Michele

Condolences for a sister

Those of us who used to work with Liz here in Chicago were shocked and saddened to hear about this tragedy. Best wishes to all her friends and family. I certainly didn't know her as well you all did, but even so--no man is an island, etc. Take comfort in knowing that an office of 75+ people share your pain. This is a poem that President Reagan quoted after the Challenger disaster. Seems appropriate now, too. Thought I'd share it.
With every good wish,
Jay

High Flight
Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds, — and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of — wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there,
I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air. . . .
Up, up the long, delirious burning blue
I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace
Where never lark, or ever eagle flew —
And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod
The high untresspassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.
— John Gillespie Magee, Jr

Thank you, Jay, for joining us here to express your sadness. And that is one of the most beautiful poems, and timeless and eventless. And so evocative of how we feel in the sky, and what she experienced.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

We will also hold a memorial in Chicago one day next week. Those details are not clear at this time, but i will let you know and you can disseminate information as is appropriate.

The sentiment shared in this forum is helping those who really need it and i send it right back at ya.

peace and blue skies
namaste, motherfucker.

We will miss you Liz! You will stay in our hearts forever.

Sharon
Chicago IL

That's sweet....[:/]

What a shame for her to perish so young!

This is so sad. I didn't know her, but I'm very sorry she's gone.

Blue Skies forever.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Those of us who used to work with Liz here in Chicago were shocked and saddened to hear about this tragedy. Best wishes to all her friends and family. I certainly didn't know her as well you all did, but even so--no man is an island, etc. Take comfort in knowing that an office of 75+ people share your pain. This is a poem that President Reagan quoted after the Challenger disaster. Seems appropriate now, too. Thought I'd share it.
With every good wish,
Jay

High Flight
Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds, — and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of — wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there,
I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air. . . .
Up, up the long, delirious burning blue
I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace
Where never lark, or ever eagle flew —
And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod
The high untresspassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.
— John Gillespie Magee, Jr

All that from the cockpit of a Spitfire! What would he have said after skydiving? Such a loss.

"High Flight" is truly timeless, and it's very fitting for this sad occasion.

Respectfully,

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Saturday, November 9. DSC, Buckeye. we will share some pictures and thoughts of Ela, the jump will be the sunset load and after that the bonfire starts. You know where it is, I will see you there.

Sky Sanders
namaste, motherfucker.

My name is Monika. I am Elizabeth's sister. I have lost my best friend, my confidant, my guide, my rock, the love of my life. I have no words to express what I'm feeling. My heart is shattered and fear that it will never heal. She was such a huge part of my life and now ther is a huge bottomless void. I still wake in the morning and for a split second feel like nothing is wrong then the reality of this hits me like a semi truck. I feel completely devastated.
The only thing that has gotten me through this are everyone's prayers and love.
Thankyou
Monika Kuczynski
602-956-0617
[email protected][email]

My name is Monika. I am Elizabeth's sister. I have lost my best friend, my confidant, my guide, my rock, the love of my life. I have no words to express what I'm feeling. My heart is shattered and fear that it will never heal. She was such a huge part of my life and now ther is a huge bottomless void. I still wake in the morning and for a split second feel like nothing is wrong then the reality of this hits me like a semi truck. I feel completely devastated.
The only thing that has gotten me through this are everyone's prayers and love.
Thankyou
Monika Kuczynski
602-956-0617
[email protected][email]

Monika,
There is nothing we can do to take away your pain, but offer sympathy and keep you in our prayers. It is very hard to lose a sister, I know, I lost a twin sister. It isn't easy and she will always be in your thoughts. Know that we care......

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Monika,

My prayers are definitely with you and your family. I know the pain you must be feeling is severe. Believe it or not, but time will help. You will always love and miss your sister, but time does have a way to help you cope.

Hang in there. Give yourself permission to grieve.

Chris

Thanks for making me cry at work, JT.

You girls fly high and soar with us all. Have fun and I'll see ya when I get there. Save me some purple wings ok?

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

You know, this was one of the first things I thought about...

Ela, standing there, waiting for Holly. Arms outstretched, grinning as Ela could grin, and Holly, running, grinning her most famous facesplitting grin..."told ya, girl, I'd see you with love and light. Now, which angel needs flying lessons???"...

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

It's that time of year again, babe.

I miss you more than I could have ever imagined possible and I have thought of you every day for the past nine years but 11-02 is always the hardest. But I get through it, again, every day and don't regret a second.

I think it is safe to say, now, that you are now and will always in my heart.

Thank you for loving me.

for those who never met her, this is Ela on her last day on earth and before her last jump.
namaste, motherfucker.

thank you grant. it is the love and gentle guidance of my friends here that helped me through that first really hard part. i love you guys.

i hear her in a lot of music and the list is long but i am 3/4 through a fifth of tanquerai and while cleaning the garage in prep of my next teardown, chop and rebuild of my bike I had the pleasure of hearing Tony Bennet's "Duets 2" on NPR.

Man, that muthafucka can still sing. no joke. and this is what i heard....

One for My Baby (and One More for the Road)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMAJRpDVGcA

but this is about Ela - a forward thinking, open minded 20 something who could literally light up a room (just like the cliche, but real) and heal people with her presence and her touch.

the one who said to me one friday night "Hey mr. fearless, I am going skydiving tomorrow morning. You coming?" ooohhh, it's on! We went, along with my friend, Seth, one of the most die-hard motherfuckers I have ever known, and did our tandems.

after it was over and we were all sitting down - Ela and I just looked at each other and knew that something had just gotten started.

Seth said "I see the attraction, I had a phenomenal experience, but I don't think I will be doing that again any time soon..."

blah blah blah.....

i am, and have always been, an absolute athiest. there was a time there that i wished and prayed to be proven wrong if only but to know that Ela had not ended.

no such luck. but hey - we live on in those who remember us, right? I think I understand that now.
namaste, motherfucker.