quade

Please help me with a quick experiment.

Actually, what I was trying to figure out was whether or not most people in the US judge the value of a person based on what he did for a living.

It's my observation that when meeting new people and engaging in conversation, one of the first questions that always comes up is; "What do you do for a living?" I find that interesting, because it's as if those people value a man's job as the most important thing about what defines them. I, on the other hand, rarely ask about work, and instead ask if they have any kids, or what they do for recreation. I think family, and what they choose to do when not working, are far better ways of getting to really know what someone is like as a person.

Actually, what I was trying to figure out was whether or not most people in the US judge the value of a person based on what he did for a living.

It's my observation that when meeting new people and engaging in conversation, one of the first questions that always comes up is; "What do you do for a living?" I find that interesting, because it's as if those people value a man's job as the most important thing about what defines them. I, on the other hand, rarely ask about work, and instead ask if they have any kids, or what they do for recreation. I think family, and what they choose to do when not working, are far better ways of getting to really know what someone is like as a person.

Hey! We can agree on something. :)
Actually, I think that in today's economy and with the employment rate being what it is, outside of a business meeting, it's also a bit of a rude question.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Leonidas - certifiable badass

Yeah, for a gay man leading an all gay army, he did alright. ;)

They didn't exactly cover that aspect of their life in the movie, 300.

Movies based on comic books are not exactly known for their historical accuracy ;)

Any gayness, Helot deaths and enslavment is cancelled out by Leonidas' badassness....making him not gay.

Squeak - AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME, Self appreciated :D:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: ( * )

OR

Squeak - His Life FRIGGIN ROCKS pretty HardB|B|

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?