CMortimer

D-bags at the gym....

Just fwiw, there is a large steroid culture at thousands of gyms all over the country. Even my little community gym has several users. Just stay away from them.

I would tell the management the reason you left. I wouldn't expect it to do any good. Any gym that starts seriously addressing steroid use among patrons isn't going to be in business very long.

Stay away from Globo Gym. Nothing but assholes.... Average Joe's is the place to be. :ph34r::D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

so I dont want to come across as bitching but this really gets on my nerves.

I promote good health and exercise, I have my whole life, as a kid I worked out to perform well in sports, as an adult I worked out to perform well in the military, now I work out to stay fit so I can enjoy my hobbies.

I recently had to purchase home gym equipment because the gym was about to make me go absolutely postal. I'm not sure how your gyms are but I was in the locker room and opened a shower curtain to find a guy shooting up steroids in his ass, I didnt say anything as it was none of my business what that guy was putting in his body, about a week later I was on the treadmill and I overheard him talking about how he is getting jacked and the ladies are going to flock to him in the summer because he is so "hard", when I heard that I was floored that someone would dope their body up to get laid and then think they are "hard" for doing so, honestly thats on par to smoking crack to get with a hooker as far as im concerned. I shortly after canceled my gym membership and went on my way.

So I started working out with some friends, and Wednesday I brought up why I left the gym and it turns out one of my friends knows who I was talking about and knows his group of friends as well and that there is an epidemic of steroid use going on in my area and its all for the same reason, to look jacked at the club. And they are getting into roid fits all over the place. (I dont go looking for fights, but I would actually love for one of them to try that shit with me)

So its not my place to say anything to these people, but I think it needs to be addressed, If I go to them about it, it will end badly, I can ensure that, im not the calmest of people when im pissed about something. Im not sure if I should talk to the gym, the police, or what, Im not trying to get the gym in any trouble I have no clue if they are aware its even going on in the facility, and like I said I encourage people to be in good shape, gyms are needed for that and i dont want people to stop going because of a select group of ass holes, I just dont want some juiced up ass holes running a muck of the night life in my area. I honestly thought about calling up some of my military buds to go show them what hard really is but I soon cleared my judgment and realized thats not what it is and thats not why we were trained, (also this isnt the movie the substitute, this is real life lol)

so would anyone here know how to go about dealing with a bunch of "jersey shore wanabes". something is going to be done about it, the one thing i was trained to do is stand up for whats right, im just trying to get some ideas on whats the right thing to do.

It isn't any of your business so leave it alone. It sounds like you are just jealous because he is going to"have girls flocking to him". People are fucked up and they do fucked up stupid shit. Being offended or pissy about what someone who isn't a "loved one" does is just being a busy body. Get over it and quit being such a whiner.
It's time for my nightly ritual: Pleasure myself, weep, and repeat.

That's not my way, I have always stood up for whats right, I always will.

Great people don't turn their backs to fucked up situations they fix them, I'm looking for a way to get rid of the problem.

That's a stellar mission there Captain America...in a 'Truth, Justice & The American Way' kinda way.

But seriously, if you feel that strongly about it, start a crusade in your community to raise awareness, set-up a hot-line for people to call in and report abuse, or get help with their abusing.

Produce, practice & perform a 'just say no to droids' speech and give it at local schools, gyms and community events...write an editorial stating your concerns for publication in the local fish wrap.

IF the problem is as serious and as much of a threat to the over-all tranquility regarding life in Gross Point...

~you will have little trouble rallying the troops and stomping out the 'Jersey/Gross Point Shore' plague that's infecting the community.

I fear however if your 'fix' is to rally your buddies and go cruising for bullies...
~the over-all long term effect will be less than negligible, and you'll just find yourself sucking a lotta dinners through a straw. ;)

Carry On, ...go get 'em Tiger, BEHIND ya All the way ! B|

I thought you were a catcher, not a pitcher.:P
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Great people don't turn their backs to fucked up situations they fix them, I'm looking for a way to get rid of the problem.

That's a stellar mission there Captain America...in a 'Truth, Justice & The American Way' kinda way.

But seriously, if you feel that strongly about it, start a crusade in your community to raise awareness, set-up a hot-line for people to call in and report abuse, or get help with their abusing.

Produce, practice & perform a 'just say no to droids' speech and give it at local schools, gyms and community events...write an editorial stating your concerns for publication in the local fish wrap.

IF the problem is as serious and as much of a threat to the over-all tranquility regarding life in Gross Point...

~you will have little trouble rallying the troops and stomping out the 'Jersey/Gross Point Shore' plague that's infecting the community.

I fear however if your 'fix' is to rally your buddies and go cruising for bullies...
~the over-all long term effect will be less than negligible, and you'll just find yourself sucking a lotta dinners through a straw. ;)

You didn't get them bow-legs on horse cowboy!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

You didn't get them bow-legs on horse cowboy!

Got 'em from my iron horse, grandpa.:P
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

honestly thats on par to smoking crack to get with a hooker as far as im concerned.

I told you about that in complete confidence and secrecy you would not mention it elsewhere.... 1 time that happened
Millions of my potential children died on your daughters' face last night.