amstalder

Pet owners: How do you deal with the hair???

So we've had our cute little doggy for about a month now. She's super sweet, but a total teenager (she's a couple years old).

Anyways, how do you deal with the pet hair?? It seems like no matter how often I vacuum and mop, I can't ever seem to get up all the hair. I just vacuumed, and the minute I turned off the vacuum, a pile of her hair blew in front of me. Is this a battle I can't win, or there some sort of trick to this?

How often are you brushing the dog? Are you just using a normal comb or a tool like the Furminator to remove all the loose hair? I have 4 animals and found with more frequent brushing the problem is easy to control.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Frequent brushings help, as already posted. Also try a grain free dog food, less shedding, better health, smaller poop.

You'll be vacuuming hair as long as you have animals.

We have a dog and 3 cats. If we took the animals out of our place you'd never know. Constant cleaning and brushing, along with the grain free diet.

Food reviews for ya http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/

Enjoy the new little one!

So we've had our cute little doggy for about a month now. She's super sweet, but a total teenager (she's a couple years old).

Anyways, how do you deal with the pet hair?? It seems like no matter how often I vacuum and mop, I can't ever seem to get up all the hair. I just vacuumed, and the minute I turned off the vacuum, a pile of her hair blew in front of me. Is this a battle I can't win, or there some sort of trick to this?

I have 2 dogs. Boxers. Short hair. But they SHED like CRAZY!!! I have little tumbleweeds of hair coming out from under the furniture all the time.

Honestly, there's no easy way to keep it down. I vacuum every week (sometimes more if they've shredded something paper or cardboard).

I bought a good vacuum. A Dyson Animal. It does a GREAT job of getting the dog hair out of the carpets and off the floor.

Wish I had an easy fix for you. A good vacuum is all I can offer.
'Shell

I have 2 dogs. Boxers. Short hair. But they SHED like CRAZY!!! I have little tumbleweeds of hair coming out from under the furniture all the time.

Honestly, there's no easy way to keep it down. I vacuum every week (sometimes more if they've shredded something paper or cardboard).

I bought a good vacuum. A Dyson Animal. It does a GREAT job of getting the dog hair out of the carpets and off the floor.

Open up the windows... and go for it

Hi Nice lady

Source control: remove the hair outside with the correct brush before it falls off.inside the house.:)
Link to Amazon.com and the furminator

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0040QQ07C/ref=sc_pgp__m_AZBSCB9M576VZ_6?ie=UTF8&m=AZBSCB9M576VZ&n=&s=&v=glance

Also search youtube.com for furminator video's and the Furminator websight for correct size.

That was easy:)
K-RIP

Open up the windows... and go for it

BRILLIANT idea! But only the deaf girl would be okay with it. My blow dryer scares Tucker! :D:D:D

Herc, my big white boy (RIP dude!) LOVED to be vacuumed! I wish I could get Bug and Tucker to see the light on that!! :)
'Shell

Getting hardwood floors and not allowing the dogs in carpeted rooms is the easiest way to deal with it.

seriously... vacuming helps but it seems that crap gets into every nook and cranny... but at some point I open up the french doors ... and let the leaf blower RIP... and clouds of Bear and Angel and Fuzzbutt and Milo... and Tigger hair... blows right on out:)

seriously... vacuming helps but it seems that crap gets into every nook and cranny... but at some point I open up the french doors ... and let the leaf blower RIP... and clouds of Bear and Angel and Fuzzbutt and Milo... and Tigger hair... blows right on out:)

:D:D:D:D:DAmazon, I have this picture in my head of you with leaf blower "a la Texas Chain Saw Massacre" ... :D:D:D:D and tumbling dogs rolling out the french doors!
'Shell

I love the Furminator, it's amazing! On furniture, I find the Pledge Fabric Sweeper to be quite effective. For the tile/hardwood floors, I Swiffer a few times a week.

I wish I could be paid for my product placements. :P

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I love the Furminator, it's amazing! On furniture, I find the Pledge Fabric Sweeper to be quite effective. For the tile/hardwood floors, I Swiffer a few times a week.

I wish I could be paid for my product placements. :P

:D:D:D Approach them about it. I'm SOLD! ;);)
'Shell

I have two dogs. A Malamute and a Husky. Both blow their coat twice a year - the malamute it comes out clumps. They shed slightly throughout the year.

