cartoon_anvil

Like my Head Down Tshirt?

So here's the deal...

This site Threadless lets users submit their own designs. If the design gets enough votes, it goes to press, and the submitter gets $2,000.

My design is a freeflyer going head-down. I have not officially "submitted" the design, right now, it's up for "critique."

I'm just looking for some people to give me some feedback on the design. Would you rock it? Do you think it sucks so bad that I should be sterilized, preventing future generations from being subjected to my progeny?

You can see the design here:

http://www.threadless.com/critique/96413/Head_Down

Any feedback is appreciated.

Most people would've voted "No" but they just don't wish you ill fortune.

The concept is cool but....

The colorscheme is not working...It is rather bland and there is just way too much contrast.

If black and red is what you're going for, then try to disperse the design and the edge feathering throughout the shirt and add a little more opacity so it blends better...you also should include shades of red within the center design and the dispersed edge feathering...possibly a soft flame-like feathering.

I would reduce the size of the jumper and add detail including a red rig,helemet,shoes with a redish glow between the jumper and the black/gray design.

I would also move the jumper closer to the middle, but don't center him completely, while having the design extend out over the left shoulder. Play with this concept a bit so it blends well with the opposite shoulder so it won't look so disconcerting

It also might even be a nice touch to have the jumper wearing the shirt design itself...

Overall, I think if you personify the jumper enough so that people can sense a relation to that character and soften the design, you'll be alright as long as you get enough skydivers to vote...

It will also be helpful to understand various colorschemes and take notice of the subtleties of detail that give a sense of true professionalism.

good luck have fun...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

I agree.

Great concept - "Cool but needs work"

The contrast is too high - the black is way too black - try fading the whole thing back ... Love the Red tho

I think that the graphic inside the spokes adds nothing but clutter and detracts from the jumper -... does not lead you in - a simple grey fade may work better

I like the positioning of the elemental tho

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I agree.

Great concept - "Cool but needs work"

The contrast is too high - the black is way too black - try fading the whole thing back ... Love the Red tho

I think that the graphic inside the spokes adds nothing but clutter and detracts from the jumper -... does not lead you in - a simple grey fade may work better

I like the positioning of the elemental tho

See that's where it's going to get awkward, I think the Red BLOWS chunks and I like the black:D:D:D:D
but i do agree that the spokes are distracting and i like my Freefly images complete :P
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Most people would've voted "No" but they just don't wish you ill fortune.

The concept is cool but....

The colorscheme is not working...It is rather bland and there is just way too much contrast.

If black and red is what you're going for, then try to disperse the design and the edge feathering throughout the shirt and add a little more opacity so it blends better...you also should include shades of red within the center design and the dispersed edge feathering...possibly a soft flame-like feathering.

I would reduce the size of the jumper and add detail including a red rig,helemet,shoes with a redish glow between the jumper and the black/gray design.

I would also move the jumper closer to the middle, but don't center him completely, while having the design extend out over the left shoulder. Play with this concept a bit so it blends well with the opposite shoulder so it won't look so disconcerting

It also might even be a nice touch to have the jumper wearing the shirt design itself...

Overall, I think if you personify the jumper enough so that people can sense a relation to that character and soften the design, you'll be alright as long as you get enough skydivers to vote...

It will also be helpful to understand various colorschemes and take notice of the subtleties of detail that give a sense of true professionalism.

good luck have fun...

Thank you for the constructive criticism. That's why I came here, so I could have people tell me that, because of course friends are just going to tell me it kicks ass even if it sucks balls.