in2jumping

Eggs

I was cooking breakfast the other morning and I started fixing my usual, 4 eggs and a couple pieces of whole wheat toast.

I break open 4 eggs into the pan, popped in the toast, walked around the corner to throw out the egg shells, noticed the garbage was full so I ran it outside and then come back to tend to my eggs and this is what was looking up at me. :)

not true...eggs are not nearly as bad for you as being made out to be, it was a throwback from the 60's-70's bullshit marketing when a lot of stuff was deemed bad based on bad science and rigged studies...except now that chickens are pumped fill of drugs, they're not as good as they are from free range chickens
http://kitswv.com

EggLands BEST.... maybe a buck a dozen more.... but a dozen eggs is still a decent bargain, and every few days,, or maybe on a weekend morning... with a little toast and coffee... Nice way to start a day..

If you like them hard boiled... then there is no oil or butter or bacon grease, in which they get cooked... AND you don't Have to eat the entire yolk... if you don't want.;)saves the fat calories.. and you still get good protien.:|

NOW if you go adding a half a pound of bacon, and some cinnamon buns, or donuts... or hashbrows or go putting LOTS of jelly on the toast !!!!!... That's when
the "healthy-o-meter".. can start going crazy....:o:S

I too like 4 eggs.."over medium" many a waitress has looked at me disapprovingly, when i order from THEIR menus...."Two Eggs & Toast Twice"... :P
sorry but they don't OFFER Four Eggs and double toast. so how ELSE could i do it.....???
I sometimes feel Like jack Nicholson in "Five Easy Pieces"..:P:DB|

Nice Picture.. funny...thanks

jt

not true...eggs are not nearly as bad for you as being made out to be, it was a throwback from the 60's-70's bullshit marketing when a lot of stuff was deemed bad based on bad science and rigged studies...except now that chickens are pumped fill of drugs, they're not as good as they are from free range chickens

I love eggs, but now that I'm over 50, I hardly ever eat egg yolks anymore, but have switched over to Egg Beaters at home, egg-white omelets in restaurants, etc. That, by the way, is upon the advice of a cardiologist, so I'll listen to that source first.

I love eggs, but now that I'm over 50, I hardly ever eat egg yolks anymore, but have switched over to Egg Beaters at home, egg-white omelets in restaurants, etc. That, by the way, is upon the advice of a cardiologist, so I'll listen to that source first.

Speaking of doctors... When I was 40, my doctor told me my blood-pressure was through the roof and lose some weight. I asked him for suggestions in regard to a diet. His words to me were; "If it tastes good... spit it out!" That'll get your attention!

Chuck

Yes 4 eggs do contain quite a bit of cholesterol, but like sfzombie stated is a throwback from old studies. The Atkins diet is proof of this were peoples cholesterol profiles actually improves on this diet.

I have a great cholesterol profile last time it was check about 8 months ago (I am 44 years old). I eat a very high fiber diet (30 to 50 grams a day eating lots of green veggies and supplementing with Metamucil) and avoid fiberless processed carbohydrates and simple sugars whenever I can, which I think is an important key to a healthy cholesterol profile. Actually fiberless processed carbohydrates and simple sugars is probably the main key to the obesity and diabetes epidemic in our country right now.

So there is probably different ways/diets to control and keep your cholesterol at a healthy level, but I enjoy my eggs and the fatty tasty yokes, especially when they are smiling at me. :)