squirrel

This will make you appreciate your job.

So I know as skydivers, we all crave not to work and jump all day. On Sunday I watch this story on 60minutes, and it made me appreciate the fact that I have a job, even if it is only contract work, its a paying job. Take 15 minutes and watch, I think you will look at your shitty job in a new way.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cbsnews.com%2F8301-18560_162-57330802%2Fhard-times-generation-families-living-in-cars%2F%3Ftag%3DcontentMain%253BcbsCarousel&h=dAQGK_HwbAQFgFfrDo8Sws4uLESmsdBXRvzJ3Z1QuhJtSBw

I dont have a shitty job,B|B|B|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I don't have a shitty job, I actually have a pretty good one, with great pay and great benefits and pretty good work-life balance.

All the problems I have are "first world problems" and pretty fucking minor ones at that. Life is good.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

well, then hopefully, you like your job even more.

I don't have a shitty job, I actually have a pretty good one, with great pay and great benefits and pretty good work-life balance.

All the problems I have are "first world problems" and pretty fucking minor ones at that. Life is good.

yup my biggest problem at the moment is whether I can make the drive from LAX to ONT through LA traffic and not miss my connection to SEA
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

yup my biggest problem at the moment is whether I can make the drive from LAX to ONT through LA traffic and not miss my connection to SEA

that,.. is all about timing. i live here. go middle of day... leaving 2 pm at latest... or you gotta wait till after... hmmm 6:45pm

that,.. is all about timing. i live here. go middle of day... leaving 2 pm at latest... or you gotta wait till after... hmmm 6:45pm

LOL kinda constrained by flight arrivals and departures. I can ask them to hold the plane until after peak hour, but not sure that they'll oblige ;)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I watched that too. One thing that jumped out at me is that while living in their car sucks, the family in the truck is working as hard as they can at remaining a family. It was harder to tell with teh other one, just because we didn't spend as much time as we could with them.

Seems like you can pull together, or pull apart, in hard times.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Yea, no shitty job here either. Yea long hours and some stress involved, however it is a job, I live and an amazing place now and am getting to get my hands into some great technology.

No complaints here! B|

She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto