PhoenixPhive

Has Anyone Who Has Skydived Died Before They Skydived?

No offense to those who've experienced temporary cardiac arrest and now go through life telling people "I died", but they need to revise their definitions. Dead is dead. There's no typing on the internet afterward.

That being said, I'm glad you're all still here with us.

you are wrong: it changes someone "forever"

I don't think that he disputes your experience. Only that the temporary cessation of respiration and heartbeat does not mean that one is dead (note the word 'temporary' in the sentance. Death is the permanent cessation thereof.

Oh... and your title about made my eyes cross trying to figure out what on earth you were talking about.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

I had died (and was revived)

Then you hadn't died.

But saying "I died" is much less cumbersome than saying "I suffered temporary cardiac and respiratory cessation followed by chemical and neurological misfires resulting in an extra-corporeal hallucinations whereby I acquired knowledge that by all rights I should never have been privy to". :P

Is there a short (one or two word) term that you would suggest we substitute when talking about our experiences?
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I had died (and was revived)

Then you hadn't died.

But saying "I died" is much less cumbersome than saying "I suffered temporary cardiac and respiratory cessation followed by chemical and neurological misfires resulting in an extra-corporeal hallucinations whereby I acquired knowledge that by all rights I should never have been privy to". :P

Is there a short (one or two word) term that you would suggest we substitute when talking about our experiences?

Cardiac arrest? Cardiac and respiratory arrest? Temporary cardiac and respiratory arrest with hallucinations? Hallucinations with lasting post-incident psychological effects? Sorry for going over your one-to-two-word limit. But thanks anyway, at the least, for acknowledging the hypoxia/anoxia-induced hallucinations for what they were: hallucinations.

If you feel the need to craft a convenient definition, for your ease of use, which has more accuracy to it than error, the task of doing so is less mine than yours; but in any event, death is what it is, and it ain't what it ain't.