shah269

What is wrong with engineers? Shooting a dead horse.

Nah, more likely just gasconading and cockalorum.
:P

Skymama enrolled you one of those Increase Your Vocabulary courses, didn't she?:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

As callipygous as She is, I simply cannot resist her efforts to "improve" me.

Oh, you're pretty great as you are, you just need a little tweaking. ;) But, you DO have a potty mouth!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

You ARE the one perfect being.

You may call me "The Shah"
Please leave beer sacrifices at my 1000ft tall bronze statue of me.....which BASE jumpers will use to jump from every Sunday.

You can keep the virgins but the slutty girls....well I'll take care of those for you!

Per my view in 10 years that's what I've seen. It may just be me....and god I hope it's just me. Because if it's not....we are FUCKED!

I must admit I find it utterly amazing that so many people here don't recognize when someone is merely taking the piss, purely for the entertainment value.

you clearly have a very different take on this than those that have met him in person

I've never met him, Norm. I can't take most of what he posts seriously. I can't believe he does, either. To me, he just likes to stir up sh*t for entertainment. All he's guilty of is some harmless trolling. Show me he's a pig who kicks dogs, & smacks kids? I'll change my view on him.

P.S.: Thanks for dialing down the new vocabulary. It's a bit rough... :)

Edit to add: I just looked up Callipygous. Where the H**l did you find that one??? Call_ip_y_gous...yeeaaah, I like that ;).

you clearly have a very different take on this than those that have met him in person

Those people find me exciting facinating charming kind caring a good cook a insperation to be amazing and usually start collecting funds for that alter/ statue in my honor.
Oh and they are further amazed for I fart lightning and piss bourbon
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Those people find me exciting facinating charming kind caring a good cook a insperation to be amazing and usually start collecting funds for that alter/ statue in my honor.
Oh and they are further amazed for I fart lightning and piss bourbon

And you're a great conversationalist in the car, don't forget that.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

And we have come full circle.

At first people said Shah wasn't real. Then some said they had actually seen him. Now, maybe he is not so real after all. He certainly doesn't talk like a real person. He certainly isn't consistent. He is happy then sad, lonely, then the girls (size 4) are beating his door down, the only women he meets are old ladies doing yoga, then... He can't afford squat, then he buys a sports car. Oh, and then there' s the religion he started with himself as the deity... I'm sure I'm not the only one confused.

I think Shah might be, too. :S:P

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I'm sure I'm not the only one confused.

My current theory is that 'Shah' is actually a collaborative performance of several mods and/or 'power users' of dz.com to the purpose of their own entertainment, also mine so I'm ok with it.

Multiple writers would explain the inconsistency.

:edited to edit and edit:

I was playing golf last week with three buddies: one is a doctor, one is a priest and one is an engineer. The foursome ahead of us was insanely, crazy slow. It got to the point where we called the green's master over and demanded to know WTF was going on? He looked a bit embarrassed when he explained to us that the foursome ahead of us were decorated combat veterans who served in Iraq, and all four of them were blind.

Needless to say, we felt like shit for making a fuss. The doctor in our group felt so bad he offered to see if there was any treatment he could offer them for free. The priest offered to go pray with them right away. The engineer paused for a moment, looked down and then said, “well, why don’t they play at night?”

Moral of this post: a sense of humor will make your life much more pleasant than all the time you spend making ridiculous postings on DZ.com
www.wci.nyc

And we have come full circle.

At first people said Shah wasn't real. Then some said they had actually seen him. Now, maybe he is not so real after all. He certainly doesn't talk like a real person. He certainly isn't consistent. He is happy then sad, lonely, then the girls (size 4) are beating his door down, the only women he meets are old ladies doing yoga, then... He can't afford squat, then he buys a sports car. Oh, and then there' s the religion he started with himself as the deity... I'm sure I'm not the only one confused.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1cLQBQTzkM
lOOK I'm not saying I'm a PERSIAN GOD......but if you wish to continue calling me as such....I'm not going to argue.

True story, I had this amazing chief who I looked up to....I mean I thought this guy was wow! Every one above him thought he could do no wrong and would listen to him intently when he spoke at meeting. And he was only 20 years older than me.

