skymama

Forget the NFL, who's excited about College Football?

Bama beat Penn State :)

Right on! State's defense played tough but McCarron played with poise. Did you see that bullet he zipped through traffic for the TD? Wow...

And the Defense played great, other than Penn State's first and last drives.

Always room for improvement.... :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

We are Huge UCF fans....season ticket holders and alumni. We do a great tailgate party at every game. Look for UCF to be this year's BCS buster! GO KNIGHTS!

Were you guys the ones who beat Notre Dame? I can't remember if it was South Florida or Central Florida. :$
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I have a few relatives and a lot of friends who are UF alumni so, of course, I gotta go with the Lakeland Dreadnaughts, Chris Rainey, show his stuff. Also, I have family ties to UCF and USF so I'm also pulling for them. Too bad Lee Roy Selmon didn't get to see USF beat Notre Dame. He was instrumental in the startup football program there. He had a stroke on Friday; USF beat ND on Saturday; He died on Sunday. A great loss for the Tampa area. RIP Lee Roy :(:(

I am pretty sure Florida will do better on offense this year than they did last year, by a mile. Charlie Weis is an offensive genius, and the pro-style offense fits John Brantley's playing style much better. But I agree with you, I don't expect great things from them this year. Shame that John is a senior this year so he wont be around next year when they start to ramp it up back on the national scene. They could surprise us though.

Who knows? South Carolina has been abysmal on defense the first two games, a lot worse than I expected of them. They do have the play-makers they need on offense with Alshon Jeffery at WR and Marcus Lattimore at RB and Steven Garcia at QB, but they are not going to win week in and week out if their defense tanks it. They did surprise me in the GA game. Their Defensive End scored two TDs. Go figure!

You see what Alabama had two years ago - great game manager at QB who made few mistakes, Julio Jones at WR and two damned good RBs - Ingram and Richardson, AND a great defense.

Florida should have a good defense this year, and so far after two games, albeit against lackluster opponents, they're among the national leaders. I'm going to watch the Tennessee-Florida game and see how that goes. Tyler Bray, the Vols' QB, seems to have picked up his game, but of course, this is both teams' SEC opener so we'll see.

I would say it sucks big time right now to be a Miss State Bulldog. After getting stonewalled at the 1 inch line on the final play at Auburn against a lousy defense, they've got to turn around and play LSU 5 days after, on Thursday. LSU is supposed to have one of the top 3 or 5 defenses in the country.

I am pretty sure Florida will do better on offense this year than they did last year, by a mile.

I read that as "offenses" and thought "yeah, well I think I remember reading that a couple of their players have already been arrested so far this season...
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I am pretty sure Florida will do better on offense this year than they did last year, by a mile.

I read that as "offenses" and thought "yeah, well I think I remember reading that a couple of their players have already been arrested so far this season...

Hey now! If you guys want to play down here in the SEC don't come down here bad-mouthing the teams ...no matter how much they might deserve it!:D Looks like you'll fit right in!

Nope we are the Central Florida Knights (D-1 Conference USA)....we beat Boston College last weekend 30-3. Sellout crowd and super loud! Any UCF fans out there are welcome to stop by the tailgate party at MM 13 for some great chow and beverages!
Fear is the thief of dreams.....

Quite a few major games this Saturday:

#1 Oklahoma Sooners visits #5 Florida State Seminoles

Tennessee Vols visits #16 Florida Gators

#17 Ohio State Buckeyes visits Miami Hurricanes

The Sooners/Seminoles game should help narrow down the list of national title contenders if it ends in a blow-out, plus the Seminoles are out for revenge. It should be a good one.

The Vols/Gators game has not been as prominent on the national scene recently like they were under Philip Fulmer and Steve Spurrier, but we may well see a resurgence of the Vols/Gators rivalry. Watch this game and see.

Ohio State plays at Miami in what some people have dubbed the "Ineligible Bowl". :D:D:D I don't know what to expect here. It could be interesting, but who cares, other than the die-hard fans? :P

Another game of note is Auburn at Clemson. Some might remember Auburn sweating a missed field goal by Clemson in overtime at Auburn during last year's national title run, and some AU players called Clemson the most physical team they played then. I don't know how Auburn made it to 2 - 0 so far. They should by all rights, be 0 - 2 based on their performance, but they find ways to win. I do not believe they can keep winning, as inexperience and thinner ranks up and down their roster will expose them as the season wears on and they face tougher opponents, but this game should be a good one to watch.

Have fun!

Quite a few major games this Saturday:

#1 Oklahoma Sooners visits #5 Florida State Seminoles

Tennessee Vols visits #16 Florida Gators

#17 Ohio State Buckeyes visits Miami Hurricanes

The Sooners/Seminoles game should help narrow down the list of national title contenders if it ends in a blow-out, plus the Seminoles are out for revenge. It should be a good one.

The Vols/Gators game has not been as prominent on the national scene recently like they were under Philip Fulmer and Steve Spurrier, but we may well see a resurgence of the Vols/Gators rivalry. Watch this game and see.

