skymama

When there are two skydivers in the house...

...and one skydiver is sick, can the other skydiver go to the dz and not be considered a schmuck for jumping while the other one is stuck on the couch coughing up a lung? I mean, the Sickie needs rest and peace and quiet, right? The Healthy Skydiver is really just being considerate if she leaves. It's win-win for everyone! :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

...and one skydiver is sick, can the other skydiver go to the dz and not be considered a schmuck for jumping while the other one is stuck on the couch coughing up a lung? I mean, the Sickie needs rest and peace and quiet, right? The Healthy Skydiver is really just being considerate if she leaves. It's win-win for everyone! :)

Translation: Normiss is really sick and is coughing up his organs, and I'm too disgusted by it so I need a great excuse so I can go skydiving AND not look like a schmuck while I'm doing it. Since I'm not creative enough, I need DZ.com to come up with a good excuse and hope Normiss is too sick to log onto DZ.com and see this thread.

There. Did I miss anything? :D

And who knows...maybe Normiss may 'call a friend' to come take care of him. :):S

Enjoy your jumps...who knows what you may come home to....:P:D

Men are such babies when they're sick. Better to get out of the house so they're not embarrassed a couple days later that you saw how un-manly they were behaving. :D

Go. Enjoy. If you want to earn a few extra points pick up some extra-spicy pho or hot & sour soup on your way home.B|

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Men are such babies when they're sick. Better to get out of the house so they're not embarrassed a couple days later that you saw how un-manly they were behaving. :D

Go. Enjoy. If you want to earn a few extra points pick up some extra-spicy pho or hot & sour soup on your way home.B|

I disagree. I did the Tough Mudder in May of this year...2 days before the event I had a 103 degree fever. Still was at about 100 when I did it. So...:P

And I second the spicy food. That'll open up the airways, will help poor Normy breathe easier, and will make it look like you care. :PB|

There. Did I miss anything?

No, you about covered it. :ph34r:

I'm not going to go to the dz, although I am getting a good laugh at how many people are saying that I should. You people are cold-hearted. :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I'm not going to go to the dz, although I am getting a good laugh at how many people are saying that I should. You people are cold-hearted. :P

Awww..we should all be so lucky as to have someone like you. ;)

But you DID THINK about going, DIDN'T YOU? Don't lie now...:PB|

That's how we do it. If Vskydiver can't go out, sick or just busy, I'm off to the DZ. In fact, on those days I tell the manifest desk I'm spouseless and they can work me without mercy. That's a great way to recharge the jump account for when V feels better.B|

Now when I'm sick she can certainly go out but she has to actually pay a packer, not just trade for pack jobs.;)

How 'sick' can he really be...?

So what he's coughing up a lung, that's why we get TWO of 'em, this kinda shit was foreseen and planned for in the blue prints...

IF he were 'really' sick, the only fair thing to DO would be drive YOU to he DZ and heck he can very well kick back THERE and take it easy while you get your 'fix'...maybe he could work up a little sweat packing for you, they SAY the quickest way to feel better is ya gotta sweat the germies out.

HE'S the schmuck for not taking you there and packing your rig 1/2 a dozen times....what he's 'really' saying is he doesn't WANT to get better, he wants to couch potato it all weekend and have you make the pizza & beer runs solo!:S

THE HORROR! :o

:ph34r::P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I can't find the option for "Go to the DZ, jump and wear the naughty nurse outfit at the bonfire"

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Just don't bring those germs out to the DZ! We don't want 'em.

I HATE it when (and REALLY HATED IT back in my Cessna-jumping days) I have to ride all the way to altitude in the enclosed airspace of a jumpship as someone on the load is coughing up a lung. I just start popping DayQuil as soon as I land.

Elvisio "RNs have strong immune systems, but why tempt fate?" Rodriguez

I really thought more of you bastards would have voted for "stay home and wear a naughty nurse outfit."

:D:D:D

The man's sick. He needs some eye candy to lift his spirits. ;)

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

"...pick up some extra-spicy pho or hot & sour soup on your way home."

That's the least that Schmuck could do...:P

BTW, sharing several rides to altitude in a cramped plane when you might be contagious but not symptomatic yet? That will get you branded as being far worse than just a Schmuck.>:(

Go enjoy a day @the DZ. Why should both of you be miserable? BUT... if you feel that tell-tale tickle in the back of your throat? Stay away.

That's how we do it. If Vskydiver can't go out, sick or just busy, I'm off to the DZ. In fact, on those days I tell the manifest desk I'm spouseless and they can work me without mercy. That's a great way to recharge the jump account for when V feels better.B|

Now when I'm sick she can certainly go out but she has to actually pay a packer, not just trade for pack jobs.;)

I could go out to the drop zone while JohnMitchell is sick or recovering from shoulder surgery but my priorities are to my husband first and foremost, home and hearth. Skydiving comes way down on the list and I don't feel the need to go out without my husband or when home/children need something. However I realized years ago that JohnMitchell's priorities are skydiving first above all else even air to breath or wife or home and hearth. That's just the way it is. Therefore I must either let him go, when I'm sick, or suffer all day/weeks with him until he can jump again. And that can sometimes be worse than the illness itself! :D Even the children learned this very early on. We've accepted it. He's an addict that no amount of intervention will cure. We have to love him as he is or.... well, there is no other solution really. That's just the way of our life. Yes, I've been jumping for the last, almost 30 years, just to be with him. He's that wonderful. B| I'm not really a skydiver, I'm just John's groupie. So maybe my answer doesn't count. NM. :S

I'm not a skydiver, but generally speaking: if the sick one is healthy enough to whine about it, he/she is healthy enough to take care of him/her self. So in that case you can go. If he/she doesn't whine about it, you're free to go too.

It's win-win for everyone!

Rarely was a situation so full of win as this one.:)

Hey what the heck... take the bugs to the DZ and share them.;)

How 'sick' can he really be...?

Pretty sick and twisted, I mean, you ever see the chick hes bangin? B|
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message