skymama

We bought a travel trailer!

It is still a rough draft. You should come by the shop so we can tweak the design. :)

edited to add: Congrats on the RV. At least you don't have to crank the roof up when you get to your destination.

You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Make sure you have a good welcome mat outside. You can end up dragging a lot of dirt and sand going in and out. Deb has some small runner rugs we keep on the floor. they are easy to pull up and shake out. I know you hate to be untidy :)

You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Towing capacity of the LT is 8900 lbs, the trailer weighs 6280, so you're ok there. If the truck doesn't have oil/tranny coolers, put them on - still, recommend running with dry tanks and filling up the water when you get to your destination.

Get a class IV hitch and a good weight equalizing hitch to match - recommend *against* friction sway control, go with a cam system.

Do a good hitch setup and keep the speed down - the trailer tires are probably only rated to 55mph. Stop every couple hours and check for hot spots on the tires.

Get a *HEAVY* duty extension cord for hooking up to power, and get a power saver that will tell you if the camp power is ok. Also, get an upgraded sewer dump hose - the ones that come with are usually pretty flimsy.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Thanks for all the hints, these are awesome! B|

We're hoping to try it out in Sebastian this weekend. In the very least, we can use the queen mattress that's in our spare bedroom in the camper.

A memory foam topper makes a good mattress.... angelbeds has them.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Congrats!

Make sure you have GOOD window coverings - there's nothing worse than waking up to the sun at 6am when you didn't want to!

Get a couple of the attached for your closets - gives you lots of room for clothes, linens, etc. I have one like this with drawers (from Ikea) in it that keeps everything tidy and dust free!

Solar lights are handy and pretty up the yard! B|B|

A tarp outside the door underneath your welcome mat will help keep the dirt down.

Enjoy your new traveling home! :)

'Shell

You knew exactly what you were doing ...;) when you got that Truck !!!...
good for you...

any plans to park it at a dz? soas to save towing it any more often than necessary???
i bet you're WELCOME at many dropzones. And it would be great to have a place ONSite , at any one of them...

Wow..."skydiving 12 months of the year " !! B| , a Travel Trailer :ph34r::D:)
AND Skymama!!!!!!:oB|B|

you're blessed normiss...you ARE blessed...

carry ON...B|

edited to ADD..... excellent creativity Rick... that made me laugh...!!!:P

jt

Andrea is an AMAZING part of my life, I'm VERY lucky to have won her heart.

A camper has been in our plans, we had looked at this being the year to get one...she saw me window shopping for one all over the internet the past few years too. When she said let's go look today - I thought cool! I'll get some more idea of what she needs in a camper.
Then we fell in love with the model I had been looking at (especially given that Coachmen was purchased by Forest River).
Which lead to, ok, let's at least look at the numbers on what we need to do. When we saw where we were on the numbers, it became no big deal, so we bought!

Thanks JimMy! Look forward to seeing you soon my friend!
B|

As for the bed...

We put a temperpedic foam mattress in ours and it was the best decision we made, it absorbed vibrations from things like the generator, people yelling, cars running outside and it reduced the frequency of me waking her up when I would get up or go to bed when she was sleeping. We used our 5th wheel from just weekend trips to the DZ to fulltiming around the US for years at a time. I couldn't believe how much of a difference it made to our RV experience.

I go where I'm towed!!

Good Times!!

Enjoy!! B|B|B|