skymama

Forget the NFL, who's excited about College Football?

Oh yeah, they do go overboard sometimes. :D

As for LSU and Alabama, I don't think it would have mattered much, as LSU would have beat Florida anyway, but Alabama did serve the Gators up gift-wrapped for LSU by taking out their top two QBs. ;)

QBs who have yet to face Alabama this season, beware! The game could be hazardous to your health. :ph34r:

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

But its really more about money at this point than quality so everyone else's guess is as good as mine.

Money is what leads me to believe SMU will be in the picture. Tulane brings their Association of American Universities membership because if Missouri leaves the Big 12 we'll be down to three AAU schools. Plus, Tulane expands the conference into Lousiana and brings an entire new recruiting base.

I don't know that BYU will want to give up their independent football status. It will also be a lot of travel for current conference teams. That being said, I'd rather it be BYU than Houston. All conference schools are already recruiting in the area and already have a sizeable share of the market down there. BYU will bring new territory for both.
--------------------------------------------------
Failure to prepare is preparing to fail

Not directed at anybody in particular, but check out this week's Sports Illustrated magazine. Good write-up about Alabama's Defense. Don't need to buy it, just pick it up, read, and put it back. :D

It says all that needs to be said, better than I can explain it. :)

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Thanks to Tyrann Mathieu, I now know what a Honey Badger is! B|

A honey badger is the most fearless animal on the planet. Pretty apt description that could be applied to Tyrann. He doesn't care how small he is, he's going after whoever has the ball. Outstanding young player.

When LSU comes to Alabama Nov. 5, you can bet Alabama will game-plan their offense away from him, or at least neutralize him. We'll see how that works out.

Suddenly a famous greeting expression comes to mind....
:P
:D:D:D

This WILL be a fun game!

Hell yes, it will be. Alabama's Power vs LSU's Speed. Bama's chomping at the bit. They'll be waiting... ;)

As for LSU and Alabama, I don't think it would have mattered much, as LSU would have beat Florida anyway, but Alabama did serve the Gators up gift-wrapped for LSU by taking out their top two QBs. ;)

QBs who have yet to face Alabama this season, beware! The game could be hazardous to your health. :ph34r:

You do realize that taking out Brantley was the only reason Alabama won that game. Forcing us to put in a red shirt Freshman QB who had no time on the field whatsoever....way to use the Nancy Kerrigan Beat down method Alabama!! :o:|

Your team was just down right vicious for that game!! B| As for LSU, I am sure we would have had our asses handed to with or without Brantley.

F LORIDA!

You do realize that taking out Brantley was the only reason Alabama won that game. Forcing us to put in a red shirt Freshman QB who had no time on the field whatsoever....way to use the Nancy Kerrigan Beat down method Alabama!! :o:|

Your team was just down right vicious for that game!! B| As for LSU, I am sure we would have had our asses handed to with or without Brantley.

I really do believe Alabama would have beaten Florida even if Brantley had played the whole game. They would have made the adjustments at halftime and rolled in the 2nd half. That's what they've been doing all season. Look what they did to Arkansas. Tyler Wilson threw for a lot of yards in the 1st half too. Not much after that.

It sucks when players get hurt and the team suffers as a result. That's part of the game. But hey, the Gators are not alone. It's Tennessee's turn for a one-two beatdown by LSU today and Alabama next Saturday. And they have to do it without Tyler Bray. B|

By the way, one of the Florida players answered when he was asked to compare Alabama and LSU: He thought Alabama was tougher and better. He should know, he played against both!

Another edit: Demps and Rainey's total rushing stats against Alabama: 4 yards each. Trent Richardson's total rushing stats against Florida: over 180 yards. ;)

Geez whiz, if the Gators actually had a dependable kick/punt returner, they could have beat a middling Auburn team! B|

Vanderbilt nearly shocked Georgia with a blocked punt with 15 seconds left and down 33-28. The Vandy player had nobody in front of him clear to the end zone and he stumbles. The Bulldogs clearly escaped with a win. Vanderbilt??? Come on.... :S

LSU dispatched Tennessee 38-7 despite not being sharp on offense. Probably a credit to the Vols having a fair defense.

Alabama put a woodshed whuppin on Ole Miss 52-7 with Trent Richardson leading the way with 183 yards and 4 TDs. 3rd string RB Jalston Fowler had 125 yards and 2 TDs and 5th string RB Blake Sims got all his 50+ yards on the final drive. Didn't need 2nd string RB Eddie Lacy much and that's good. He's not fully recovered from turf toe. I believe Alabama has the best damn 1-2-3 RB line-up in the nation. However, Ole Miss sucks on defense so wait and see...

Let's see how Bama does against Tennessee next week. Ditto for LSU and Auburn. ;)

Put a fork in the Longhorns. They are done, losing to Oklahoma State today 38-26.

If you see someone wearing a Texas A&M shirt, they probably went to Texas A&M.

If you see someone wearing a Texas shirt, they probably went to Wal-Mart.

:D

Griffin the WHO?

I don't think he's worthy of that nice little trophy anymore!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Put a fork in the Longhorns. They are done, losing to Oklahoma State today 38-26.

Griffin the WHO?

I don't think he's worthy of that nice little trophy anymore!

Nope! Besides, Baylor's defense is horrible. :P Lately the last several years the Heisman winner has come from a national title contender team. One exception was Tim Tebow. He won his by piling up ridiculous stats, and the Gators still lost 3 games, or was it 4 including the bowl game? That was sandwiched between their last two national titles.

