CloudyHead

Smallest skydiver you've ever known?

I'm only 2 inches taller than your friend.

(yes, I can stand up in the Otter, and even the Caravan with a slight bend in my knee.)

I managed to find used gear that fit reasonably well, and when I bought my own, I went with a Talon. I have a 168 in there, so it's not a teeny tiny canopy either, and it fits beautifully. So it's possible :)

With stats like that she could be a helluva hot swopper.

What? How so?

Just like a small sports car, not much inertia, so you can get great acceleration and stopping. Plus, as small as she, she should be able to recover easily if she over-dives it. B|

And if she docks hard, less likely to take it out.:D

Do you want to be bitched out by a 9 year old for screwing up the exit or going low? This is why they must wait til 18.:D

I don't know. I've met some 9 year olds that could be more tactful than quite a few adults that I have seen.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

I remember meeting a girl who was really small. I dont remember her name but the nickname she had sewn on her MLW mud flaps was "Lil Bit". All I can remember is she was from Texas and worked for Ericcson (sp?) Communications or something?

That was back in the late 90's though.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

My cousin, Daizey, is 4'11".

Your cousin, my wife :P Shes going to be happy you called her 4'11", that is having her grow a little bit! She stands up just fine in Otters and Caravan's with only a slight need bend. Shes even been standing up in the Beech 99 all summer too.

We actually just had an issue with the new Mirage we got for her, it sits really low on her back and she was having issues reaching back to pull the main when she had the rig on the ground. By getting rid of the freefly handle and just the shifting of the rig a bit in freefall she is now able to pull easier but its something of a real concern if you are jumping anything that is too large.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

a friend of mine is 4'9 and 90 pounds

A friend of mine is 45 kg - 99.2 lb - (about) 1.50 m - 4'11" :)Yes , he is an adult male :)He solved buying a custom fit rig (Javelin?); I think he got a Stiletto 97 in there (he has more than 300 skydives now).
Stay safe out there
Blue Skies and Soft Walls
BASE #689 - base_689AT_NO_123_SPAMyahoo.com

Stiletto 97 in there (he has more than 300 skydives now).

we don't really need a "please teach me to swoop" digression again:|

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

The smallest skydiver I have ever known was 4'9" and weighed 85 lbs. She started jumping in 1979 or 1980 using old conventional gear that weighed probably 50 lbs. She told me it was very scary being in harnesses that still seemed way too big even though they were tightened as much as possible. She also had a very difficult time moving around and climbing out of the Cessnas used at the DZ. She made several hundred jumps before hanging it up to have a family.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey