deltron80

Should female skydivers date whuffos?

My very unscientific impressions:

Skydiving helps a guy date a wuffo girl--at least initially they are impressed by the excitement and skills. This may later be counter-balanced by him wanting to spend every weekend at the DZ and having no money.

Skydiving is a net negative for a woman in trying to date a wuffo guy. They are better off not mentioning it for some time. No guy wants to date a chick w/ bigger balls than he has.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Skydiving helps a guy date a wuffo girl--at least initially they are impressed by the excitement and skills. This may later be counter-balanced by him wanting to spend every weekend at the DZ and having no money.

Skydiving is a net negative for a woman in trying to date a wuffo guy. They are better off not mentioning it for some time. No guy wants to date a chick w/ bigger balls than he has.

Wrong. :S

I jump, my man doesn't and will never even do a tandem. He has no problem with that. Like me B|

Do I have to file for divorce now?

:ph34r:

dudeist skydiver # 3105

No guy wants to date a chick w/ bigger balls than he has

I've always figured that too, but I'd love to hear the women chime in with their thoughts.

With so many guys and so few women in the sport, seems every woman has many guys to choose from at the DZ. Now, the question is, do they WANT to date a jumper?:P

I have to (sadly) agree ... I scared off more guys than I ever did previously since I started skydiving. I already come accross as as a "bull in a china shop" and rather independent and self-sufficient ... the skydiving hasn't helped the "big balls" issue one bit. I actually stopped mentioning this particular hobby ... they find out eventually (pictures on my Facebook, a t-shirt, a rig hanging in my livingroom) and me trying to down play it actually made things worse.

"You skydive?"
"Yes."
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"You didn't ask ... no big deal ... just one of the many things I do ... "
"Right ... "

O

>No guy wants to date a chick w/ bigger balls than he has.

I always did. (I could care less who has "bigger balls" but finding someone really passionate about _something_ that takes physical skill - skydiving, rock climbing, rugby, skiing - is a plus in my book.)

No guy wants to date a chick w/ bigger balls than he has

I've always figured that too, but I'd love to hear the women chime in with their thoughts.

With so many guys and so few women in the sport, seems every woman has many guys to choose from at the DZ. Now, the question is, do they WANT to date a jumper?:P

Want to? Sure ... but as always, all the good ones are already taken :P ...

O

From my experience women who get involved with whuffos tend to drop out of, or drastically reduce their activity in, the sport at a rate similar to dudes who do the same. It is just more noticeable when it is a woman because there are less of them. In both cases it seems that the ones whose so's are OK with it are those who have their own hobbies outside their relationship.

Overheard from a Whuffo husband over the phone: "Ya, Nancy's going to KPOW for the weekend and the fish are biting!"
The guy was a suburban hero whose wife let him go fishing every weekend all summer long.;)

:D A whole lot of single guy skydivers just said "OUCH" at the same time. :P

I am definitely one of them. [:/]
"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I don't date skydiving girl...and I don't think I ever will.
I get to close and care too much and I would spend too much time worrying about her and not me.

That said, you have to admit it is a nice square kick in the junk of all male skydivers when a skydiving chick goes for a Whuffo.

Why? Simple what are we talking about?
15% girls?
20% on a good day?
So that's 2 girls for every 8 guys....1 chick for every 4 on a VERY GOOD DAY!
On a bad day, 2 chicks to 52 dicks.

If a girl can't find ONE half decent guy out of say 52 then well let's be honest this simply implies one of two things.

1) WE as a population of men are lower than average in all aspects of dating be it looks to income and we should retreat to the cave from which we evolved from and never come out.

OR

2) The girl is dumber than a bag of hammers....really dumb ass...there were 52 freaking guys....and you had to go and try to pick up the tool at the end of the bar? There is always some dumb fuck who wants to ice skate uphill.....and I give you the girl who goes for a Whuffo instead of a skydiver dude who is dumb enough to pack her parachute and carry her shit to and from the car and yet is dumb enough to ask "So where are all the nice guys..."

This is really a good question for Dr. Shah...ask him what he thinks.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Being pretty freaking new to all this (started at the end of August) I told myself I wasn't allowed to even think about trying to date a guy at my DZ until next year. Yes, most skydiving guys are very good looking, and obviously we have at least one very big thing in common (enjoying skydiving that is, not big balls, at least last time i checked i didn't have any... :P), but I didn't want to be "that girl". The problem with dating another skydiver is the DZ drama during the relationship/if a breakup occurs (assuming we share the same home DZ). I'm not a big fan of all that crapt, and I like my DZ, so it is def a consideration as to if it is worth getting involved with someone.

As far as whuffos, I have noticed that a lot of guys who meet me think it is cool, but thats as far as it goes. There is def an intimidation factor. Most female skydivers are probably used to it as we all seem to have a lot of the personality traits that come across as intimidating, but then throw skydiving into the mix, and it seems that a guy doesn't quite look at you the same ever again. I've had things seem like they were going well with a whuffo, then have the interest disappear when they find out about the skydiving.

That being said, I do think I will (and would like to!) end up with another skydiver. I love the sport too much and think I am going to end up spending entirely too much time and money on it for anyone other than another skydiver will tolerate. Will see what happens when next season hits and I get to spend an entire season there! :ph34r:

Advice for guys who want a skydiver girl, wait until there is one at the DZ you actually really like as opposed to trying to sleep with the new ones that come and go. Guys get DZ reps as much as the girls do!

Every time I read one of your posts I receive a figurative "nice square kick in the junk" to my overall mental capacity.

Your posts read like some one that is trying to recreate Silence of the Lambs in his cellar.

:|:S

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Every time I read one of your posts I receive a figurative "nice square kick in the junk" to my overall mental capacity.

Your posts read like some one that is trying to recreate Silence of the Lambs in his cellar.

Do what I do ... I just skip past it; I know I won't miss anything and it works pretty darn well :)
O

Do what I do ... I just skip past it; I know I won't miss anything and it works pretty darn well :)
O

Actually....Shah's problem with dating a jumper chick is that he is still a noob.

wait until there is one at the DZ you actually really like as opposed to trying to sleep with the new ones that come and go.

Yeah, right. Like THAT'S gonna happen.

Guys get DZ reps as much as the girls do!

The difference is that guys brag about it.

:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

:D A whole lot of single guy skydivers just said "OUCH" at the same time. :P

I'll consider your remark a compliment to me and other "committed" skydivers, whether you had me in mind or not.:)

We take compliments where we can imagine them, eh John? ;-)
Remster

If a girl can't find ONE half decent guy out of say 52 then well let's be honest this simply implies one of two things.

For an engineer, you're pretty bad at math.

Even if I bought the premise that the odds are 2 to 52 (which I don't, but I'll play along just for fun), have we talked about how many of those 52 1) play for my team and 2) are on the dating market? I don't waste my time trying to convince gay guys to go for me, and I don't date people who are otherwise involved in relationships. I know it goes on, but it's not for me.

So now we've eliminated a good portion of the available "52." Let's say we're down to 30. Of those 30, my experience is that quite a few of them will be well younger than me, as statistics tell me that men in their 20s are less likely to be married than guys who are older than that. While I enjoy hanging out with people in their 20s, I just don't find that (in general) we're looking for the same things out of a relationship. So (with the possibility of a rare exception) that just eliminated most of the single ones.

But really, it's simple math. I'm sure that I'll find one of the remaining handful attractive. If not, it's most certainly because I'm dumber than a box of hammers.

Good thing I already grabbed one of the good ones, because all this math has made my head hurt. Was I not supposed to hit it with those hammers?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke