shropshire

Concerts ...

Went to see YES last night 'kin brilliant show - Loads of old stuff and the new (Fly from Here) was excellent too. They did Round-About as an encore ... and Rocked It.

Benoît David is fantastic - very Anderson-esk and proves that really good things do come out of Canada:P

Steve Howe is an amazing guitarist - stunningly versatile - His solo section of the set had me gobsmacked - what a talent.

Set List

Off to see Peter Frampton on saturday - what a week :-)

So, who have you seen recently or will be soon?

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Over the past few months I've seen George Thorogood and the Destroyers, Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band, and Carlos Santana. All were great shows.

Next month I'm going to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra.
"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Over the summer- Ozomatli, Flaming Lips, Mana and Paul McCartney. Enjoyed all 4 but I have to say the Mana and McCartney shows were both outstanding- as they should have been considering the ticket prices.

The last time I saw Yes had to be at least 20 years ago and Jon Anderson was still with them. We snagged 3rd row seats somehow. Glad to hear they are still rocking it.

outstanding- as they should have been considering the ticket prices.

Seriously. Earlier this year I had a little spate of a bunch of shows in May and June - Paul Simon, Elvis Costello, and Lyle Lovett/John Hiatt. Fantastic shows all, but that put a dent in my wallet.

Just got news that Social Distortion's playing in February down the street. Must get tix for that - had a great time seeing them a few years back in Seattle with livendive, vskydiver, and JohnMitchell (for the record if you ever need a wingman, John's a champ!).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I had no idea Yes was still performing. I just youtubed up some Yes last night. I've Seen All Good People and Heart of the Sunrise are two of my favorite songs of all time.

It's a shame Steve didn't play Mood For a Day.

Went to see Steve a few years ago on a solo tour - the guy is amazing

(.)Y(.)

This year we were introduced to The Mountain Winery which has an outdoor amphitheater. It's a small venue so you can actually see the artists and noise regulations mean that the concerts are over by 10:30 so you can be home for your regular bed time.

They also have fine dining with a prix fixe menu.

We saw

Stevie Nicks

The B-52s with opening acts Human League and Men Without Hats (Obviously Safety Dance was performed live but sadly there was no dancing crazy chick or small person)

Creedence Clearwater Revisited (the original CCR minus the Fogerty brothers) with Three Dog Night.

'YES' I saw them ~77-78. Louisville, Ky for ~$8.75 a ticket All original members on a rotating stage (In the Round Tour)
Last show I went to was Dr. John dinner concert at The Canyon Club in Agoura Hills, Ca.
I only go to small venues shows or the fair now, especially ones that serves food!

(how come my dog don't bark whenever You come around?!)

I've seen Judas Priest, Hatebreed, Buckcherry, All That Remains, Five Finger Death Punch, Testament, Anthrax, Death Angel, Journey, Foreigner & Night Ranger in just the past month or so. Wifey forced me to go to the Journey show.

I also flew Cali to see the big 4 show with Metallica, F'N SLAYER, Megadeth & Anthrax.

I've seen a lot of shows this year: Ozzy Osbourne,
Slash w/Alter Bridge, Eli Young Band, Luke Bryan, Rascal Flatts, Jayme Johnson, Biffy Clyro, Foo Fighters, Motorhead, El Mariachi, Rise Against, 3OH3!, A Day To Remember, Disturbed, Godsmack, Machine Head, Trivium, Alice in Chains, Kid Rock, Randy Rogers Band and Randy Rogers with Wade Bowen for an acoustic show. I think I'm missing something there...

I actually saw Foo Fighters with Biffy Clyro and Motorhead in Tulsa, Little Rock and Memphis with my girlfriend and then I saw Foo Fighters with El Mariachi and Rise Against in Kansas City and St. Louis with my daughter.

Between now and the end of the year I may go see Easton Corbin, Staind, Aranda and Violence to Vegas.
--------------------------------------------------
Failure to prepare is preparing to fail

'YES' I saw them ~77-78.

I went to that tour too - at Bingly Hall, Stafford - just a couple of days before I left to join the Air Force... Great concert (except we had Donovan in support[:/] )

So, Frampton tonight - looking forward to it :-)

(.)Y(.)