RALFFERS

About time I posted up in here!

Hello all,

Wow, its been forever and a day since I posted in this forum! I'm glad to see all the names are still familiar. :)
Nothing to eventful has been up with me; I'm still just finishing college - 3 semesters to go though and I'm done with Undergrad. I'm really considering Grad school immediately afterwards, but am afraid to take on the debt that goes with it. Currently, I'm finishing the "Communication, Media & Theatre" program at Northeastern Illinois University, and hopefully I can land a decent job. If not than my only choice is to indeed start Grad school right away. Getting licensed is still very much a goal of mine,it's just been put on the back burner.

Speaking of skydiving - I have one very serious question: does anyone know someone who jumps with a colostomy bag, a.k.a. a shit bag? I'm thinking air pressure would be a problem because it would make the bag explode. The reason I ask is because my dad died of colon cancer, and it turned out to be genetic, therefore I have what is called "familial adenomatous polyposis". Basically, what that means is, one of my tumor suppressor genes, known as an APC gene is mutated and thus not working correctly. As a result, pre-cancerous polyps are forming; currently I have just over 100 poolyps (as of last year anyway), and anyone of them could become malignant at any moment. Statistically, 87% of people that have this genetic mutation have colon cancer by age 40, rather than age 50, 60, or 70 as is the case under normal circumstances. So, the doctors say that my only option is surgery. Now honestly, I don't want it; I think I can beat his damn ting via other, non-conventional ways. Nevertheless, I'm considering surgery as a last resort. Problem is, it's so life-altering; changing every aspect of your life - not just [potentially] barring you from skydiving for example. And really, there are things worse than death...

So I was wondering if anyone knew someone who jumps with a bag.

(Mods: Please don't move this to the "skydivers with disabilities' forum. This latter part is just one portion of a general post, an will be viewed more here. Thanks).
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

There is an active thread in Disabilities right now about jumping with a colostomy.

And welcome back

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

WTF...? :o

I thought I killed you?! :S>:(

:P

WTF? LOL :D

Long time lil bro...how ya been? B|

...and shorten yer sig line! :ph34r:

Doing pretty good, can't complain. Alive and breathing, and that's good...depending on who you ask, lol. :D For the most part, I'm just staying busy with school so I can finish as quickly as possible.

I've been meaning to call you; I hate this part of me that is so terrible at keeping in touch, I really have to work on it! I've been meaning to call you for the longest time (and that goes for you too, Mark), but the more time that went by, the worse I felt - so the more I put it off. That makes sense, right? :S[:/]

How are you? I hope all is well. I hope you're going to be in town over the holidays, it would be great to catch up! B|:)

Thank you for the welcome everyone, it's nice to be back. :)
Oh, and Billy... about the pillows... I don't know! :o Those damn roofies sure do their thing!