wildcard451

Trying to buy a house...

There is a special circle in hell reserved for underwriters. Have you gotten to underwriting yet?

Not, but I honestly don't see that as a problem. The property is immaculate, we've already poured over it as thoroughly as a home inspector, and my finances are in order and ready to go.

I just want this house already, and not all of the headaches of bidding, looking, etc.

I'm just whining, that's all.

Look into squatting laws. Its a shrot amount of time but after you spend XXX time it will be yours for free.:S

Exactly! Occupy Whatever is in vogue these days.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I just want this house already, and not all of the headaches of bidding, looking, etc.

I'm just whining, that's all.

Yeah, well, listen to the voice of experience here...

If you really, and I mean really, want to get headaches, have one built and go watch the progress on a daily basis.

If you do that, please, for the sake of all your loved ones, hide the guns and all sharp objects.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

remember my first house purchase was a eye opener :)

but it went back down as they tried to get stability back in the market :D:D

At the end of the trail and my Mortgage is just about done got a year to go then that's me i am out and done B|

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

Yep, not much is worse than boxing up your entire house 2 weeks before closing only to find the house fails every inspection you throw at it and the bank refuses to address issues like electric code violations, mold and water damage on a brand new home... I was to be closing tomorrow but instead I am now unboxing everything again. [:/]

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Don't do it! Just sleep on random couches!

LMAO! I first read that as "Just sleep on condom couches." My first thought being, "That can't be sanitary.":D
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Yep, not much is worse than boxing up your entire house 2 weeks before closing only to find the house fails every inspection you throw at it and the bank refuses to address issues like electric code violations, mold and water damage on a brand new home... I was to be closing tomorrow but instead I am now unboxing everything again. [:/]

Yeah dude, major suck. I just want this offer to process. We started by making an offer to the relocation company and they have been dragging their feet, so the seller got pissed and pulled out with them now re-submitting offers directly to the seller today. Hopefully know something by tomorrow...

I'm about to become a home-owner again in 8 days... When buying a home, you have to expect that everything that can go wrong WILL go wrong... Then when shit hppens it's somehow less stressful 'cause anyway it's SUPPOSED to go tits up... And if anything goes well, then it's a pleasant surprise!!! :)

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

True. Very true.

Don't worry, the madness doesn't end when you close. Plenty of other craziness getting seemingly simple things sorted. I finally have a working washer and dryer four months after closing - two sets of machines, one DIY appliance repair, one professional appliance repairman, two electricians and somewhere north of 100 jumps worth of $$ later (I had to stop counting after that).

>Yep, not much is worse than boxing up your entire house 2 weeks before
>closing only to find the house fails every inspection you throw at it and the
>bank refuses to address issues like electric code violations, mold and
>water damage on a brand new home...

That's not at all uncommon. Plumbing fixtures sometimes have an "infant mortality" phase where the first application of pressure causes failure within a few minutes or hours. (Which is why I always leave my plumbing fixes open for a few days to watch for leaks.) When building homes quickly often pressure is applied, a very quick check is done, then the house is closed up and ignored for a while. During that time even a slow leak can result in water damage, mold, electrical and other plumbing problems due to corrosion etc. PEX plumbing is especially prone to this.

The above is one reason that many banks will not insure vacant houses. That sort of thing happens far too often, and when no one is there to notice, things can get expensive very quickly.

"Yeah, well, listen to the voice of experience here...

If you really, and I mean really, want to get headaches, have one built and go watch the progress on a daily basis.

If you do that, please, for the sake of all your loved ones, hide the guns and all sharp objects."

Pops i've built two. Guess the first wasn't painful enough. I have told myself that before I ever try another I will put my scrotum in a vise and start closing it til sanity prevails!

Good luck with the house buying Wildcard. After it's over all the headaches, err hmmm I mean Joys of home ownwership start and you will forget all this piddly buying stuff. When I told my Dad after I bought my first house he just shook his head, started laughing and walked away. (True story)

We spent the past several days in L.A. looking for a house...up in 1000 oaks there is an 'investment' firm that bought 75-100 'distressed' sale homes, mostly foreclosures I'm imagining.

Open house on sat & sun were quite interesting, we went to at least a dozen eah day, all were in the 400-500,000 range. ALL WERE JUNK! :S

The investment firm had some 'remodel' company come in and prep the homes...ALL were the same shitty tan interior with cheap white gloss on the moldings. Carpet from kmart was the standard, each room of each house in 'off white'.

The houses were all built in the 60's & 70...looked like none had any maintenance to speak of since new.

One agent told me that the roof on one house was 2 years old...interesting, it's composite over shake, that's been against code for over 20 years there, The floor wasn't level which I showed him (yes I carry a level when shopping) the drainage was running back into the house which what was causing the floor to sag, the bathroom most likely had mold because it was obviously painted with Kilz as an undercoat causing the tan overcoat not to adhere, the fuse box had aluminum pigtailed to copper, and there was a tree growing through the wall of the garage...instead in cutting it down and repairing the damage...THEY PAINTED IT. :ph34r:

I would really be interested to know how the sales of these properties go...the kicker is, on several of them 'financing is available' through guess who...the investment firm! :S

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~