CloudyHead

Smallest skydiver you've ever known?

a friend of mine is 4'9 and 90 pounds
lol is there even a chance in hell finding her a rig that fits?

Sure but that will take a harness made to measure which is about a $400 retrofit to an existing container.

This will be interesting next summer. Who's the smallest skydiver you've ever known?

One of my friends had a 90 pound skydiving girlfriend under five feet high, and I saw one of the Mullins boys (Jeff?) jumping when he was just 12 years old.

AMSTALDER is pretty tiny, and she's got a rig that fits.

I don't think I'll be complaining about my size for awhile after seeing the height and weight of some of the ladies on here.

I did get really lucky, though. I found a used rig that both fit me and the right CANOPY for my skill level (took me about a year...yeah I really waited that long to buy).

When I was searching, it wasn't finding a small rig that seemed to be the problem, it was finding a small rig that didn't hold an itty bitty teeny weeny canopy that was the problem.

Now, if only I lived somewhere where we could jump... sigh [:/]

My mind played tricks on me...

First time I read that as "Amstalder is pretty tiny, and she's got lovely tits"B|
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

First time I read that as "Amstalder is pretty tiny, and she's got lovely tits"B|

I've never seen them... dude, shes my SISTER!:S
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I've never seen them... dude, shes my SISTER!:S

I know she's your sister. Just telling how I read it first time through...
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

lol is there even a chance in hell finding her a rig that fits? This will be interesting next summer. Who's the smallest skydiver you've ever known?

My cousin, Daizey, is 4'11".

they put her on a 235/253 when she was on aff.
she had like a 3 hr (not really) canopy ride.

she's got a few hundred jumps.
My photos

My Videos

oh, yea. one of my previous students was tiny. She was able to stand in the otter with her helmet on. I dont know her exact height, though.

Amber from the Farm is pretty small. My wife is 5'2 and Amber is quite a bit shorter.

lol is there even a chance in hell finding her a rig that fits?

Yes, but it's a very slim chance. As previously mentioned, a harness resize is in order, and that should solve the problem.

Look for a rig that will fit the canopies she needs, and that has a med to small harness. Get the serial number for the harness, and then fill out an order form for that same type of rig with your friends measurements. Contact the manufacturer with both, and see if they can do it, and what the cost will be.

There's a fair chance that the short Main Lift Web will require short handles to fit in between the chest strap and the hip junction. This will add to the cost, but cannot be avoided. She may be able to sell the old handles to offest the cost.

Another area of concern will be the risers, and again they can make her a set of 'shorty' risers so she can comfortably reach the toggles (and maybe the slider?).

The bigger problem is what to do about canopies. The rule of thumb is that canopies smaller than 150 are considered 'high performance' due to quicker handling from the short lines. Your friend will be exiting the plane at about 110 lbs, so even a 150 is very lightly loaded. The quicker handling only gets worse the smaller you go, so a 135 or 120 would be even worse, even though the WL would be getting closer to 'normal'.

The easy solution is having her do a bunch of jumps to work her way down to that range, the problem is finding a rig to do it. The mods to a used rig could run $500 - $600 (including handles/risers) so she will want to try to get down to a canopy (and rig) size she'll be able to use for awhile before getting a rig set-up.

I don't have any real suggestions for how to proceed, this is one of those cases where there's no 'easy' way to go. It's like the 300lb guys who want to jump, they can do it, but they need specialized gear to make it happen, she's just on the other end of the spectrum.