peregrinerose

My First Puppy

I do volunteer work for a Great Dane rescue out of Pittsburgh, after having such a great experience adopting through them (Dane/Elkhound mix). Well, after serving as transition home for an elderly dane I adored and hated to move on to her permanent home two days after euthanizing our 12 year old Greyhound, we were down to 2 dogs. For the first time in 7 years. A transition dog was required, and the rescue I volunteer with happened to have a litter of puppies available. A week of convincing finallly got Chad to agree to it (he has subsequently turned to a puddle of man-goo over this pup).

See the pics of Wookie, and look how HUGE those paws are!!

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Scott, he's going EVERYWHERE with me. My cattle dog is getting old and a little cranky, my other dane has bad knee arthritis/CCL injury, so they have to stay home. Wookie will be at the dropzone with us Sunday if you guys want to meet him.

Leash training starts this week, so we'll not be having any of that 'who's walking who' thing or need roller skates. I have a great book on clicker training that is working beautifully. He knows his name, sit, and down, puppy push ups (back and forth from sit to down to sit...) working on house training, 'come' and leash training next!

He's the sweetest dog ever, and I'm so glad my husband is letting me do all the work with him, so he's totally my dog.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda