skymama

Forget the NFL, who's excited about College Football?

Who are you rooting for this year? How's your team looking?

I, as always, am rooting for my LSU Tigers (class of '87!). Right now, they're ranked #2 after giving Oregon a good whoopin' last week! B|

Although, I am disappointed in the players who were involved in the bar fight the first week of school. [:/]
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

It's great.

t.u. is trying to be more than they're worth with the big TV deal and trying to bully all the schools in the Big 12. That is the reason why the conference has started to dissolve. Baylor is pissed and threatening to sue if A&M tries to leave, since if A&M leaves, OU and OSU are leaving as well. That will leave Baylor to go to Conference USA and loose what little recruiting power they had.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I will answer the same way I answered the NFL thread. I am NOT looking forward to the 2011 NCAA season because the team I cheer for (Colorado Buffalos) suck and have sucked for a number of years now. I never attended school at CU, but I did live in Boulder for 4 years and did attend some games when they had a good team around 2000. NFL football is good, but I really liked the youthful enthusiasm of the college football stadium complete with the big band pageantry of the college bands. The games at Folsum Field were fun, but it's only a medium stadium compared to some others. I can only imagine what it must be like at one of the 100,000 seat stadiums like Michigan, Penn State Ohio State or Tennessee.

PS: the best football game I ever attended was a Monday Night game between Broncos and the Raiders at the original Mile High Football Stadium. It snowed that night and it was the night some of the Denver fans threw snow balls at the Raiders after the home team won. Trust me I did not throw any snow balls, but it was still a night to remember.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

As Always LSU,

Suck up....

Dude you have seen the way I dress, it HAS to be LSU:D:D or the Lakers:P

When i was last there, in the packing shed, 2 or your type (flat flyers:P) making snide comments about my colour choice, stating things like band wagon jumper etc.. (LSU won that year). I looked up and said, Old dudes, Im an aussie, i dont care about your poofy girls games, the colours are a coincidence:ph34r: They mumbled shit under thier breath as they walked off:ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

LSU, as you know.

Was never impressed much with Jefferson so I won't miss him. He should have been studing the playbook and showing some leadership.

Maybe Lee will mature now that he is starting full time and see what LSU have as backup quarterbacks.

SEC should not get any bigger. Bigger is not always better. Texas is not the Southeast anyway.

I hope the Tigers don't make me have to pull this out again.:)

Rooting for UVa as always, even though we are probably in for another "building" year. I love the enthusiasm of the college game. Last year I had season tickets (highlight: seeing one of my friends demo into the stadium as CavMan). This year I passed on season tickets but definitely going to make it to a couple of games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSE4nxa7WDI
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Texas is not the Southeast anyway.

If texas keeps acting like a self-entitled yuppy, they won't be in any conference anyways...

Now, Texas A&M...remember, LSU and Texas A&M have a LONG history of playing each other dating back to 1899!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Rooting for UVa as always, even though we are probably in for another "building" year. I love the enthusiasm of the college game. Last year I had season tickets (highlight: seeing one of my friends demo into the stadium as CavMan). This year I passed on season tickets but definitely going to make it to a couple of games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSE4nxa7WDI

That's too bad :|

Let's go Hokies! Another year of destroying the ACC coastal division!

I'm going with the Alabama Crimson Tide, as always!

The defense is flat out loaded 2 deep at virtually every position, with 3 All-Americans. The linebacker corps are going to be scary for opposing QBs and RBs, and the DBs have all-world talent AND experience. It's going to be tough to score on the Tide this season.

The question of course is on the offense with new QBs (yes, plural). Once they settle on a 5 man line, and hopefully, pick one QB and stick with him, they should start humming and cranking out yards. QBs McCarron (redshirt sophomore) and Sims (reshirt freshman) are almost identical in size and ability, but McCarron has more game experience which showed in last Saturday's game.

I'm excited to see what Duron Carter #8 at wide receiver can do for the team. He is tall, strong and physical with great hands, just as Julio Jones was the last 3 years. His father is former NFL great Cris Carter. Look for him to make his first appearance this Saturday at Penn State. After that game, it gets better with senior Darius Hanks returning to complement leading receiver Marquise Maze.

Alabama is loaded 3-deep at running back with guys who could start almost anywhere. #3 Trent Richardson, who backed up Heisman trophy winner Mark Ingram the last 2 years, is the main back this year, backed up by Eddie Lacy and Jalston Fowler. Trent is pound for pound, the strongest player on the team. He is a flat out freak, especially in the weight room. The coaches have to stop him from going over a specified weight in the bench press. I don't know what the cut-off is, but its somewhere above 350 lbs. Eddie and Jalston are bigger than Trent and are real bruisers, but can really put the moves on. I have been very impressed with them.

As long as the offensive line does their job, the OC mixes up the play-calling, the QBs audibles when needed, it is going to be difficult to stop the Tide. The main concern I have is turn-overs, which tend to happen with relatively inexperienced QBs, and they threw 4 interceptions last Saturday, including one that led to a 3 yard TD pass 2 plays later by the opposing team.

As loaded as Alabama has been on talent with 4 straight top 5 recruiting classes, I was surprised to see several true freshmen make an impact on the field at the game last Saturday. Trey Depriest at LB made some eye-popping hits, undersized LB Vinnie Sunseri played very well, as did Hasean Clinton-Dix at DB and Cyrus Kouandjio at left tackle on offense. They all could be starters almost anywhere else.

So, look for Alabama to be able to substitute freely two-deep without much, if any, drop-off in talent and ability. However, LB Dont'a Hightower and DB Mark Barron are the vocal leaders of the vaunted defense and the ones who call out the defensive plays and gets the team on the same page. I would hate to see either of them miss much game action.

Rankings mean little at this point in the season so LSU, you can have #2 now. ;) Hope you stay ranked ahead of us, we'll be waiting at Bryant-Denny stadium for you boys along with 101,821 Tide fans on the first Saturday in November. B| And yes, I do believe LSU is every bit as good as Alabama on both sides of the ball. They may well have the edge over Alabama at QB since Lee is a senior. However, its Alabama's home game.

Not only do you have Alabama and LSU vying for SEC and national supremacy, but also Arkansas and Mississippi State, yes, Miss State. There are not going to be any easy games among the SEC West competitors, with the exception of maybe Ole Miss. On the East side, it's a bit more muddled as I don't know exactly what to expect with GA, SC and FL. GA dropped a dud in the Georgia Dome to Boise State, SC allowed ECU (a Conference USA team!) to score 37 points, and FL has a new coaching staff and playing style.

This is going to be a fun and interesting season to watch, however it turns out.

Rammer Jammer Yellowhammer Give 'Em Hell Alabama!

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

LSU, as you know.

Well, I didn't know and never would have guessed. What with your your username and your canopy colors, I would have guessed......um.....
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

LSU, as you know.

Well, I didn't know and never would have guessed. What with your your username and your canopy colors, I would have guessed......um.....

:D:ph34r:
I picked my rig and canopy colors for eyeball awareness. My username is just the e-mail name I had and reflects the state were I live. I do pull for the Gators but not when they a playing the Tigers.

I'm going with the Alabama Crimson Tide, as always

+10+987256456

I'm not just saying this because I'm a die hard Bama (see my avatar ;) ) fan, but all in all, Bama has the best defense and a stellar offense on par with other stacked teams this year.

This is going to be a great season.

Billy, are you going to the Iron Bowl this year? I'm gonna try my best to get good seats and make it to the game.

I do pull for the Gators but not when they a playing the Tigers.

I never pull for the Gators, I always hope they get beat! :ph34r: Now that my son goes to FSU, I have to root for them for my FL team anyway. They're looking real good this year too.
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Is he playing soccer for the Seminoles ?

He finds out today if he made the final cut!

Edit: FSU Men's soccer isn't part of the ACC though, the program got cut thanks to Title IX. So, there's no scholarship opportunities. :( They play other universities that also cut their men's soccer programs and it's part of a Club league.

Edit again: I just checked the website. He made it!! B|B|B|

I'm going with the Alabama Crimson Tide, as always

+10+987256456

I'm not just saying this because I'm a die hard Bama (see my avatar ;) ) fan, but all in all, Bama has the best defense and a stellar offense on par with other stacked teams this year.

This is going to be a great season.

Billy, are you going to the Iron Bowl this year? I'm gonna try my best to get good seats and make it to the game.

Damn I would LOVE to go to the Iron Bowl, but I likely would not be able to afford or be willing to fork over a few hundred bucks for a ticket. [:/] Hopefully Auburn will have a crappy year, say 5 - 6 going into the game, so tickets will be cheaper. ;)

I did go to the Kent State game last Saturday though, and will be volunteering at the Tennessee game in Tuscaloosa delivering Papa Johns pizzas to pizza outlets inside the stadium, so when the pizzas run out, usually by half-time, I get to watch the rest of the game, free. B|

Most games, the fans are respectful to the other teams, but not Tennessee. We LOVE to stick it to them. I will be screaming "HEY VOLS! HEY VOLS! WE JUST BEAT THE HELL OUT OF YOU!!!" with 101,800+ friends by game's end. :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban