing he couldn't do anything to help Marco.
It's all been said before, no sense repeating it here.

Just watched the crash now, that was nasty. The forces involved to pull his helmet off like that, his neck had to have broke.

RIP Simoncelli

+1

Kind of surprised he was not decapitated. Helmets when properly strapped on (which you have to assume was the case here) never come off. Well now we know never to say never.

I only hope the mainstream media don't start a "Let's ban motorsports" movement because of the two recent fatalitues. We as skydivers should stand by our motorsports cousins in case they do.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Just watched the crash now, that was nasty. The forces involved to pull his helmet off like that, his neck had to have broke.

RIP Simoncelli

+1

Kind of surprised he was not decapitated. Helmets when properly strapped on (which you have to assume was the case here) never come off. Well now we know never to say never.

I've heard it said before that Simoncelli needed a helmet one size bigger than his head in order to fit his 'Sideshow Bob' hairstyle underneath. Could have meant his helmet was fractionally looser than it otherwise would have been, although being hit 'up' from behind like that is never going to be good.

He seemed like the biggest personality in the sport right now after Rossi, great shame[:/]
Do you want to have an ideagasm?