deltron80

Should female skydivers date whuffos?

Every time I read one of your posts I receive a figurative "nice square kick in the junk" to my overall mental capacity.

Your posts read like some one that is trying to recreate Silence of the Lambs in his cellar.

:|:S

Do what I do ... I just skip past it; I know I won't miss anything and it works pretty darn well :)
O

Actually....Shah's problem with dating a jumper chick is that he is still a noknob.

FIFY. ;)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

For an engineer, you're pretty bad at math.

Even if I bought the premise that the odds are 2 to 52 (which I don't, but I'll play along just for fun), have we talked about how many of those 52 1) play for my team and 2) are on the dating market? I don't waste my time trying to convince gay guys to go for me, and I don't date people who are otherwise involved in relationships. I know it goes on, but it's not for me.

So now we've eliminated a good portion of the available "52." Let's say we're down to 30. Of those 30, my experience is that quite a few of them will be well younger than me, as statistics tell me that men in their 20s are less likely to be married than guys who are older than that. While I enjoy hanging out with people in their 20s, I just don't find that (in general) we're looking for the same things out of a relationship. So (with the possibility of a rare exception) that just eliminated most of the single ones.

But really, it's simple math. I'm sure that I'll find one of the remaining handful attractive. If not, it's most certainly because I'm dumber than a box of hammers.

Good thing I already grabbed one of the good ones, because all this math has made my head hurt. Was I not supposed to hit it with those hammers?

And this became about me how now?

OK so your math is nice, but think about the guy....you have 2 girls....one is dating or married and the other is into girls. So what do we do?

Much like engineering, in skydiving if a girl can't find a nice guy she is either too picky or blind.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Just a thought....and this may be crazy and fun...
Why not have Ladies Night?
A DZ needs to have one day of the week...say Thrusday where the ladies jump at a lower price.
Even tandems.
Maybe that will get more girls to enjoy the sport?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

John ... it was ... V is a very lucky lady and you are a lucky man;[...] :)

Aw, thanks, Olympia.:)

Hear that, Remi?:P

I agree with her... on 1/2 her statement... ;)

I still think you must be drugging V.... ;)

PS: that being said, I think your situation is more believable that Dave and Muttley.. I mean, WTF? She MUST be acting under durress... I mean, engaged?????
Remster

If you think this sport is lacking ladies, you need to either get your eyes fixed or change dz's.

Or just jump for that matter.

:S

I would say it's a little less than say Volley Ball.
And much less than Beach Volley Ball.
And slightly worse than HD clubs.

It is what it is.

No guy wants to date a chick w/ bigger balls than he has.

Wrong. :S

I jump, my man doesn't and will never even do a tandem. He has no problem with that. Like me B|

Do I have to file for divorce now?

:ph34r:

Alright, I should know not to use absolutes. I also agree w/ billvon that I find passion a very attractive quality in a partner, even if it is not passion for the same things that I am passionate about.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

If a girl can't find ONE half decent guy out of say 52 then well let's be honest this simply implies one of two things.

Even if I bought the premise that the odds are 2 to 52 (which I don't, but I'll play along just for fun), have we talked about how many of those 52 1) play for my team and 2) are on the dating market? I don't waste my time trying to convince gay guys to go for me, and I don't date people who are otherwise involved in relationships. I know it goes on, but it's not for me.

+1!

So now we've eliminated a good portion of the available "52." Let's say we're down to 30. Of those 30, my experience is that quite a few of them will be well younger than me, as statistics tell me that men in their 20s are less likely to be married than guys who are older than that. So (with the possibility of a rare exception) that just eliminated most of the single ones.

But really, it's simple math. I'm sure that I'll find one of the remaining handful attractive.

Except now you have to narrow it down even further. Just because I'm interested in a guy does not mean HE will be interested in ME (note: I'm not "interested" in the ones just looking for the next score, so this unfortunate circumstance tends to be the result).

You could also look at it this way -- he may be a decent guy, single, in the right age bracket, hetero, etc. However, what looks good "on paper" doesn't usually translate into a match.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

>No guy wants to date a chick w/ bigger balls than he has.

I always did. (I could care less who has "bigger balls" but finding someone really passionate about _something_ that takes physical skill - skydiving, rock climbing, rugby, skiing - is a plus in my book.)

I want to find someone who does at least a few things that I like. I'd really love to find someone who is actually better than me at any of them too.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Rap is to music what etch-a-sketch is to art.

Who cares who people date.

Douchebag whuffos don't deserve to date women who can fly goddammit! :)

Have you been chilling with Shaw?

How do you know they are douche bags, and what is the point of comparison? We might think they are swell guys if we put you in the lineup with them while you are posting more dating threads on your smart phone! :D;)
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

How do you know they are douche bags, and what is the point of comparison? We might think they are swell guys if we put you in the lineup with them while you are posting more dating threads on your smart phone! :D;)

Trust me, they're douchebags ;)

I'm not quite as much of a woman-hater as Shah, but I have been burned quite a few times by the fairer sex..

I pretty much avoid dating now unless it's someone I reaaaallly like...which tends to be uncommon.

The fact that I only socialize in skydiving circles these days has limited me even further it would appear.

At least I don't have any STD's (yet)

And put those douchebags next to a bearded lady named Nikita, and they'll REALLY start to shine. :P