You can cross South Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore's name off the list too. He's out for the season with a knee injury. B|

I have to admit, I own an A&M shirt. Grew up in Georgia and don't give two hoots about A&M, but it is a decent quality long sleeve shirt and it was on sale for $1.99 at Academy. Can always use another decent long sleeve shirt for the fall/winter trips down the beach. I would never wear it on a Saturday during football season though! :ph34r:
Killing threads since 2004.

I have to admit, I own an A&M shirt. Grew up in Georgia and don't give two hoots about A&M, but it is a decent quality long sleeve shirt and it was on sale for $1.99 at Academy. Can always use another decent long sleeve shirt for the fall/winter trips down the beach. I would never wear it on a Saturday during football season though! :ph34r:

Where it out of state much? Get people asking about it?;)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

BCS is out and not really surprising. Props to Clemson for representing the ACC. Boise is still up at #5, very interested to see how they do once Moore leaves.

Very interested in the LSU/Bama game and the OU/OSU game to see who wins.

As for my great Chokies, we are once again lurking the top 10. Woohoo for maintaining the status quo! Unfortunately, I don't get to go to any games this season :(.

BCS is out and not really surprising.

Nope, no surprises. Actually, I'm happy LSU is #1, even if by 3 thousandths of a point. I hope they're #1 when they come up to Tuscaloosa, so we can yank it from them. ;)

By the way, Alabama also started #2 in the first BCS rankings in 2009, behind Texas. ;)

Nope, no surprises. Actually, I'm happy LSU is #1, even if by 3 thousandths of a point. I hope they're #1 when they come up to Tuscaloosa, so we can yank it from them. ;)

By the way, Alabama also started #2 in the first BCS rankings in 2009, behind Texas. ;)

Yep. I gladly cheered on Bama and laughed when McCoy got taken out. Don't mind Bama, hate LSU. We play you guys again in two years, hopefully it isn't a repeat of 2 years ago B|

Yep. I gladly cheered on Bama and laughed when McCoy got taken out. Don't mind Bama, hate LSU. We play you guys again in two years, hopefully it isn't a repeat of 2 years ago B|

Frank Beamer is the epitome of consistency. He cranks out 10 wins a season, but is good for one or two clunkers too. I don't know what the hell happened with Clemson. That score shocked me. Even more so when I saw Maryland scored 45 on them in a loss. :S That's college football.

If Alabama keeps cranking out top recruiting classes (they're #4 now on Scout.com for 2012), don't hold your breath that VT will have any chance of beating the Tide, and I'm not trying to brag. You never know though. It's the first game of the season so both teams start out even. AJ McCarron will be a senior when he plays VT and he is playing very very well right now. Just have to see how the offense and defense looks experience-wise.

One thing that grates at me is that Alabama is getting caught off-guard early in some games with opponents getting quick TDs (Florida, Arkansas, Ole Miss), but at least they play lights out after that. Ole Miss didn't get a single yard of offense after their game-opening 67 yard TD drive until the 2nd half.

Alabama looks awesome on defense and offense, but their biggest weakness is special teams. I'm not impressed with our kickers or kick coverages. Needs a lot of work. LSU definitely has the advantage in that area, but not much else.

I hate the Mad Hatter. Fucker gambles and almost always wins. He wins even when LSU plays so bad they should have lost. >:( It'll feel so good when Alabama punches them in the mouth and runs them over. B|

They better.... :|

Whoa! Three of LSU's stars have just been suspended for this Saturday's game against Auburn, including RB Spencer Ware and DB Tyrann Mathieu. The 3rd one is another DB. All tested positive for synthetic marijuana, or whatever it was.

Story here as part of game preview report: http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/AuburnLSU-Preview-49396703

Hey, be happy they're missing the Auburn game, if it's just a one-game suspension. That remains to be seen.

Well, the big week is finally here! The first 8 games were merely the preseason, at least for Alabama and LSU. The latest "game of the century" is on the horizon now. #1 LSU visits #2 Alabama for the right to continue pursuing post-season glory, more specifically, SEC and National Championships. Some are saying this IS the national championship because nobody else is likely as good as these two teams are. And no, we do not need a rematch in the BCS title game should this game go down the wire. Though you never know. It hasn't happened yet.

One interesting fact I read this morning in the newspaper: Alabama head coach Nick Saban (Satan to LSU fans) has won 12 revenge games in a row. You know what this means. Whoever beat a Saban-coached team, got the hell beat out of them in the next meeting by a Saban-coached team. This streak goes all the way back to 2000 when he was at LSU.

It is going to be a slobberknocker. No other game matters this weekend. Roll Damn Tide!! :)

Well, the big week is finally here! The first 8 games were merely the preseason, at least for Alabama and LSU. The latest "game of the century" is on the horizon now. #1 LSU visits #2 Alabama for the right to continue pursuing post-season glory, more specifically, SEC and National Championships. Some are saying this IS the national championship because nobody else is likely as good as these two teams are. And no, we do not need a rematch in the BCS title game should this game go down the wire. Though you never know. It hasn't happened yet.

One interesting fact I read this morning in the newspaper: Alabama head coach Nick Saban (Satan to LSU fans) has won 12 revenge games in a row. You know what this means. Whoever beat a Saban-coached team, got the hell beat out of them in the next meeting by a Saban-coached team. This streak goes all the way back to 2000 when he was at LSU.

It is going to be a slobberknocker. No other game matters this weekend. Roll Damn Tide!! :)

Mo money will decide if there will be a rematch.:D