BarbaraKobzik

Visa Advice URGENTLY needed - can anybody HELP please?

Hi there,
My sister plans to fly from Germany to the US for a Christmas visit, flight is this Thursday. She entered her data for ESTA which is required for Germans travelling to the US, but the request was rejected.
Background is: she is married to a US citizen, lived in Florida for 2 years and had a temporary greencard during that time, then moved together with her husband back to Germany. Her temporary greencard expired in the meantime while she was living in Germany, she didn't do anything with it anymore after she had left the US, neither applying for an extension nor cancelling the greencard request. That is most likely the reason for the ESTA rejection and was her fault, but now is the question: what needs to be done to travel to the US? Especially to get it all done by Wednesday night, the flight is Thursday morning.
Sure we know about calling the embassy and appointment there and emergency appointment as well, but does anybody know exactly what to do in this case and what the chances are to get it sorted out quickly?
PLEASE, if you have some good advice, please let me know asap.
Thank you very much !
(and yes, if you have the special hint that sorts things out, I am sure she will be more than happy to keep you and your buddies drinking beer at the dropzone for an entire evening )
Barbara
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's nice to be important, but it's much more important to be nice.

If I'm not mistaken she could travel to the US and obtain a 30 day tourist visa when she goes through Customs. That would give her the time to get things straightned. I just traveled to Indonesia some time ago, and that's what I did, I was there for 28 days and then left. It's the best info I have. Good luck.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

If I'm not mistaken she could travel to the US and obtain a 30 day tourist visa when she goes through Customs. That would give her the time to get things straightned. I just traveled to Indonesia some time ago, and that's what I did, I was there for 28 days and then left. It's the best info I have. Good luck.

I would definitely not do that. The US can and does prevent people from entry, they just put you on the next flight home.

You probably need to try and get a tourist visa. As time is so short I suggest you try and get together all the necessary documentation for a normal visa application. But DO NOT try and file it without speaking to someone from the US Embassy. Just in case a mistake on your part causes delays.