deltron80

Should female skydivers date whuffos?

Unless I'm mistaken, all I see in your first paragraph is bla, bla, bla...

he he that there was goooooooood! :)

Hehe, thanks.
:)

NP if you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at?

So I was right then? So a skydiving girl will date a skydiving dude if he has the given;
body, car, house and or ability to jump a napkin?
But seriously girl, I mean really! In this sport/hobby? Really that hard to find a halfway decent guy? I mean maybe it's just me and the people I know personally but....there are some very decent people in this sport. Many of them have their head on straight and are hard working honest fun loving individuals who I am proud to call my friends.

Hell I'm not saying jump their bones and ride them like a mechanical bull but.....if you have a single gal friend and know of a single skydude introduce east to west. If nothing so that your female friend may join you at your local DZ and who knows may even join you?

Then again...maybe I'm being too optimistic?
In which case guys, keep on doing what you are doing...hitting on the tandem students.

And ladies, good luck finding that cool guy at the local bar.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Ok, I just saw this reply because frankly, I was busy trying to work.

So I was right then? So a skydiving girl will date a skydiving dude if he has the given;
body, car, house and or ability to jump a napkin?

What are you talking about? I never agreed with you, except when YOU said that what I wrote was gooooood.

But seriously girl, I mean really! In this sport/hobby? Really that hard to find a halfway decent guy? I mean maybe it's just me and the people I know personally but....there are some very decent people in this sport. Many of them have their head on straight and are hard working honest fun loving individuals who I am proud to call my friends.

Hell I'm not saying jump their bones and ride them like a mechanical bull but.....if you have a single gal friend and know of a single skydude introduce east to west. If nothing so that your female friend may join you at your local DZ and who knows may even join you?

Then again...maybe I'm being too optimistic?
In which case guys, keep on doing what you are doing...hitting on the tandem students.

And ladies, good luck finding that cool guy at the local bar.

I have no idea what kind of scary scenarios that you are making up in your head, but what the hell are you talking about? Seriously, you need to be bitch slapped in order for you to stop and listen. :D:D:D

Of course, there are many amazing skydiving (and non-skydiving) men and women, too! I love my skydiving friends...many of them are like brothers an sisters to me. When did any of us women say otherwise? Women who skydive CAN find true love with men who skydive. In the last two weeks alone, there have been 5 engagements among Southern Californian skydiving couples, and many other long-term jumper couples are having babies.

What I don't understand is why men and women even have to date or not-date, have a boyfriend/girlfriend, settle down, get married, have kids, or do anything else that society says that a person has to do... People who are not fully happy with themselves will never find happiness within another. (That was for you, Shah. Work on yourself, first, buddie. I think you'll be much happier, overall with your outcome, if you do this. I believe that you could turn your attitude around, still.)

As for introducing our male skydiving friends to our female friends, I personally do introduce them. That said, most of my female friends are skydivers. We have about a 40% female to 60% male ratio here in Southern California, remember? Every skydiving male knows that. If not, you may as well be a whuffo.

Shah, in response to your last line about ladies picking up men at local bars, most skydivers are jumping out of planes on the weekends, not cruising local bars. I highly doubt that many of our skybabes are trying to "find that cool guy at the local bar". Even if we do go to some great restaurants or bars, I have never felt the need to date some stranger from a bar! :D For one thing, that's just not a classy thing to do. Also, I've always thought...why would I try to pick up someone else, when I already have the best by my side? The trick is to walk in with that awesome guy, not pick him up there. :P

So you agree with me...nice!
Oh and the part about being a swinger...me likey!
Hell I think half the guys just passed out.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

AGAIN, I NEVER agreed with anything that you said.

I NEVER implied that I was anything like a swinger at all. I am a person who only dates on man at a time, and I would NEVER date a "man" like you, even if there was no other human left on this earth.

Since you are more screwed up than I thought and have apparently forgotten how to read and comprehend writing, I had to actually write that out for you. I cannot believe that you are a real human being, much less a male one.

