shah269

Boxter S as a daily driver?

As long as you don't drive like a Deush it should be no problem. Join the Porsche CCA and really learn to drive that thing

I'm very good to my cars.
She would have done well with me...but emotionally I was just not ready.
They really did a good job with that car...

Right now i'm thinking second had 1 series.
One of the dealers just called me about a M1.
I hope it's a stick.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

M1 Good choice. Then you should check out the BMWCCA, and do a couple of Autocrosses. Just to feel out what the car can really do.

Yeah we will see...but it should be a nice car.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

I currently drive an 02 VW Jetta 1.8T. I love the car but she has about 105k miles on her and is starting to show her age

My car has 105k and it is still running fine.

Is there a problem with the car mechanically, or are you just wanting a new car?

as well as there are attachments to the X wife

If you are going to live your life that way.... you are going to forever be sad.

"OMG, my ex and I used to eat there"
"OMG, my ex once talked about that"
"OMG, my ex once wore shoes"

And yeah I'm serious about it. I need to change my life.

Buying a car is not going to change your life.

Going more into debt when you bitch about being in debt is not changing your life.... It is just keeping you in debt and making your life worse.

If there is nothing wrong with your car..... Keep it.

If there is something wrong with your car.... Buy a cheap used car.

You wanna change your life? Change your life, don't continue to wallow in self pity and bury yourself in debt.

http://www.daveramsey.com/article/drive-free/
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Mutual funds pay how much!
Ah the car I have now has about 105k miles.
I'm taking for it's next oil change check up.
So far she is OK.
I bought her in 02 and it's almost 12. I take care of my cars.
If it wasn't for...paying someone else's collage bills...yeah i would have been doing better than I am now.
The care I'm looking at is an 08 certified preowned @ 1% interest rate from the bank or 3.3% from my retirement fund.
I'm still thinking.
And how much are mutual funds poping now? 12%! Where!

Mutual funds pay how much!

My car fund is currently 6.5% more valuable than my deposits..... It was as high as 17% till this last drop.

Still +6.5% > - 1%

So far she is OK.

So why in the world would you go more into debt to buy something that you in no way need?

The care I'm looking at is an 08 certified preowned @ 1% interest rate from the bank or 3.3% from my retirement fund.

You are bitching about being broke, bitching about "bankers".... Yet you are willing to go more into debt by paying the big evil banks?

This goes against every thing you have been bitching about.

And how much are mutual funds poping now? 12%! Where!

I have funds that have been doing 8-10% in this market. They are out there, you just have to find them.

But even breaking even is better than going in the hole.

1. You bitch about being broke.... Yet you are talking about going into more debt.

2. You bitch about the evil bankers.... Yet here you are talking about paying them more money.

3. A car is a depreciating asset..... So going into debt to buy one makes little financial sense.

Still, hell.... I don't care. I am just pointing out buying a "toy" car when you are deep in debt while you have a car that is in good mechanical shape makes ZERO sense.

BTW, I am shopping for a plane. Makes zero sense to buy one. But I will pay CASH for it and the only debt I have is a house payment.... Which is a house that my wife and I bought for less than one years combined salary.

You have a choice.... Be smart with money, or piss it away. It is your choice, but to bitch about being broke while buying a toy car makes zero sense.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I was in meetings all day on Friday, checked my black berry this morning....well what do you know....another bank fee for assuming my mortgage and taking my X wife's name off the condo i hate...woo hoo!

Well looks as if MetLife home loans in entitled to make a profit and I will have to ensure that they continue to make that profit.

So no new car. Not this year. Such is life. Well it was a nice thought. That 1 series was a nice car and the payments were not too bad on a certified pre owned.

the beamers are awesome rides..

and as for boxsters.. ever seen "2 1/2 men", the boxster-episode!? :P

Yeah yeah yeah hair dressers car......
And don't get me started on this new 2.5 men it's shit on a wall!

it's not on here as of yet, how is it!? besides "shit on a wall"!?

i've just seen the first two shows now; i had quite a good laugh on it, i dont think it's THAT bad.. :)
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

A car is a depreciating asset..... So going into debt to buy one makes little financial sense.

You got it Ron! B|

I don't know why that's so hard to understand...I think people are programed by the banking & auto industries to not only 'accept' it, but to willingly go way into debt, just to sit in a shiny new cage.

Paying CASH for what ya drive, forces you into the reality of what your ACTUAL financial status IS.

If all ya can afford is a 1000 dollar old Ford than THAT'S what you drive! Paying interest on a depreciating asset is taking it both ends...front & back with no lube...painfully stupid.

Shah, if ya wanna put a reality check on it...save up the cash then go sports car shopping.

It really gets ya thinking when you have to part with a fairly large chunk of money out of your account all at one time...when you force yourself to live in the here & now and not push off the debt into the future.

I sure wanted a zoomy toy, looked around for a few months...found a great deal on the Z4, 3 years old with 8000 miles.

