theonlyski

Drinking and driving this weekend...

I would like to share an experience with you about drinking and driving. As we well know, some of us have been known to have had brushes with the authorities on our way home from the odd social session over the years. Well, I have done something about it: a couple of nights ago I was out for a few drinks with some pals and had a few too many whiskeys as well as beers and some rather nice claret; but knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before -- I took a bus home. I arrived back safely and without incident which was a real surprise, since I had never driven a bus before and am not sure where I got this one.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

There have been times, decades ago, that I had WAY too much to be driving, and many time where I was at least somewhat affected.

Last St. Patrick's day, the 20 year old daughter of a friend was out with 3 of her friends, and they got hit by a drunk. Injuries to 2 of the 3 friends, but my friend's daughter had brain damage, along with her broken pelvis and leg. Although she is making progress, she will never be the same. She has the short term memory of a severe Alzheimers case, and compared to before, the quiet personality of someone who has had a lobotomy.

I decided that I don't want to ever be that guy -- the one who drank and changed peoples lives forever for the worse.

Well, if you ever decide to take Manhattan, let us know. We want to watch.:P

That's what he was drinking. I can imagine it was not something you would want to watch. However, deciding to take the bus was awesome!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

There have been times, decades ago, that I had WAY too much to be driving, and many time where I was at least somewhat affected.

Last St. Patrick's day, the 20 year old daughter of a friend was out with 3 of her friends, and they got hit by a drunk. Injuries to 2 of the 3 friends, but my friend's daughter had brain damage, along with her broken pelvis and leg. Although she is making progress, she will never be the same. She has the short term memory of a severe Alzheimers case, and compared to before, the quiet personality of someone who has had a lobotomy.

I decided that I don't want to ever be that guy -- the one who drank and changed peoples lives forever for the worse.

Wow that sucks, but its a very common outcome in this country.[:/]

THe trouble is that most who engage in that kind of behavior will never think of anyone other than themselves, its all about their high, and nothing else matters. >:(