Don't worry, Shah. You're obviously a person who needs desperately to find happiness and validation from his (failed) relationships because you are unhappy within yourself. We all "get it". No need to keep trying to prove anything else.

You insult me, provoke me or post another personal attack like that (calling me a swinger), and trust me, you will be sorry. That is NOT COOL, and you completely crossed the line.

I NEVER agreed with anything that you said. You call me a "swinger" again, and you'll regret it.

Read what I wrote about the skydivers I know being good people and then read this;

Of course, there are many amazing skydiving (and non-skydiving) men and women, too! I love my skydiving friends...many of them are like brothers an sisters to me. When did any of us women say otherwise? Women who skydive CAN find true love with men who skydive. In the last two weeks alone, there have been 5 engagements among Southern Californian skydiving couples, and many other long-term jumper couples are having babies (this part is way cool! And I liked the most!)

And moses smell the roses...relax!

Shah PMed me several times asking me why I was being so "mean" to him, just like a whiny little b*tch

I did? You sure? hu...must have been a bad time? Such is life.

But buddy you and i were in agreement above. It may pain you to see it but if you read what i wrote and look at what you wrote it was the same.

Yeah there are cool people in the sport and that yeah some may even hit if off.

But I'm sticking with one fact that there are more guys than girls so the odds of a girl finding that nice guy in this sport are much higher than for a guy finding a nice girl. Sadly for me I'm seeing it as a numbers game. Maybe I see the world as just one big probability problem and that may not be accurate but that's how I see things.

Shah PMed me several times asking me why I was being so "mean" to him, just like a whiny little b*tch

I did? You sure? hu...must have been a bad time? Such is life.

Trust me, you did. I am positive that you would remember, and if not, wow...for you to be so upset and to not remember is just strange.

But buddy you and i were in agreement above. It may pain you to see it but if you read what i wrote and look at what you wrote it was the same.

Yeah there are cool people in the sport and that yeah some may even hit if off.

But I'm sticking with one fact that there are more guys than girls so the odds of a girl finding that nice guy in this sport are much higher than for a guy finding a nice girl. Sadly for me I'm seeing it as a numbers game. Maybe I see the world as just one big probability problem and that may not be accurate but that's how I see things.

Love and life are not numbers games. They're not games at all. Good luck.

I highly doubt that many of our skybabes are trying to "find that cool guy at the local bar". Even if we do go to some great restaurants or bars, I have never felt the need to date some stranger from a bar!

I know! I would feel like my life had sunk to an all new low if I ever reduced myself to trying to pick up a random guy in a bar.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I remember lots of things, and some of those things actually happened others....maybe not.

And yeah, in my logical mind and per my experience in the world, I see dating/mating as a pure numbers game of odds and probabilities. As such if a guy in a target rich environment of say 1.5 girls per every guy odds are he will do well finding a mate. If it's 1.5 guys per girl odds are that the girl will find a mate. But that's from my experience and my view. Thus why I'm perplexed by some girls saying there are not ANY decent guys in the hobby?

But such is life, it's all about perception of what is around you. And for those girls who have looked around and noticed that the numbers work for you, than great! If not then well what can I say? Maybe too many choices mean we are unable to make any choice?

I highly doubt that many of our skybabes are trying to "find that cool guy at the local bar". Even if we do go to some great restaurants or bars, I have never felt the need to date some stranger from a bar!

I know! I would feel like my life had sunk to an all new low if I ever reduced myself to trying to pick up a random guy in a bar.

Exactly, Skymama! Hey lovely lady, PM me your mailing address. I'm sending out Christmas cards tomorrow, and I've been meaning to ask you, if you have the same address. Miss you! :)

I remember lots of things, and some of those things actually happened others....maybe not.

Trust me, you definitely PMed me asking me why I was being so mean to you, but posting PMs is bad form, so I won't do that to you.

And yeah, in my logical mind and per my experience in the world, I see dating/mating as a pure numbers game of odds and probabilities. As such if a guy in a target rich environment of say 1.5 girls per every guy odds are he will do well finding a mate. If it's 1.5 guys per girl odds are that the girl will find a mate. But that's from my experience and my view. Thus why I'm perplexed by some girls saying there are not ANY decent guys in the hobby?