STILL had to think about it for a few days, it's one thing to sign a paper saying I'll pay a few hundred a month...and a whole other thing pulling over 20,000 cash out of the saving account for some painted steel and rubber! :o

Borrowing money at interest to pay for toys~ cars, clothes, jewelry, travel etc. is a fools game...if you condition yourself that it's OK to be in that cycle...you will never get out of debt.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I tend to own my cars for about 10 years or so. My VW had a little over 130k miles on her when I let her go. She was an 02.
The certified pre owned car I got...I'll also hold on to her for 10 years.
A car is not an investment. It's a means to an end. As in a means from getting from point A to point B and doing so in style which makes you smile!
What you are really buying when you buy a new car is dependability!
(YOU HOPE!)
And my old car was starting to be less and less dependable.
So I sat down realized how much I wanted to spend per month and went out looking for a car that met that. Funny thing when you do that...all of a sudden your choices become more based in reality and you will be amazed at what appears as a viable choice!
A new VW with a stick shift and a moon roof....$27k....say the words stick and moon roof and you are stuck with the sports option....ok. But you know what you can get for $27k in the second hand low end luxury market? And with an extended warrantee and maintenance and service?
Amazing!
With VW it was show up and drink stale coffee for 8 hours while they did something as simple as check why the breaks were squealing. Luxury car you have a choice...would you like to barrow one of our cars? How about you sit in our café and do work via our wireless network?
And you know what...for that one hour that's what I did...I did work.
Amazing!
Furthermore, and this is a bit of thread hijack on my end. Up until two years ago I bought shirts because they fit, I bought pants because they fit, an shoes because they worked, I had little to no care about brand names. But you know who cares about brand names? Pussy! Yeah women love that their man is rocking a brand name this or that. They go ga ga over looks design and asthetic....yes yes yes the ladies of this forum are all exempt from this since their panties only blow off due to designer containers.
But I'll tell you going low end luxury after driving around in a very nice red VW for 10 years...it's amazing....dating is much easier now that I dress and ride to impress. After all who knew women judged men the same way men judge women...on their looks!
With that, it's a darn shame I didn't get the Boxter....was a hell of a nice ride! But not here in NJ.

But you know who cares about brand names? Pussy! Yeah women love that their man is rocking a brand name this or that. They go ga ga over looks design and asthetic....

No buddy...it's GIRLS that go frenzy for flash.

WOMEN know that 'it ain't the paint' that makes a race car go fast.

Raise the bar and you can lower your overhead...trust me! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I 6 twin turbo? Doing well thank you ;)

But come on...no girl worth her salt is going to jump into a rust bucket. Or a dull looking car.
Or talk to a guy with a dull looking shirt.

Like I said, I use to believe and I'm not ashamed to admit it but falsely that it was truly in how one carries themselves and is about who that person is. Hell I use to say "if you want to impress a girl with a car/bike/other save yourself the time and money and just walk into the bar with $100 bills staples to your shirt!"

But now that I'm older and wiser I can't believe I was so naïve and innocent to actually believe such a pile of bull shit!

You want cute girls, eat well, work out, dress well and rock the right car, bike, other.

And any woman who says no....i'm sorry ladies but the past 2 years have proven otherwise. You are just as shallow as us guys. And while we may focus on T&A you focus on C&R (clothes and ride)

I don't know why that's so hard to understand...I think people are programed by the banking & auto industries to not only 'accept' it, but to willingly go way into debt, just to sit in a shiny new cage

Being in debt is the new slavery. If you owe money to someone, they are your master.

A car is not an investment. It's a means to an end. As in a means from getting from point A to point B and doing so in style which makes you smile!

You know what also should make a person smile? Actually OWNING the car in your driveway and not owing a dime on it!!!!

So I sat down realized how much I wanted to spend per month....

And there starts the failed thinking. Instead of thinking about the car you could afford and how much you were willing to pay for it... You started thinking about how much each MONTH you could afford.

You focused on payments, not price.

But you know who cares about brand names? Pussy! Yeah women love that their man is rocking a brand name this or that.

Women REALLY like a guy that can treat them well. They hate the guy with a cool car and that can't afford to pay for dinner.

I find it hard to blame you.... You just fell into the bull shit advertising.

Still, YOU have no one to blame but yourself.

But come on...no girl worth her salt is going to jump into a rust bucket. Or a dull looking car.
Or talk to a guy with a dull looking shirt.

Complete crap... All of it. Maybe you need to look for a higher class of woman. If you think dressing and acting like you are rich is the way to a woman's heart... You might as well just buy a hooker and save the heartache.

And never forget, the girl that you took from the guy with the rusted out truck with your low end luxury car.... Is going to easily be taken FROM you by the guy with the high end luxury car.

I dated this stripper once, I thought it would be cool. The instant she meet one of my rich friends.... I know it was over. Good thing I always knew she was a stripper at heart.

You act like a fake to try and fool a woman with silver.... She is going to leave you for a fake with Gold.

Hey, as I said I own my cars for 10 years and take good care of them. I pay for the first 5 years and the next 5 are free.
:)If i had more liquidity I would just buy the car outright and not give a rats ass but well I have other bills to worry about.

