Deisel

Tim Tebow Hater's Club

and arguably the best college football player ever.

Yeah, I could see why you would get some argument with that statement.:)

Don

I wouldn't say best college football player ever. I would say most decorated. He was one hell of a team leader too.

And I did enjoy watching Alabama beat the hell out of him and his Gators in the 2009 SEC championship game. B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Yet another come back victory (Denver 13 - Chicago 10 in OT) to add more fuel to the Tebow Haters Club. John Elway better watch out as Tim is catching up with the come back victories. Of course Elway was usually good for all 4 quarters he played. Someone needs to make Tebow think the 1st, 2nd and 3rd quarters are all 4th quarters. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Its insane what is happening.

I'm not sure how the Broncos do this every week. A couple times could be a fluke, but this is officially insane.

Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos are must see TV.
Losers make excuses, Winners make it happen
God is Good
Beer is Great
Swoopers are crazy.

I'm not sure how the Broncos do this every week. A couple times could be a fluke, but this is officially insane.

Yeah, they're like NASCAR races, you don't watch until the last 15 minutes. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I am just sick of trying to watch a football game and hearing all this God/religion bullshit in the conversation.

I doubt his skill will improve.

He's only in his 2nd pro year, so as long as he stays healthy, it's logical that his skill will improve with experience.

All the running talent in the world will not make you a superbowl QB.

I think you under-estimate the value of a true double-threat QB. Tarkenton's already been mentioned up-thread, so I'll cite Randall Cunningham as a great example of this.

Anyhow (re: general thread topic), people who bitch about pro sports figures publicly hot-dogging in one way or another miss the point: it's entertainment, which means publicity is the coin of the realm. Having a personal-brand gimmick is just good business. Those of us old enough to remember, for example, Joe Namath at the pinnacle of his pop culture popularity understand this.

Those of us old enough to remember, for example, Joe Namath at the pinnacle of his pop culture popularity understand this.

Ahhhhh...Broadway Joe. My God I love that guy. He was a hero!
My All-time favorite QBs:
1. Broadway Joe
2. Fran Tarkenton
3. Joe Theismann
4. (tie) Slingin' Sammy Baugh, Sonny Jorgensen
5. Dan Marino
6. Johnny Unitas
7. Joe Montana
8. Norm Van Brocklin
9. Otto Graham
10. Ken Stabler

...not necessarily in that order.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Those of us old enough to remember, for example, Joe Namath at the pinnacle of his pop culture popularity understand this.

1. Broadway Joe
2. Fran Tarkenton
3. Joe Theismann
5. Dan Marino
6. Johnny Unitas
7. Joe Montana
8. Norm Van Brocklin
9. Otto Graham
10. Ken Stabler

What!? ..no Terry Bradshaw!? ...no Roger Staubach!? ...no Spaghetti Joe Spagnola!?

1. Broadway Joe
2. Fran Tarkenton
3. Joe Theismann
5. Dan Marino
6. Johnny Unitas
7. Joe Montana
8. Norm Van Brocklin
9. Otto Graham
10. Ken Stabler

What!? ..no Terry Bradshaw!? ...no Roger Staubach!? ...no Spaghetti Joe Spagnola!

Or Bob Griese.

Football, like rock 'n roll, achieved perfection in the 1970's.

I doubt his skill will improve.

He's only in his 2nd pro year, so as long as he stays healthy, it's logical that his skill will improve with experience.

All the running talent in the world will not make you a superbowl QB.

I think you under-estimate the value of a true double-threat QB. Tarkenton's already been mentioned up-thread, so I'll cite Randall Cunningham as a great example of this.

Anyhow (re: general thread topic), people who bitch about pro sports figures publicly hot-dogging in one way or another miss the point: it's entertainment, which means publicity is the coin of the realm. Having a personal-brand gimmick is just good business. Those of us old enough to remember, for example, Joe Namath at the pinnacle of his pop culture popularity understand this.

Randall Cunningham is a great example. He never really became an effective quarterback until he learned how to sit in the pocket. The difference between him and Tebow is Cunningham had an arm.
I gotta admit this is getting harder every week. I don't care if they lost, he looked good yesterday. His escape act in the end zone was brilliant. He is going to get hurt eventually though. There is a reason QBs are not encouraged to go in head first.

There is a reason QBs are not encouraged to go in head first.

That's the thing though.......you can't call him a QB. He's more like an Earl Campbell or Don MacCauley with a little bit of an arm. Or a Big Ben with actual muscles. :)
If he's ever injured, I'll bet it's an ankle or a knee from getting rolled up on in the pocket......I don't see an OLB or DE coming free around the corner and blindsiding him into next week. He would have fit perfectly into the old leather-helmet NFL.

I'm not a fan, and i hate the constant hype about the guy, but he is one tough SOB. And if he ever develops into even an 'average' NFL passer, the rest of the league's gonna be hurtin'.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

Must see television this weekend. I've let the beautiful wife know I'll be unavailable on New Year's Day.

First - there's a matter of Orton and the Chiefs v. Tebow and the Broncos. We know Orton has something to play for. And the past couple of weeks, Tebow’s play has been more of a factor than his will. The Chiefs are nothing to laugh at. Look what they did with Green Bay and they kept it really close with Pittsburgh.

This is important because if the Raiders win and the Broncos lose, the Raiders are division winners. I’ll be glued to the Raiders game, but with a steady eye on the Broncos-Chiefs.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Gotta love Big Ben Roethlisberger pointing tho the almighty during the game. 'cause we all know he's living the good life just like Tim. :P

God smiled on the Broncos in OT, though.
:D:D

God smiled on the Broncos in OT, though.

When you blitz you better be sure you are going to get to the QB before the QB finds the one guy who is open in man-to-man coverage. Tebow is not exactly the most accurate passer (I still say he should have played Rugby instead of Football). But Tebow's accuracy was good enough when he needed it to be good and the Broncos scored on their first play from scrimmage in OT.

The refs missed a couple of calls in this game. First off that was a backwards pass ,not an incomplete pass in the 3rd quarter. But how convenient for the line judge to not only flub the call but to then blow his whistle immediately making the instant replay irrelevant. That is a rule that has to change. Secondly how could the refs not see the face mask penalty when a Steelers player grabbed Tebow's mask late in the 4th quarter? I sure hope this crew is done for the season. If it wasn't for the big fella upstairs liking Tebow more than Big Ben, the reffing crew almost was the influencing factor in this game.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I'm now officially running for president. And the fact that he's such a nice guy just pisses me off that much more >:(

I dont like him because he is a fucking Gator.

Waaaaa Waaaaaa Waaaaaa