JohnMitchell

Surgery again.

Well, some of you may remember that I tore the hell out of my right rotator cuff 2 years ago. Surgery and 6 months rehab (8 months of not jumping [:/]) and I was back to having fun. Well, now I have a small tear in the left one that needs surgery. Looks like another 6 months on the ground. Ugh. Vskydiver and I have tickets to the Nicaragua boogie. I'll still go, but now I have to go as a non-jumper. [:/]

Damn, well at least I'll be able to pack for her by then. Anyone else need a packer in Nicaragua?:D

Well, some of you may remember that I tore the hell out of my right rotator cuff 2 years ago. Surgery and 6 months rehab (8 months of not jumping [:/]) and I was back to having fun. Well, now I have a small tear in the left one that needs surgery. Looks like another 6 months on the ground. Ugh. Vskydiver and I have tickets to the Nicaragua boogie. I'll still go, but now I have to go as a non-jumper. [:/]

Damn, well at least I'll be able to pack for her by then. Anyone else need a packer in Nicaragua?:D

Bummer about the surgery and not jumping in Nicaragua. You can hang with Elizabeth and I at manifest and be our Cabana Boy when you're not packing for the lovely Mrs! :)
'Shell

Bummer about the surgery and not jumping in Nicaragua. You can hang with Elizabeth and I at manifest and be our Cabana Boy when you're not packing for the lovely Mrs! :)

Not that manifest isn't already great, but adding Mr. Mitchell as a cabana boy would make it even more special! John - you'll need to see if you can fit a blender, a big box of paper umbrellas, and massage oil in your luggage so the girls will be well taken care of.;)B|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Not that manifest isn't already great, but adding Mr. Mitchell as a cabana boy would make it even more special! John - you'll need to see if you can fit a blender, a big box of paper umbrellas, and massage oil in your luggage so the girls will be well taken care of.;)B|

Oh! Umbrella drinks. Sounds fun! There is always a bright side, isn't there?! Hopefully John will be up to packing parachutes by the time the boogie rolls around. Otherwise I won't be jumping either. I didn't jump the whole time he was rehabbing with the right shoulder. It will still be a good time. B|

Well the good news is at least ya won't have a built in turn! ;)

I have a jumper buddy that went through the same thing, 1st one then a year later the other...except he pushed it too hard and has now re-torn the first one.

It DID get him early retirement and a FAT buy-out though, I think they were getting tired of fixin' him! :ph34r:

Follow orders and heal quick!!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Aw, man, sorry to hear that! :( My mom just found out this week that she has to have the surgery too. I was surprised at how long the recovery period is.

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Well that sucks.... One of these days I will need to get surgery to repair mine finally... Hmmm just passed a year at work... I think I am just about good to go... they can't get me with the ole pre-existing condition bullshit after a year.

Awe, come on, Jerry. Leave the young man his delusions.

It's OK, John. You're still that young, tough man you remember. You can still bench press Buicks, & run twenty miles, all while smoking 3 packs a day. You keep thinking that... Just don't try to actually do it anymore. They'll eat ya' for breakfast.

Heal Fast.

damn mate i now your pain well of being grounded been about 6 months from my accident and i had now weight bearing for about 4.5 of those months no physio just sitting with my foot up and wires in me foot god that was dull [:/]

Now recovery time with the pins out and its all going great but i noticed now the swelling has gone down and i can put weight on it. I had to ask my plastic consultant why to point my right foot forward My knee was turning in other wise it kind of goes points slightly to the right :S

Turned out during the collision i lost a lot of bone they couldn't save on that side but otherwise i should be fine as no pain just bloody time and god am i pushing it :D:D:D

I don't tell them all the silly shit i do or they would have a fir :ph34r::D:D

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

Damn! That sucks. I had my left shoulder done May 2010, and the other night the right one kind of went CRUNCH. So, lets say we all get surgery together and share pain meds! :)

Heal quickly, and I'll freeze some homemade chicken soup for you! (It couldn't hurt!!)
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---

Well, John... between yours and my surgeries, we've done our share for keeping those in the medical profession employed the past couple of years...

"Stay thirsty, my friend"
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Dude that SUCKS [:/]:(

I will Remember to think of you on the 11th... Follow what the good doctor says and if you need to do exercises, do them - keep that great attitude and heal quick, my friend.

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Bummer about the surgery, but I am really glad that you have such a great attitude about still going to the boogie, and having a great time no matter!
I'll be thinking of ya, and really, wishing I was packing with you in Nic.!

+1 Heal fast John!

In my not so expert opinion, some warm Nicaraguan sand and water should greatly enhance your recovery:)
"Whatever the future holds down the road, being true to yourself is something you won't ever regret doing. " - airtwardo

So sorry to hear this[:/] ... heal fast ... and I too need a packer in Nicaraqua :)