iluvtofly

Princess Bride...Chick Flick or Not?

Omigod.
I just learned that eeneR has never seen it.:|

That's just wrong!!!

Yea well.... :|

+1
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

too tired to read the whole thread but it's an everybody movie. ITS A CLASSIC FFS!
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

Being a real man is a combination of being a badass and respecting women. The Princess Bride will be an influence to teach my sons how to do both.

There is a theory that at the core of any well written story are lessons about human behavior. I think it's great when parents do what you're taking about rather than just plopping their kids in front of a big screen and using it as an electric babysitter.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Being a real man is a combination of being a badass and respecting women. The Princess Bride will be an influence to teach my sons how to do both.

"That was a warning, Highness. Next time my hand flies on its own. Where I come from, there are penalties when a woman lies"

My wife is hotter than your wife.

"That was a warning, Highness. Next time my hand flies on its own. Where I come from, there are penalties when a woman lies"

Shit, I guess you got me there...lol.

Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love,
miracles!!!

Much the same can be said of the "Twilight" series, however . . . those films do NOT appeal to 90% of males.

Yeah. When did vampires become such wimps? Remember Dracula? He'd kidnap a guy (who happened to be an attorney), put him on a boat, kill everyone on the boat EXCEPT the attorney - just so he could drive him insane.

Now there are vampires who are so sweet and kind and heroic. Awwwwww.. Little cuddly wuddly cutie patootie vampires. I mean, what the hell???

I believe the "goth" clique pretty much destroyed that. I don't get it. . ."i'm so moody. Guess I better dress up like Count Chocula!"

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

It's defensible though as Westley is portraying the Dread Pirate Roberts at the time. He's only pretending to be evil.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

It's defensible though as Westley is portraying the Dread Pirate Roberts at the time. He's only pretending to be evil.

Yeah but she liked it! You know she was like..."Oh baby spank me ...SPANK ME!"
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

all the way down to the priest saying "mawwidge, dat wevvered inxtitution..." :D

If i ever do get married this is a must have at my wedding. If my wife to be can't agree to it, she clearly isn't the one for me.:P:D
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

all the way down to the priest saying "mawwidge, dat wevvered inxtitution..." :D

If i ever do get married this is a must have at my wedding. If my wife to be can't agree to it, she clearly isn't the one for me.:P:D

Both my brother and I love the outdoors so much that we both had outdoor weddings, though his was more lavish. Out in the Pacific side mountains of California near Monterey, I was looking out from the estate the wedding was at, I saw a pair of hills that clearly looked like a pair of giant boobs. B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love,
miracles!!!

Much the same can be said of the "Twilight" series, however . . . those films do NOT appeal to 90% of males.

There aren't any hipster glitter vampires moping around in The Princess Bride...maybe that's why TPB is a quality time tested movie and Twilight is crap.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Ski: if you are THAT uncomfortable with a chick flick, get yourself uncloseted and enjoy the movie. :P

This.

Ski...just come on out now. It's okay. :P

The movie is hilarious.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!