As for a nice car? Look I'm not saying I have bought into the hype but your average cute girl....sure as shit has!

Here I'll give you an example of the two yoga studios I go to.
One is very trendy and has an OK instructor.
The other is OKish but has an amazing instructor.

Where do you think all the cute girls hang out? I'll give you a hint...no cute girl wants to step out of into a "so so" yoga studio with a great instructor.

The same applies for cars, homes and men ;-)

And yeah man, I'm sorry in the end it's all about BBD. Bigger Better Deal. You have to understand and god I'm going to get flamed to death for this, but looks on your average chick are fleeting. Here today gone today. Every second of every day another very attractive girl turns 21 and is not a part of the bar going dating pool. A girl who was hot in 21 is ok at 31 and well let's face it....at 41 she is out of her league when it comes to competing with the 21 year olds!

So per my perspective you average girl who realizes this has to make her mark quick! She has to find a whale harpoon hi and call him hers before some 27 year old, long legged, flat bellied, amazing assed perky boobied girl takes her dick away.

It's the law of the land. And well you can be the BBD or you can fake it till you make it! :-) I'm not rich but I do well. Well enough to afford a nice little car that makes me smile and has no traces of the cunt that was my x wife.

And though the Boxter was a hell of a ride, fully loaded in a stick for $25k I had to say no to the simple fact....I needed a back seat and a trunk. So who knows maybe in 10 years? I'll bump into another exotic car at a viable price.

As for a nice car? Look I'm not saying I have bought into the hype but your average cute girl....sure as shit has!

When you go after that type of person.... They will leave you and your 'nice' car every time they find a guy with an 'awesome' car.

And yeah man, I'm sorry in the end it's all about BBD. Bigger Better Deal.

And yet you are more concerned with projecting a false image than presenting the true you..... This is a path to failure each and every time.

Sorry your ex screwed with your head.... Keep acting like this and I can promise it is going to happen again.

OoooooooooRrrrrrrrrrr...

I can keep dating cute ladies?

Look it is what it is. If you want to date "homely girls" who have "nice personalities" then well yeah who cares how you dress or what you drive or in the case of this forum, how bad ass of a swooper you are and if you can provide free coaching.

If you want to wake up naked next to hot ladies in rocking thongs.....and who's B:)

and get your coach rating

My god you are clueless!

Nah just sarcastic.
and not like any students date their coaches ;)

If you want to date "homely girls" who have "nice personalities" then well yeah who cares how you dress or what you drive or in the case of this forum, how bad ass of a swooper you are and if you can provide free coaching.

1. My wife is hot AND has a kick ass personality
2. My wife could teach you quite a few things about skydiving.
3. I didn't have to act like a jackass to get her.

dress to impress

Act like a poser.

drive a nice car

Go into debt to look like a bigger success than you are.

and get your coach rating and swoop like the sick little monkey that you are!

It is clear you are stuck in the middle of your own little pity party.... You are just setting yourself up for more pain.

At this point, I don't care anymore. You have proven you don't either.

But for the record:
* My wife is hot and has 1200+ more jumps than you.
* I drive a sports car (2006) and have enough in a fund to buy my next one with cash.
* I wear a Rolex everyday (Bought used, Paid cash)
* I have an airplane (Paid cash)
* I have more than a coach rating and three sets of gear (All paid for)

It is not your desire to have nice things that is shooting you in the foot.... It is your desire to have things you really wouldn't want and really can't afford except to try and impress people who really don't like you.

Win a girl by waving silver you can't afford and you are going to lose her to someone that has silver they can afford, or to the bigger fake that has gold he can't afford.

Enjoy your future pain..... I am sure we will read about it here

Wow man relax.
Good god I'm 35 and trying to enjoy life after almost 10 years in what could be called hell.
And yeah so i bought a nice car that sets me back some cash per month but heck it's a new start for me and the only financially viable option I had on hand in the short term.

If your life has been perfect and peachy, heck I'm envious. And I hope more things go your way and I'm sure they will.

But well things for me kind of went south, I'm rebuilding and the only thing I could do was get rid of an old 10 year old car with pending mechanical issues and pick up a new certified preowned one and did so that I could make one move towards a new life. Which if you ask me really felt good!

Also sadly for better or worse from what I have seen it doesn't hurt to have a nice car when it comes to dating. Be it providing you reliable transport to and from the date or just not looking like a bum when you show up to pick her up.

God why am I defending my actions on the internet from people I don't know about something that made me smile......boy don't I feel like a nutter.

This is interesting for me as I have been in both places. Except for the airplane, my life is currently similiar to Ron, but at one point it was much more like Shah's

I got married young, divorced around 28, went into debt to by a nice sports car to feel good about myself and eventually got my life back on track. Shah - I think we are all hoping this is a temporary phase, rather than a life plan for you.

I think what Ron (an about everyone else is saying) is it is more important to impress yourself than to impress strangers.

Chicks dig confidence, but take advantage of posers - and I am willing to bet you know that.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

Chicks dig confidence, but take advantage of posers - and I am willing to bet you know that.

Yes I do and thank you for your understanding :)