Deisel

Tim Tebow Hater's Club

So lets say that TT cant make it as a QB in this league...sure some of his passes look like a flying turd, but what if they used his skillset for say...a wide receiver...I would say RB, but he seems a bit too tall and lanky for that position.

I'm not buying all the talking heads' arguments that TT is a bad passing QB. He did well enough at UF and his NFL stats are not too bad for a new guy. I'd like to see them keep the read-option stuff in the playbook and gradually work the more conventional offensive plays in with them. Tebow does the spread offense because he physically can do it effectively. Now, can you imagine an option offense with TT flanked with big speedy backs like Ingram and Richardson?

Tim Tebow is the reason Waldo is hiding!

LSU Tigers/NO Saints. So you should understand my vendetta against Tebow!:D He came back from a concussion and beat my Tigers with that bullshit jump ball pass, over the middle, on the goal line - WTF - who does that!?!? Ok - we've talked about this - breathe - cool - I'm back. And BTW - I was at the Bucs/Saints game in Tampa... not a good day but it was football! Got to love this game :ph34r:

The brave may not live forever, but the timid never live at all.

Why on earth would you blitz on the 20

Previous games earned Tebow a reputation as not being able to handle pressure. It was a logical defensive call, but the defenses haven't been able to respond to Denver's changing tactic to the running game. In a few more weeks, they'll figure out a better defense.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

His spirit is what makes him so loveable, his skill is something that will improve.

I doubt his skill will improve. He has an amazing ability to conduct the game, that je ne sais quoi that some QBs have and others never aquire. Montana had it, so did Flutie. The difference was Flutie was too short to stand in the pocket. Cullpepper never did despite his skills. Tebow's problem is he hasn't got the arm to stand in the pocket. Come to think of it it isn't much better on the roll out. All the running talent in the world will not make you a superbowl QB. Sure he can win when his defense won't let the other team score, but a 44% passing record just isn't going to cut it in the long run.

LSU Tigers/NO Saints. So you should understand my vendetta against Tebow!:D He came back from a concussion and beat my Tigers with that bullshit jump ball pass, over the middle, on the goal line - WTF - who does that!?!?

Jordan Jefferson did it in the Florida game this year. Same damn jump ball pass. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

His spirit is what makes him so loveable, his skill is something that will improve.

I doubt his skill will improve. He has an amazing ability to conduct the game, that je ne sais quoi that some QBs have and others never aquire. Montana had it, so did Flutie. The difference was Flutie was too short to stand in the pocket. Cullpepper never did despite his skills. Tebow's problem is he hasn't got the arm to stand in the pocket. Come to think of it it isn't much better on the roll out. All the running talent in the world will not make you a superbowl QB. Sure he can win when his defense won't let the other team score, but a 44% passing record just isn't going to cut it in the long run.

How much playing time does he have? It's hard to recall any QB stepping in and going super-bowl perfect from the get-go.

I still remember how they blasted Terry Bradshaw back in the day...too slow...too stupid...too everything negative.

Tim will be alright given the opportunity to develop and adjust to the NFL....just like any other QB. He's always been a winner and I expect that to continue.

The Bucs, besides being cheap bastards, didn't think Steve Young had what it takes....you know the rest of the story.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

He loves the game just for the sake of the game and his enthusiasm lifts the whole team ...and the fans. But more importantly when things are going great and the team does well he is first to give credit to everyone else while minimizing his own contributions in an "aw shucks" kinda way. When things go bad he takes full responsibility and will not disparage another player, coach, or decision. One thing he is not is a whiner (crier maybe, but not a whiner.)

LSU Tigers/NO Saints. So you should understand my vendetta against Tebow!:D He came back from a concussion and beat my Tigers with that bullshit jump ball pass, over the middle, on the goal line - WTF - who does that!?!?

Jordan Jefferson did it in the Florida game this year. Same damn jump ball pass. :D

LSU has been waiting to use that play only for Gator payback!>:(

:D

Baby Jesus as he is affectionately referred to in the Gainesville area is full of shit.

Aside from the fact that the commentators say things like "this is tebow ball" and "its something magical when hes playing tball" Sometimes its difficult to even understand these commentators they have Tebows genitals so deep down their throats.

More annoying is the credit he received AND accepted while at Gainesville. Tebow started behind Phil Trautwein AND the Pouncey twins all three started as rookies in the NFL. One of the Pounceys started for the Steelers who went to the Superbowl. Think about that, he dominated in one of the more dominate defenses in the NFL. Of course Tebow succeeded! Without that OL at FL Tebow would not have walked on water the way he did. So when these reporters would talk to him about "his" accomplishments he would duck his head and say "aw shucks", but never stop them and say actually I owe it ALL to my line.

D Bag!! I have NO respect, its his RESPONSIBILITY to speak up and give credit where credit is due.

Tebow will have limited success, he is talented and has a skillset, limited as it may be, but eventually he will be exposed and will disappear the same way Dante Culpepper did and Mike Vick is.