One day on a trip I asked this engineer of many years, how he had climbed the ladder so fast and had obtained the respect of his peers?

His answer?

He killed off high technical risk programs as such reducing costs and reducing over all risk of failure of the organization......

OK i thought...maybe they were shit programs....i can relate to nerds just doing nerdy things because it's "cool".

So i went back to the office and asked around, some of the older guys, who were a solid 40 years older than me indicated the guy who I thought was amazing would look at a program, and if it had a 10% chance of failure he would can it and write a report about how he had saved money.

According to one of the older guys "If it was up to him NASA would have never moved past the V2 rocket.....after all why improve something that already works! Why would any one want to go to the moon!"

And it is from this stew that our latest crop have come from. If all you are doing is promoting those who take no risks and have no idea what it feels like to fail, to fall to bleed and to push back up and keep walking what are you left with? Guys and gals who sadly kill each others great ideas long before they get off the ground for it is in this attrition of choice and death of ideas that promotions are given.

And take this from the Six Sigma Black Belt, a perfect tool that if used incorrectly can and will kill innovation when in fact it can be utilized with great ease to nurture and bolster tomorrows great advancements.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

ummm...can you enlighten us as to exactly WHEN NASA used a V2 rocket????

Ven da good Germanz broght zem back from ZA FAZA LANDZ!
Actually it was the Army / Air Force then...before it became NASA.

ummm...can you enlighten us as to exactly WHEN NASA used a V2 rocket????

Ven da good Germanz broght zem back from ZA FAZA LANDZ!
Actually it was the Army / Air Force then...before it became NASA.

www.white-sands-new-mexico.com/missile_range_history.htm

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

And no one died!
Now that's what I'm talking about!
I'm sure it went like this.

"Hans! FRANZ! Ok who was drinking when they were wiring the guidance systems on that last bottle rocket!"

"Oh you cute Germans. we forgive you.....now go make another rocket! And this time do it right!"

See, fail, talk about it, work it out get back up and shoot for the moon!

Close.

I wouldn't consider test launches to advance our program over the previous experiences of German scientists "using" a V2 in the manner that was implied. They were used to get the basics sorted out on multi-stage vehicles.
I got the impression you were inferring they actually used them for space launches.
NASA wasn't even created until the late 50's while the V-2 test launches by Army Air Force testing was the late 40's.

But sure. Whatever.

My bio dad was a rocket surgeon. :P
Strangely enough, I followed him at most of the research sites he worked at. I miss working with CFD in the wind tunnel! :):D:D

You know what it is...it's evolution.
Plain and simple...it's evolution turned on it's ass!
It's not survival of the fittest for fastest or he or she who pushes out and explores new ideas.....rather he or she who can hide under their shell the best.

I've been in meetings where engineers were just like fracking turtles....you first try to push them to try new things to experiment and to be ok with failing...so what it blows up....screw it we study the failure and build a new version a better version and we will make this work, if a project is a total success out of the door we didn't try hard enough!

That's like pushing jello....fun for the first 5 min then you realize how scared these guys are! And that frustrates you and you get angry and you can't figure out why these men and women the best of the very best are afraid. And of all things failing!

And the harder you try the more stubborn they become until they are hiding in their shells hoping this crazy person with his crazy idea that failure is not the end of the world will stop talking and stop pushing and just stop existing......

That's where you see it, the looking at your shoes, the fumbling, the texting, the us of big words and worthless power point presentations.....in the end...the rock wins....the hammer fails for it is not worth the effort of futility. And you are left with where we are now.

Look around you, has the world improved by great leaps and bounds? Other than the internet and a few other things.....how is your home heated? Cooled? Food brought to your table? Are we at the moon or just sitting in our back yards trying to find excuses why we can't get up and go?

Ladies and gents, this is devolution of not only our species but of our very souls. And the pathogen that has caused this demise of our great spirit....is the quiet engineer who is passive aggressive and sits and hides behind timed jabs at ideas for he or she lacks the spine to be the person at the front of the room.

May the next generation be better than the one that is in charge now