Coreece

Weed or Alcohol?

Alcohol, if for no other reason than its greater variety.

I could spend an entire lifetime attempting to drink one glass of every type of beer, wine and spirit, and still never finish.

I think I would get bored with weed rather quickly.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

For me alcohol, purely because it's legal

Ya it's certainly more popular...makes the poll rather predictable. We'll see how this one goes but we'll probably have to nake another poll down the road with several more options...my bad.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Well, to be honest, I guess there's probably more people out there that enjoy weed (or whatever) but probably won't want to admit it on an open forum - although I believe alcohol causes way more problems than a cheeky line ever did - look at domestic violence, usually alcohol induced rather than weed induced - I think most of us can see that? (yes - some of you will argue simply because this is dropzone.com),
but I bet it's closer than we think - it's a good poll... if people are honest about it.
Just to add - I fancied being a cop once so I lived my life as if I already was one - never gonna happen now, but it was a good way to be...

If you could only choose one, which would it be?

Weed is safer health-wise (if used correctly).
Otherwise, alcohol all the way B|

Hmm, is weed safer? I'm not arguing with you, I just thought it was worse because of the smoking/chemical intake?
I might be wrong but I read some statistic somewhere that said one joint was like ten cigarettes?
- Again, I have nothing to back this up other than heresay...

As long as weed remains illegal, and drug-testing in the workplace remains common, a comparison re: usage is difficult. The increasing prevalence of workplace drug testing has probably contributed to far more abstinence over, say, the past 10 years or so than mere illegality ever has. Repeal the illegality and ban non-safety related drug testing in the workplace, and you'd have a genuine choice.

And Quade makes a good point: when I'm out to dinner, do I choose between a stout or an IPA? A chianti or a pinot noir? Single malt, neat? A margarita on the beach? I'm not willing to give all that up for Panama Red.

For me alcohol, purely because it's legal - as weeds not,

In the 30's alcohol was illegal also. In my home country weed is illegal cause they couldn't make up their minds about it and ended up flipping a coin about it. The way I understood the poll was that if you'd have to choose which is illegal and which is not, what would you choose.

I also box (although I'm really bad at it - I use it mainly as a weight loss exercise - lost 60lbs don't cha know!) so smoking would TOTALLY kill that...

You don't have to smoke it, you can eat it or use a vaporizer. Personally I didn't vote as I don't care for either substance.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

And Quade makes a good point: when I'm out to dinner, do I choose between a stout or an IPA? A chianti or a pinot noir? Single malt, neat? A margarita on the beach? I'm not willing to give all that up for Panama Red.

Ya, it was a good point but there is plenty of variety for your Panama Red as well...you can smoke it, vaporize it, put in brownies, cupcakes or simmer it in oil or butter and use it for cooking a variety of special treats...try doing that with your margarita.

Ya, it was a good point but there is plenty of variety for your Panama Red as well...you can smoke it, vaporize it, put in brownies, cupcakes or simmer it in oil or butter and use it for cooking a variety of special treats...try doing that with your margarita.

But... you can't do any of that in the restaurant. :P
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

But... you can't do any of that in the restaurant. :P

Well, I've known some resturants around here that would allow us to bring our own cake for a birthday party...

They also make it in pill form.

I even heard of people experimenting with the idea of mixing thc with polypropylene glycol for use in electronic cigarettes.

I know PLENTY of bars that are in no way opposed to their customers stepping out back and sitting on the picnic table sitting under the tree to smoke a fatty.
:)

Nor would I care. Unless it's a smoky bar and I choose to step outside so I can BREATHE while drinking my umbrella drink.
:P

I could spend an entire lifetime attempting to drink one glass of every type of beer, wine and spirit, and still never finish.

Lightweight.:P
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.