AND me thinks Baby Jesus is hiding something dark in the closet, its just not normal, he overacts this religious thing. Notice during the thur night game after he scores the TD, he is "Tebowing" on the sideline and his teamates come to pat him on the back and he starts to open his eyes and look up and realises the cameras are still on him and he closes his eyes again and goes back to mouthing some words and contorting his face as if he is invoking the spirit right there on the sidelines. Ridiculous!

Somethings up, Thou doth protest too much!

Aside from the fact that the commentators say things like "this is tebow ball" and "its something magical when hes playing tball" Sometimes its difficult to even understand these commentators they have Tebows genitals so deep down their throats.

It is their job to play up a story that gets viewers. Whether or not they really do have some sort of crush on the guy is irrelevant as long as they get results.

More annoying is the credit he received AND accepted while at Gainesville. Tebow started behind Phil Trautwein AND the Pouncey twins all three started as rookies in the NFL. One of the Pounceys started for the Steelers who went to the Superbowl. Think about that, he dominated in one of the more dominate defenses in the NFL. Of course Tebow succeeded! Without that OL at FL Tebow would not have walked on water the way he did. So when these reporters would talk to him about "his" accomplishments he would duck his head and say "aw shucks", but never stop them and say actually I owe it ALL to my line.

D Bag!! I have NO respect, its his RESPONSIBILITY to speak up and give credit where credit is due.

I have yet to see an interview where he does not give credit to the rest of the team. Maybe you could point to a link where he hogs all the glory and excludes the the other guys. (Not an indignant challenge ...I just would like to see an example). BTW- he does deserve some of the credit he gets. The Pounceys (Go Dreadnaughts!!) and TT were part of a great team where all cylinders were hitting. How many of the great QBs did not have an awesome OL that contributed to their stardom. So far responses from Broncos teammates are positive. ...just as they were from Gators teammates.

Tebow will have limited success, he is talented and has a skillset, limited as it may be, but eventually he will be exposed and will disappear the same way Dante Culpepper did and Mike Vick is.

You may or may not be correct here. We shall see. The problem for Tebow is that all this expected greatness that has been perpetrated by the media may evolve into being unreasonably demanded from him. Meanwhile he plays football and really tries to meet those expectations (demands). And he faults himself when things do go bad. You could be right that there could be a collapse when he is not able to meet increasingly unattainable expectations. Maybe a bit unfair.

Baby Jesus as he is affectionately referred to in the Gainesville area is full of shit..........
.......AND me thinks Baby Jesus is hiding something dark in the closet, its just not normal, he overacts this religious thing. ....... Ridiculous!

Somethings up, Thou doth protest too much!

I think this is the true hope of many of his detractors in light of his open religiousity. He may or may not have skeletons in his closet. I really don't care as long as it's not something nefarious or sandusky-esque and he keeps inspiring good football players to play with greatness. If some dispicable deep dark secret truthfully turns up I'll be first to condemn. I really hope I'm not disappointed. You can bet there are folks actively dedicated to such a discovery.

:D That was almost a SC response, ;)

Listen I really don't care, I typically don't post in forums I just saw a thread that related to exactly what me and all of my friends were saying via text while watching Thur night football, so no I won't be finding any links and such.

I dont HOPE anything for the guy, hes just a player with some sorta fantasy value to me, heck I tried to pick him up on waivers for one of my fantasy teams. As far as I'm concerned he's a race horse and if he"s on my team I expect/hope hell perform. I just get tired, quickly, of the overacting by him, the over-hyping by the commentators, and the overt love and idolization the masses put on someone THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW.

And contrary to what you say I don't think there was/is an expectation for him to do well I think prognosticators all said he wouldn't even get drafted much less start or win...

Its all just a bit much for me, stop with all the theatrics and just play ball.

Also, what did you mean about the commentators, as long as they get results?? What results are they getting? Most commentators are hired as a favor or because they won a couple of championships. Most, not all, but most aren't particularly insightful or knowledgeable they're just there running their mouths giving their opinions. I don't think they have a crush on him they just want to be the one to say "I knew he was great" and "remember when I said hes something special..."

It's all good.

:D That was almost a SC response, ;)

Listen I really don't care, I typically don't post in forums I just saw a thread that related to exactly what me and all of my friends were saying via text while watching Thur night football, so no I won't be finding any links and such.

I dont HOPE anything for the guy, hes just a player with some sorta fantasy value to me, heck I tried to pick him up on waivers for one of my fantasy teams. As far as I'm concerned he's a race horse and if he"s on my team I expect/hope hell perform. I just get tired, quickly, of the overacting by him, the over-hyping by the commentators, and the overt love and idolization the masses put on someone THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW.

And contrary to what you say I don't think there was/is an expectation for him to do well I think prognosticators all said he wouldn't even get drafted much less start or win...

Its all just a bit much for me, stop with all the theatrics and just play ball.