But such is life, it's all about perception of what is around you. And for those girls who have looked around and noticed that the numbers work for you, than great! If not then well what can I say? Maybe too many choices mean we are unable to make any choice?

Ugh, I agree with you on one count. You are right about too many choices making things way more difficult. It makes it very difficult to choose, when there are many good options.

That said, you are too logical/analytical for your own good. You need to stop trying to fit everything into boxes. Feelings and chemistry cannot be seen via a dating resume and doesn't fit into any box. Nor do the numbers work out, when it comes to love and the many challenges (ups and downs) of life and relationships. Again, good luck. Don't try to figure it all out now...just live and be happy.

That said, you are too logical/analytical for your own good. You need to stop trying to fit everything into boxes. Feelings and chemistry cannot be seen via a dating resume and doesn't fit into any box. Nor do the numbers work out, when it comes to love and the many challenges (ups and downs) of life and relationships.

Yes I think you may be right.
Yet I dont' see puting my faith in random chance.
Not yet anyway. Maybe in the future, but not now.

Then again, in NJ and on most DZ's the odds are not with me ;)

Now NYC or Brooklyn.....1.5 to 1 things look better.

That said, you are too logical/analytical for your own good. You need to stop trying to fit everything into boxes. Feelings and chemistry cannot be seen via a dating resume and doesn't fit into any box. Nor do the numbers work out, when it comes to love and the many challenges (ups and downs) of life and relationships.

Yes I think you may be right.
Yet I dont' see puting my faith in random chance.
Not yet anyway. Maybe in the future, but not now.

Then again, in NJ and on most DZ's the odds are not with me ;)

Now NYC or Brooklyn.....1.5 to 1 things look better.

Look up 'douchebag' in the dictionary if you want to see what shah looks like

You insult me, provoke me or post another personal attack like that (calling me a swinger), and trust me, you will be sorry. That is NOT COOL, and you completely crossed the line.

Why would being called a swinger be a personal attack? The rest of it sounds spot on though.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Rap is to music what etch-a-sketch is to art.

It was a DZ bar too - does that make it worse?

We didn't even meet at a dz! :ph34r:

...and that's when the fight started.

Mark, if you don't remember where you guys met....buy flowers tomorrow. The bruises will heal later.
:P
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Why would being called a swinger be a personal attack? .

Yeah. I don't get it. Swingers have more fun.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Yeah. I don't get it. Swingers have more fun.

As with most polyamorous type lifestyles they're generally pretty cool people too. :D:)

Well when I think swinging I'm thinking bright clothes and groovy styles and open minds.

But sure why not.

Since your comment is directed at me, I'll comment back to you. First, nothing that I've written in my post would have Shah think that I've said anything even remotely close to being a "swinger". Sorry, but as a lady, who is quite selective, I feel that being called a "swinger" (based on a post, where I wrote completely the opposite) is the same as being called a "slut". I am the furthest thing from that, and having someone falsely imply that online based on absolutely nothing written in my post is NOT COOL with me. So yes, I take it as a personal attack because it was MEANT by Shah to be degrading.

Sorry to disappoint the insecure internet bullies, but I don't put up with the kind of disrespectful, misogynistic crap that comes out of men like Shah's mouths. Nor will I put up with it online. Like anyone else, I expect respect. Shah cannot expect to continually demean an entire gender and not have someone (or everyone) call him out on it.

In case you haven't noticed, Shah's whole agenda is to insult and degrade women. The way he does it online is to slip in small insults, which can fall under the radar, like the "swinger' comment. He enjoys twisting our posts into something completely different in order to meet his own agenda.

BrokenR1, that would be like me calling you and Shah gay lovers, and strongly implying that you both said it in your posts. There is nothing wrong with homosexuality, and they generally have more fun than straight guys, so why would that be a personal attack? (I know, I know...you're not Shah's lover, just his fan.) See how that works? Would that be cool with you two?

It's not exactly "OK" to insinuate that, right?