wildcard451

Finally drank the Kool-Aid

...and bought a Mac.

Time to change my license over on Lightroom3, and buy Photoshop while it is still on sale.

Let's hope I don't regret this decision.

Um...no. You finally stopped drinking the Kool-Aid.

Congrats!

Just beware the withdrawl symptons...It may take a couple weeks to detox.;)
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Since you're still here to write about it you didn't drink the Jim Jones Kool Aid,,,,so it must be the Ken Casey Kool Aid.

( for you younger folks I've provided reference links below ;))

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Electric_Kool-Aid_Acid_Test

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jones

"The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." - Michelangelo

So did I.

Of course my next computer will be a PC again.

The mac is ok. I can see why people like them. However, it's pretty clear to me that it's an overpriced trendy piece of hardware.

If they were priced similar to PC's I'd consider them viable. I just can't justify the price and what I can get with a PC.

And, they suck for gamers.

edit: I will say that the trackpad is amazing, beyond amazing actually. I prefer to NOT use the mouse on the computer. The battery life is REALLY good too.

Still, I'm going to move back to a PC but stick with my iPad for the 'mac benefits'

Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Since you're still here to write about it you didn't drink the Jim Jones Kool Aid,,,,so it must be the Ken Casey Kool Aid.

oh man, i remember the jim jones thing... thanks for making me feel my age. :P

on the mac thing, you will like it. we are a PC/Mac family, and we all get along. :)

Went to work for a company where the running gag for the supervisor was to offer something to drink to the new hires during their first Monday staff meeting. We were so busy at the time, didn't have the weekly meeting for about a month. By the time we finally had one, he forgot about the joke. The crew let me in on the significance of the whole thing.

The supervisor was Steve Jones and the beverage was Kool-Aid. Yes, Jim Jones' only surviving son, Steve.:o

Let's just say you needed a warped sense of humor to work there.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Went to work for a company where the running gag for the supervisor was to offer something to drink to the new hires during their first Monday staff meeting. We were so busy at the time, didn't have the weekly meeting for about a month. By the time we finally had one, he forgot about the joke. The crew let me in on the significance of the whole thing.

The supervisor was Steve Jones and the beverage was Kool-Aid. Yes, Jim Jones' only surviving son, Steve.:o

Let's just say you needed a warped sense of humor to work there.

I guess that explains the sick practical jokes Jeff Hitler used to play on people back in the dorms.

So did I.

Of course my next computer will be a PC again.

The mac is ok. I can see why people like them. However, it's pretty clear to me that it's an overpriced trendy piece of hardware.

If they were priced similar to PC's I'd consider them viable. I just can't justify the price and what I can get with a PC.

And, they suck for gamers.

edit: I will say that the trackpad is amazing, beyond amazing actually. I prefer to NOT use the mouse on the computer. The battery life is REALLY good too.

Still, I'm going to move back to a PC but stick with my iPad for the 'mac benefits'

Ian

I got the trackpad - but also a Wacom editing tablet.
I pick it up in the morning, so we will see how I do with editing on it, and it the photo side of things really is that much better.

I guess that explains the sick practical jokes Jeff Hitler used to play on people back in the dorms.

No.....Jeff was pissed 'cause everybody kept making fun of the mustache he was trying to grow.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

If not familiar with using the Mac in general it is very worth the time to go through the Mac 101 and PC to Mac tutorials on the Apple website. Most of the info is super basic, but it covers most of the things people that have recently switched often complain about. The simple stuff like "I used to do "XYZ" on my PC, how do I do it on my Mac."
Killing threads since 2004.

If not familiar with using the Mac in general it is very worth the time to go through the Mac 101 and PC to Mac tutorials on the Apple website. Most of the info is super basic, but it covers most of the things people that have recently switched often complain about. The simple stuff like "I used to do "XYZ" on my PC, how do I do it on my Mac."

Yup. It was a strange feeling actually reading a manual. Even bought a "for dummies" book on the switchover for the shit of it. I can't say I love it any more than my PC right now, as I have just taken it out of the box, and this is my first post on it.

I can't wait to get Lightroom and Photochop up and running on it though. Should be blistering.