shropshire

Guitarists ... check THIS out ...

Maybe we can 'hide' our lack of skill with a some expensive transistors and stuff?

hey... The Edge does:P

So does most of today's pop artists, via the use of electronic perfection. A good voice and accurate vocals are no longer necessary to make it big these days. Now it's just looks.:S
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Well that's me fucked on ALL 3 counts:(

I can sing pretty damn good with spot on accuracy, but I don't have the stardom look... I'm more the disgusting dirty white biker trash look.:D
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

This is GraphTech's answer to the Roland GK2/3, it's been around for almost 20 years now, in fact it's Roland's signaling and standard (the 13 pin connector) they are using. Godin has been doing a piezo bridge with individual saddle pickups to MIDI conversion for a long time using LR Baggs bridges (now they use RMC). Carvin has a setup the do in some pieces (using the GraphTech system), Parker Fly did (does?). I know I'm missing some other companies that build stock guitars with this capability.

I can sing pretty damn good with spot on accuracy, but I don't have the stardom look... I'm more the disgusting dirty white biker trash look.:D

Got a face for radio hu? :P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Yup.:D

The second picture looks like the 'American Dad'! :D

Chuck

This is GraphTech's answer to the Roland GK2/3, it's been around for almost 20 years now, in fact it's Roland's signaling and standard (the 13 pin connector) they are using. Godin has been doing a piezo bridge with individual saddle pickups to MIDI conversion for a long time using LR Baggs bridges (now they use RMC). Carvin has a setup the do in some pieces (using the GraphTech system), Parker Fly did (does?). I know I'm missing some other companies that build stock guitars with this capability.

Peavey did it for several years, and even put it on both the Bromberg and Sarzo basses at one time.
Been around for a long while, but this is a good product demo.
Have you heard what Neil Zaza is doing with some of this stuff? His brother is a wingsuiter on this forum.

Chuck

"Good morning U.S.A.!!!! ..."

I'll stick with my Gretsch and tube amp.

Chuck

Nice B| - Which Gretsch ?

Anniversary. I first saw that guitar when I was a kid, taking lessons. It was the first year they came-out. The music store owner took it down so I could get a closer look. That did it! Some day, I was going to get one. A few years later, I did! Mine is U.S.A. made! Not 'Baldwin' era.

Chuck

Chuck

"Good morning U.S.A.!!!! ..."

:D:D

Chuck

Very nice - My first guitar when I was a kid was a semi-acoustic ... 'cheap as chips' but I paid for it myself (no mean feat) and I loved it.

I never took guitar lessons (but did play brass and had lessons in that - so I could read etc)... That was [cough] just over 30 years ago [shakes head] ... and now I've just started to play again. I could kick myself for ever giving up!!

Oh Well ...... as Fleetwood Mac would say play.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

My first gitar was (still have it) a 1965 Gibson B-25. Paid for it with a paper route.
In 1992, I made a solid body electric in my garage. Mahogany neck (Fender style head-stock) and white maple body, single cut-away. DiMarzio pick-ups, Les Paul bridge and Schaller tuning keys. Black and white laminated pick-guard.
I had a luthier look at it when it was done and recieved so very flattering comments.

Chuck

Peavey did it for several years, and even put it on both the Bromberg and Sarzo basses at one time.
Been around for a long while, but this is a good product demo.
Have you heard what Neil Zaza is doing with some of this stuff? His brother is a wingsuiter on this forum.

OH yea! You had mentioned that while I was out at S'nore. I had completely forgotten. I'll be checking him out.

During the 90's I went to NAMM regularly, a pretty interesting time for music technology. I was blown away the first time I saw time stretching with pitch stability.

Very nice - My first guitar when I was a kid was a semi-acoustic ... 'cheap as chips' but I paid for it myself (no mean feat) and I loved it.

I never took guitar lessons (but did play brass and had lessons in that - so I could read etc)... That was [cough] just over 30 years ago [shakes head] ... and now I've just started to play again. I could kick myself for ever giving up!!

'Then play on' I have that album! :D

The late Brian Jones played an anniversary model Gretsch. ;)

At least, you're getting back into it! That's the good part. As long as the fingers still work! ;)

Chuck

My theme song..

I CANT TELL YA `BOUT THE STATE I`M IN
I CANT SING, I AINT PRETTY AND MY LEGS ARE THIN

BUT Don’t ASK ME WHAT I THINK OF YOU
I MIGHT NOT GIVE THE ANSWER THAT YA WANT ME TO

:P
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?