Ohio State plays at Miami in what some people have dubbed the "Ineligible Bowl". :D:D:D I don't know what to expect here. It could be interesting, but who cares, other than the die-hard fans? :P

Another game of note is Auburn at Clemson. Some might remember Auburn sweating a missed field goal by Clemson in overtime at Auburn during last year's national title run, and some AU players called Clemson the most physical team they played then. I don't know how Auburn made it to 2 - 0 so far. They should by all rights, be 0 - 2 based on their performance, but they find ways to win. I do not believe they can keep winning, as inexperience and thinner ranks up and down their roster will expose them as the season wears on and they face tougher opponents, but this game should be a good one to watch.

Have fun!

It's all about college football in the South! ;)

Chuck

I was a little worried about my Tigers last night, but they pulled off a good win over Mississippi State. B|

Now that my son goes to FSU, I follow that team too. The game between the 'Noles and Oklahoma should be a good one on Sat. Nick told me that the student tickets sold out in 15 minutes! They never even sold out all the student tickets last year. The Student Body President even sent out a "remember to be civil" letter to the students. I think that is going to be one high energy stadium!

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Yeah, I watched the whole game. Amazed me that the Bulldogs kept LSU out of the end zone until early in the 4th quarter, but I really didn't think MSU had a chance. I knew they would tire out and they did. Just hung in there longer than I expected. They can keep the dang cowbells, they don't help them win games. 2-0 against Ole Miss, but 0-10 against the rest of the SEC West under Mullen. Tough time to be at MSU boy, aint it? :P

Edited to add: That LSU defense is super fast! You are NOT going to be able to run end sweeps or side passes behind the line of scrimmage on these guys.

HEY GATORS! HEY GATORS! WE JUST BEAT THE HELL OUT OF YOU!!!!

Yeah yeah a couple days late... Just had to say it. :P

After Gator offensive coordinator Charlie Weis said he was going to throw the kitchen sink at us, I just have to say this: We caught the kitchen sink and beat the hell out of you with it! Get well soon John Brantley. Be happy you don't have to play against LSU this Saturday. ;)

HEY GATORS! HEY GATORS! WE JUST BEAT THE HELL OUT OF YOU!!!!

Yeah yeah a couple days late... Just had to say it. :P

After Gator offensive coordinator Charlie Weis said he was going to throw the kitchen sink at us, I just have to say this: We caught the kitchen sink and beat the hell out of you with it! Get well soon John Brantley. Be happy you don't have to play against LSU this Saturday. ;)

Actually it didn't end as bad as I expected after the loss of Brantley. I thought it would be high scoring on both sides. I expected that the Gators might sort out their offense problems over half-time but the injury shut that hope down. Bama did a great job of neutralizing Rainey and Demps. I think the primary focus on them is really what allowed the early TD to happen. And what a way for freshman Driskel to get initiated ...Alabama and LSU, back-to-back! He did have that deer-in-the-headlights look when the camera zoomed into him when Brantley was laid out on the field.:)

Actually it didn't end as bad as I expected after the loss of Brantley. I thought it would be high scoring on both sides. I expected that the Gators might sort out their offense problems over half-time but the injury shut that hope down. Bama did a great job of neutralizing Rainey and Demps. I think the primary focus on them is really what allowed the early TD to happen. And what a way for freshman Driskel to get initiated ...Alabama and LSU, back-to-back! He did have that deer-in-the-headlights look when the camera zoomed into him when Brantley was laid out on the field.:)

I really believe Alabama's defense is as good as advertised. Florida did the right thing trying to catch Alabama off guard at the beginning of the game. Look what Arkansas did last year. However, Alabama's strength is being able to make adjustments and lock down on defense, plus they have the mindset that a game goes the full 60 minutes.

Trent Richardson is a beast, no doubt. One of the strongest players in the country, but he's not the only one. 2nd string RB Eddie Lacy is just as good and explosive. 3rd string Jalston Fowler is bigger than Trent and Lacy. It gets really demoralizing for the other teams when they find that they can't stop Lacy or Fowler late in the game after Trent has had his fun. Still I would hate to lose Trent, because those three are the only ones who are really good.

LB Courtney Upshaw is playing like an All-American. He is scary good. People thought Dont'a Hightower was the best LB on the team, but Upshaw is just as good, maybe better. Even the Florida coaches felt like there were no weaknesses in Alabama's defense. Arkansas has a better offense than Florida this year. I was amazed at how Tyler Wilson was able to zing his passes with precision knowing he was about to get creamed. They gave Alabama fits until the coaches made the adjustments and then after that, the hogs couldn't do anything.

However this season shakes down remains to be seen, but the keys to Alabama's success is adapting their offense and defense to take what the opposing team gives them. And it certainly helps to have the talent they have amassed over the last 4 years.

And no, I do not think Florida can beat LSU this Saturday. It wont even be close. I would like to see what the Gators say afterwards which one is better - LSU or Alabama. :D

That is going to be a monster of a game come November 5.