cocheese

Things you don't need to do/try since you're a skydiver

Dang, I must not be enjoying jumping enough; I've tried most (but not all) of those things since starting to jump.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Dang, I must not be enjoying jumping enough; I've tried most (but not all) of those things since starting to jump.

I've done bungee jumping a few times. Nowhere near as good as skydiving, but it was fun. As an instructor, I enjoyed being the student and watching how they handled me from start to finish. Sky Swing and all that other stuff I think I'll skip. :)

Bungee jump and para sail. Too dangerous ;):P
Camping. Done away with it when I was about 25. Camped when I was at another DZ in 2006 (16way competition) and hated it, rather spend the bucks for a decent B&B :P
Married? Well, have been for 28+ years, marriage has survived 10+ years of skydiving, so no. :)
Ferris wheels, roller coasters etc - tried a "magic carpet" ride in 2004 with two skydiver friends. "Faster!" we yelled and so the owner did... until he pitifully replied "Doesn't go faster!" Didn't even have a tingling sensation in my tummy. Apart from that, it's quite expensive considered the thrill-money ratio ;)

Scenic flights I can do without. Well... better than nuttin' if on holiday. Oh wait, my missus doesn't like riding them small planes. B|
Nuff bitched.

The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

I'm not sure why any of the things mentioned is unnecessary to do once you skydive. A lot of the things mentioned look fun to do. After all, skydiving is only one thrilling thing to do. There is a lot of room for other things to do that 99% of the population will never do or even consider doing. :)

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

bull ridin'?

Chuck

I don't know if that is a lesser adrenaline sport. How many grounds try to gore you after you have landed on it?:P

Anyone remember Bodacious?:o

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Roller coasters

I drive past a large amusement park on my way to and from the DZ and I often catch myself thinking "I'd be scared to ride some of those...!" and then I remember I just stepped out of an airplane...:P
My blog with the skydiving duck cartoons.

bull ridin'?

Chuck

I don't know if that is a lesser adrenaline sport. How many grounds try to gore you after you have landed on it?:P

Anyone remember Bodacious?:o

Might depend on where you land! :D
Yes, I do remember Bodacious! He's the reason Tuff Hedeman got a new face! Bodacious died in his pasture of an infected hoof that noone knew about.

Chuck

bull ridin'?

Chuck

Chuck

Ain't that the truth! I've run from a few bulls in my time. The hard part is getting through the barb wire fence w/o ripping your canopy. :oB|
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I worked at Cedar Point three summers as a ride op during college and NOTHING i experienced there can come close to matching the rush I get skydiving (and we did some pretty dumb things on those rides...). Same with the Ripcord "ride" they have.

Maybe I am jaded after from working at an amusement park, but they just seem so lame compared to "jumping out of a perfectly good airplane"! :D

bull ridin'?

Chuck

Chuck

Ain't that the truth! I've run from a few bulls in my time. The hard part is getting through the barb wire fence w/o ripping your canopy. :oB|

Yes M'am! :D I landed in the middle of a highway (real bad spot) in front of a DPS cop! Fortunately, he saw me and turned on his top lights and slowed down. Behind him were three cattle haulers. The cop was really cool about it. I explained the situation and he offered me a ride back to the DZ. the cattle haulers blew their air-horns as they passed by. :D

Chuck

I drive past a large amusement park on my way to and from the DZ and I often catch myself thinking "I'd be scared to ride some of those...!" and then I remember I just stepped out of an airplane...Tongue

I always find it weird when people say since jumping they find roller coasters boring. I think coasters are WAY more intense than skydiving. They provide much more of an adrenaline rush and are awesome; especially the new ones. They're freakin terrifying. I LOVE coasters way more than skydiving!

I always find it weird when people say since jumping they find roller coasters boring. I think coasters are WAY more intense than skydiving. They provide much more of an adrenaline rush and are awesome; especially the new ones. They're freakin terrifying. I LOVE coasters way more than skydiving!

Yep, love roller coasters. I was once at a large amusement park with my two sons that had something like nine different roller coasters, and our goal for the day was to ride every one of them. After about five rides, my sons were both quesy and ready to puke. I was ready to keep going, and had no ill effects. I attribute that to my skydiving experience conditioning me for those kinds of motions.