I have a furminator, we vacuum 2-3 times a week, the wife sometimes does it daily.

Bottom line is... you get used to it.

I have dog hair on/in my bed, in my bathroom, in every corner of my house, on my furniture, etc...

I chalk it up to dog ownership and just live with it. I try not to wear black, cause I know before I leave the house, my clothes are going to have at least a few pieces of dog hair stuck to it. I have those sticky rollers in every car, and a few scattered throughout the house.

The sad thing is, after they're gone, there is going to be hair everywhere and it's going to be tough to get over them.

Pic: A shot of my backyard after a furminator session.

Oh, and next year after my second kid starts walking, I'm ripping out the carpet and re-finishing the hardwood floors underneath. The dog hair totally fucks with my allergies in the spring time. But again, it's all worth it.

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

I have two dogs. A Malamute and a Husky. Both blow their coat twice a year - the malamute it comes out clumps. They shed slightly throughout the year.

I have a furminator, we vacuum 2-3 times a week, the wife sometimes does it daily.

Bottom line is... you get used to it.

I have dog hair on/in my bed, in my bathroom, in every corner of my house, on my furniture, etc...

I chalk it up to dog ownership and just live with it. I try not to wear black, cause I know before I leave the house, my clothes are going to have at least a few pieces of dog hair stuck to it. I have those sticky rollers in every car, and a few scattered throughout the house.

The sad thing is, after they're gone, there is going to be hair everywhere and it's going to be tough to get over them.

Pic: A shot of my backyard after a furminator session.

Oh, and next year after my second kid starts walking, I'm ripping out the carpet and re-finishing the hardwood floors underneath. The dog hair totally fucks with my allergies in the spring time. But again, it's all worth it.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Aint snow dogs fun:)
Trust me... you NEEED a good leaf blower and it will take care of that in no time:D:D:D

Shah, do you use your Roomba on hard floors? Patrick has been asking for one since we moved here in January (for some reason, he has a thing for vacuums, yet never actually cleans the floors).

The only carpet we have in this apartment are two tiny bathmats outside each bathroom. The rest of the place is hardwood. We rolled up the living room rug when we adopted Maggie since we weren't sure if she would pee in the apartment out of nervousness. I know I'm able to keep our floors cleaner since it's all hardwood, but it still seems next to impossible to keep clean (and I felt this way before we got maggie, too).

We'll have to check out the furminator. We were hesitant to get one or to get one of the "pin" pet brushes. WE do brush her a bit, but it's a like a double sided hairbrush and it hardly picks any hair off her.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Oh, and Cornholio. There was a malamute and a husky that were in desperate need of rescuing over the summer (they'd each been at the shelter for more than a year and were horribly underweight), that we tried to adopt. Come to find out that our landlord has a strict no husky policy. Evidently, the tenant before last had a husky that she didn't have the time to care for (single soldier), and allowed the apartment to look something like your backyard. The building lost two other tenants because the hair was travelling from our apartment to the downstairs apartments and causing health problems. Gross, right?

WE do brush her a bit, but it's a like a double sided hairbrush and it hardly picks any hair off her.

One of my cats is a short haired Siamese and the Furminator actually gets a lot of hair off him too.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

WE do brush her a bit, but it's a like a double sided hairbrush and it hardly picks any hair off her.

One of my cats is a short haired Siamese and the Furminator actually gets a lot of hair off him too.

I'm sure the Furminator would do wonders for Maggie. I realize the way I wrote that sounds like I think no brush would work on her; that's not what I meant at all. I was just so nervous to start her out with an effective brush, since they're rather sharp looking. Her brush just sucks.

We have 3 dogs (all large breed), 4 cats, and a rabbit. I furminate the pups weekly, cats as frequently as they'll let me (not often) and sweep the floor daily. The mammals are all downstairs, which is entirely tile, so that really does help a lot with the mess. Furnature down there is all easily cleanable, no fabrics... it's our kitchen/dining area and office area. Upstairs is much nicer, and a no pet zone.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Shah, do you use your Roomba on hard floors? Patrick has been asking for one since we moved here in January (for some reason, he has a thing for vacuums, yet never actually cleans the floors).

Yes and with two cats it works very well.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!