Squeak

What tablet (not iPad)

Well I dropped my netbook and it's fooked
What are the tablet recommendations
(I'm not looking at an iPad so please apple tards don't bother replying )
I know they will they're incapable of not posting their single minded tripe:S:ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Hey, Squeak,

I'm a Mac, ;)

But that being said, I just bought my daughter a Kindle Fire for Christmas.

She likes it, except for the fact there is no internet connectivity if you don't have wireless available. She watches movies, surfs, banks, reads, etc... One week in, she seems to be happy. Amazon support is very good BTW.

lisa

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

If you look at all the reviews out, you'll notice that one stands WAY above the rest. Although the Prime is on back order at the moment I believe the next batch should be released next week. I'll let you know how awesome and amazing it is when it arrives. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIK51LRLud4
Before this one came out, I'd have to say Iconia was the best. I almost got that one.

If you want a netbook replacement with fixed keyboard, get the brand new Asus Transformer Prime with dock. I have the previous model Transformer + dock, and I absolutely love it.

I also have the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (thanx boss :)
These 2 are IMO the top Android tablets choices right now.

Acer has more expandable tablets but they look (and are) a bit cheaper. The 10" A500series would be my budget favorite. The 7"A100 is nice for on the road and the cheapest good 7"tablet. Acer will come out with a new A700 tablet that is supposedly very good.

If you have a blackberry phone, the playbook is being dumped cheap now so you might want to look into that.

If you're set on windows, you'll have to wait a few months for win8 tablets to come out.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Not available in US, but you can get one at DSE back home.

That's a little confusing to read since your screen name is also DSE. :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I got the Motorola Xoom Tablet http://www.store.motorola.com/MOTOROLA-XOOM-trade-with-Wi-Fi/dp/B0045FM6SU?ie=UTF8&id=MOTOROLA%20XOOM%20trade%20with%20Wi-Fi&field_product_site_launch_date_utc=-1y&field_availability=-1&field_browse=2952940011&searchSize=12&searchNodeID=2952940011&searchPage=1&refinementHistory=brandtextbin%2Csubjectbin%2Ccolor_map%2Cprice%2Csize_name&searchRank=salesrank 32 with an AT&T wi-fi 5 connect hotspot. Plenty of peripheral devices... http://www.store.motorola.com/Cyber-Deals-Mobile-Devices/b/3427118011?utm_source=search&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Accessories_Holiday_Campaign_28Nov-4Dec_2011

Quite frankly, while doing my homework, I don't think there's much difference between the Xoom and the Galaxy. The battery life is longer than they advertise. I'm getting a good 20-24 hours between charges. IMO, the tablets are not that unlike the Laptops/PCS of five years ago .... each with the same internal components and the only variance among manufacturers being that of size, style and feel. Basically, put the Chevy 350 engine in a variety of body styles (Pickups to Impalas).. in the end, you've still got a Chevy 350.

No matter which way you go... Be sure to get an otterbox.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I did a lot of homework on tablets. I wanted an Android device since I have an Android phone and I love Google stuff.

I waited until the 4G LTE version was available and I'm currently using it through Verizon.

I am very happy with it . . . the only issue I have had so far is that it will not download a system update, but I think it's because the update is for pay-as-you-go customers and I am on a contract.

My only disappointment has nothing to do with the tablet itself . . . Android tablet version of Google Earth doesn't include the line drawing tool, which I use all the time.

All in all, given the choice, I would buy the same one again. That being said, Motorola's next tablet, the XYBoard, has already replaced the Xoom. It is available in 10.1 and 8.2 screen sizes.

http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/Tablets/DROID-XYBOARD-by-10-1-MOTOROLA-US-EN
Arrive Safely

John

Not available in US, but you can get one at DSE back home.

That's a little confusing to read since your screen name is also DSE. :ph34r:

Yeh I figgered that meant he was selling them out of the trunk of his car.

I thought the same thing.
So what is "DSE" when DSE says it?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I had looked at the iPad and it really turned me off to tablets. I happened on that HP Touchpad firesale and figured for $99 it couldn't hurt otherwise I'd still be tabletless. I'd like to try one of those Windows ones when they come out and have heard great things about the Transformer as well.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Rap is to music what etch-a-sketch is to art.