sacex250

This is a BAD traffic idea!

No, it was 100% due to the traffic circle. They are common enough to have laws governing their function in the Texas Transportation Code, but people just have problems with them.

Sorry Dave but that's bollocks, a roundabout is inanimate, it is ALL due to drivers either failing to use them correctly or not educating themselves in the proper use. Where I grew up we’ve had them for decades they are simple and effective. Where I live now they are a recent addition and people do not use them correctly, with correct use they allow traffic to flow much more smoothly than other traffic controls, but alas they are rarely use correctly.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

No, it was 100% due to the traffic circle. They are common enough to have laws governing their function in the Texas Transportation Code, but people just have problems with them.

Sorry Dave but that's bollocks, a roundabout is inanimate, it is ALL due to drivers either failing to use them correctly or not educating themselves in the proper use.

All traffic control devices are inanimate, but they are created and implemented by persons. Civil Engineers work hard to create traffic control devices that not only allow for the positive flow of traffic, but to do so easily and safely.

When traffic is unable to safely, quickly and easily traverse the roadway, there is a failure in design or implementation. Driver education is paramount, however, in an age in which we can't even convince society to hang up their cell phones and to not drink and drive, well, we have to design simplicity that is easily understood and used.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

>Sorry Dave but that's bollocks, a roundabout is inanimate . . .

Right, So do bad brakes, slick roads and guardrails. They can nevertheless play a role in increasing, or decreasing, accidents.

This is quite interesting. I'm pretty sure that no one thought the OP was a good idea.

It took 2 posts to turn this into a circular (hah ha) argument about roundabouts and dumb asses.

As far as I can tell: 1) no one thinks that traffic circles are in and of themselves are a bad idea. 2) Dumb ass drivers are rampant.

:D I think the key is: Clueless, igit drivers are always going to be with us.... drive accordingly.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

>Sorry Dave but that's bollocks, a roundabout is inanimate . . .

Right, So do bad brakes, slick roads and guardrails. They can nevertheless play a role in increasing, or decreasing, accidents.

So what, all those things are still onder the control of the driver (owner) it's not the brakes fault the pads are worn.
inane BS brought in for no good reason.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Nah, I look. Usually its 430 in the morning on my way to work.

I havent been stopped,yet.
But usually a calm attitude and my uniform get me a lot of leeway.

Uniform?

I work for dunkin donuts.:D

That is a horrible stereotype.

Now if you worked for a good taqueria and made a good migas taco...BAM, you're in business! Especially if you have a good tomatillo sauce.

That may not work outside of Texas law enforcement, so YMMV.

That was a serious query.

I normally don't post what I do on this site because I 've found ,well, people are assholes. and assign ideals and thoughts to me that may not always associate with my job....

I'm just here to get high and make jokes.

PM sent
My photos

My Videos

And to be the designated DZ.com guitar guy at the boogie bonfire sing-a-long.

Yes, Those who know me know me. But its gotten quite noisy here since the days of 20 members.

I'm feeling nostalgic...
My photos

My Videos

And to be the designated DZ.com guitar guy at the boogie bonfire sing-a-long.

Yes, Those who know me know me. But its gotten quite noisy here since the days of 20 members.

I'm feeling nostalgic...

You and me both. The days of friendship and family from the community on this site died with the death of a few members and with PhillyKev's job.[:/]

I think we should start a new group.

How does Rec.skydiving sound for a site?

HA! Those a-holes ran me off over a decade ago.

At least Facebook keeps most of us in touch anyways.;)

That was a serious query.

I normally don't post what I do on this site because I 've found ,well, people are assholes. and assign ideals and thoughts to me that may not always associate with my job....

PM sent
arent you and your 3rd nipple standins for Scaramunga in James Bond films;)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

3) The city has decided (and this is the most insane part) to put in back-in-diagonal parking around the circle of the round-abouts. :S

There's no accounting for morons in local government. Take a great idea and f**k it up.

Even the French have finally started using Round-abouts correctly - took some time tho - they used to give way to vehicles JOINING (or somesuch weirdness)... WTF

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

>So what, all those things are still onder the control of the driver (owner)

Drivers control the rain?

All those things are inanimate. They all contribute to the safety of our roads. Claiming that how you construct intersections has nothing to do with safety is silly.

>So what, all those things are still onder the control of the driver (owner)

Drivers control the rain?

All those things are inanimate. They all contribute to the safety of our roads. Claiming that how you construct intersections has nothing to do with safety is silly.

Exactly and a roundabout (not that silly thing in Swindon) woks better at controling the flow of traffic than does lights or 4+ give way (yield to you lot) or stop signs.
NOT understanding how to use them is what creates the problem NOT the roundabout itself.
Same with tyres (no "I") brakes and suspension. It's the suer lack of care thatcreATes issues with them and road use not the gear itself.

Learn how to drive or GET OUT THE WAY BITCH :|

:P
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Haha I've driven across (around? through? who can say?) that magic circle thingy in Swindon a couple of times.

I live in London, I've driven a bit in Spain, I grew up in Australia. I know how roundabouts work. And that thing completely baffles me.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

NO WAY!!! you're on facebook? :D

Hows the naked gym assault going?

Oh, wait, 'scuse me.

TRAFFIC CIRCLES are the way to go. Or maybe we could use a double yellow light system and call it the GREEN signal.

Naked traffic circles. THAT is the answer.:D

IQ tests for drivers would be appropriate too!!

All joking aside, it really doesn't even matter anymore. Daily a large number of persons who have no license or have a license that has been suspended are contacted. Even though they have their vehicles towed, are arrested or receive multiple citations, they simply do not care. The fact that the penalties for being involved in an accident if you're unlicensed or have a suspended license doesn't stop them. In fact, we're left with a society that, when involved in an accident, flee the scene as quickly as possible. In an attempt to avoid prosecution.

IQ isn't the problem. The problem is that people feel like driving is a RIGHT when it is simply a privilege. There are mass transit options, even in my little city.

There are always other options. Every day I see a small army of illegals riding their bicycle to their jobs. In rain, in the heat, in the cold, it doesn't matter, they're on their bicycles riding to work. They ride their bicycle to their job to earn money for their family, working harder for les money than the rest of us. Those are the persons who have earned my respect, from their hard work and dedication.