Also, what did you mean about the commentators, as long as they get results?? What results are they getting? Most commentators are hired as a favor or because they won a couple of championships. Most, not all, but most aren't particularly insightful or knowledgeable they're just there running their mouths giving their opinions. I don't think they have a crush on him they just want to be the one to say "I knew he was great" and "remember when I said hes something special..."

It's all good.

I think the desired "results" are viewership. Sensationalism, pro or con, sells.
As far as the "expectations" I was referring to ...I think they are perpetrated by commentators who are his detractors, not his supporters. It's like they are waiting and hoping for a fail so they can be the ones to say "I knew he was a bum! I told you! His passing motion sucks! I knew he was a flash in the pan!" Even though Tebow himself says all the hype, good or bad doesn't affect him, how can it not?

As far as his faith goes, maybe he sees all the national attention as a way to "witness" to folks without having to knock on doors handing out Jesus flyers. It is the network cameramen who are shoving the camera into his face, not him. Must be newsworthy or they wouldn't do it. Why would someone let that bother them? They could use the time to go refill the cheetos bowl if they really don't want to see it.

Expectations, I get what you're saying.

But I do think he plays to the cameras, if not then he would be doing that kneel extended prayer thing constantly, in practice, at press conferences, at the bank. I guess I could say if he wasn't doing it they wouldn't be shoving the cameras in his face... I find it obnoxious, not the kneeling thing specifically but the playing to the cameras, btw in professional sports he's not alone.

I get that the religious sort feel like he's their boy, being persecuted and they want to come to his defense but from the purely football standpoint I could do without all of the melodramatic theatrics.

Speaking of football, its on!

Good day.

Also, you sound like my brother, definite Tebow man crush, he lives in Z-hills, must be in the water.

Speaking of football, its on!

Hey! Tampa Bay's not looking too bad! If they lose this one it'll only be because of a couple of boneheaded mistakes.

Good day.

Also, you sound like my brother, definite Tebow man crush, he lives in Z-hills, must be in the water.

Well, I'm more Gator fan. The Tebow fan in me derives from that. A lot of guys from my high school (the "Gatornaughts") played with TT through the UF Championship seasons. Chris Rainey, Ahmad Black, the Pouncey twins, et. al. were also part of the Lakeland Dreadnaughts 2 National High School Championships. They take high school football (way too) seriously here.

but from the purely football standpoint I could do without all of the melodramatic theatrics.

I can agree with this when you apply it across the board to ALL the showboat bozos in the league. I just don't see Tebow as one of them...I haven't seen it in the NFL as yet and I never saw it at Florida.

As far as the hype, hell it's no different than many, many college kids coming up....you can't count the number of players that get pressured with the media BS.

As far as the Florida OL, hell yes. How very few QBs running backs or anyone else can put up good years and numbers with a sieve in front of them? OJ did it, Gayle Sayers did it, and Earl Campbell did it as RBs. But hell, even Stave Young couldn't do it at Tampa Bay as a QB. Fran Tarkenton did it as a QB but holy bejeezus he HAD to do it or get killed by DLs.

And to me, it's a very low blow and cheap shot bringing anybody's religions beliefs into the picture. Totally uncalled for in any respect.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I caught the 4th quarter + OT of yesterday's Broncos/Chargers game and as a Broncos fan I am happy that Tebow was able to bring the team back to tie the game late in the 4th quarter and send it into OT. And then equally happy to see Tebow help the team win the game. But the guy is one dimensional, at least at this stage of his career. If he does not become a better passer I really don't see him staying in the league for the long haul.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

But the guy is one dimensional, at least at this stage of his career. l.

I think Tebow/Broncos have put the league on notice with the Vikings win...Tebow can throw. His receivers had several drops and he still completed 10 of 15. For all the stats folks out there (not necessarily in this thread) 20% of his completions were touchdowns.

I'm not sure that I'd want to play the broncos in the first round of the playoffs. Before this year, all you hear from the commentators is that a running game and a defense is needed to win championships. Now, i'm not saying denver is going to win the superbowl, but what is Denver really good at right now? 150+ yards a game on the ground and a ridiculous defense. Throw in some efficient and timely throws from Tebow (who doesn't turn the ball over) and they could do some damage in the playoffs.

Oh wait, where is the Tebow Fan Club thread....:P

Edited to Add: 6-1 as a starter this year. not bad for a 2-time National Champ, Heisman trophy winner, and arguably the best college football player ever. I would not bet against the kid, ever.
Losers make excuses, Winners make it happen
God is Good
Beer is Great
Swoopers are crazy.

I gotta admit Tebow looked better last week. He had some real yardage. If I was on the Denver D I would be pissed about all the press Tebow is getting. They are having a great year. It is important to remember that during the first 50 minutes of the games when Tebow is three and outing, it is the defense that is manning up.
As far as going on about his Heisman, don't ever forget that he follows in the footsteps of the great Danny Wuerffel.:S