shah269

Boxter S as a daily driver?

Uh.. plenty of substitutes for a 912...914...and the 924

Yes there were a few hiccups along the way and lessons were learned. :)

WTF are they learning from the Cayenne???

:D:D:D

That people will buy a nameplate, regardless of what it's on (although the Cayenne really isn't that bad)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Yes there were a few hiccups along the way and lessons were learned. :)

WTF are they learning from the Cayenne???

:D:D:D

That people will buy a nameplate, regardless of what it's on (although the Cayenne really isn't that bad)

DUUUUUDE.. its another VW with that nameplate on it... they did that crap before

Kinda like the morons back in the day who were trying to sell a VW Type 2 BUS with the "porshe" engine in it... just because it had a Type IV engine( that came stock in the bus) because some idiot had thought that the Porshe 914 with a VW engine in it was a good idea so all of a sudden all the TypeIV engines were "Porshe" engines :S:S:S

WTF are they learning from the Cayenne?

Could be worse, WTF is up with the Panamera? Obviously there are some people who like it, but it does little for me. I will openly confess that the only brand of Porsche Kool Aid I consume is the 911 flavor. All other flavors are just not up to snuff with my taste buds. Call me a 911 snob if you must, but it's the racing heritage and incredible traction on the rear end in the corners that I like.

By the way if I could not have a 911 for track days I'd like to try a modern Corvette. Definitely a lot of bang for your buck. Plus I am told they are easier to handle at the limit (whether or not this is true or not I do not know. I have been in a Vette at the track as a passenger and it was a good ride, but I have never driven a Vette at the limit).

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

lots of regret at the moment....lots of regret.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZIiaG199_Q&feature=related
that flat 6 did sound amazing right behind your head.
you would have to be dead not to have enjoyed that feeling.
and such a balanced car with a light responsive clutch....

But nope.
Right now I'm really not feeling happy and it would be the wrong way to start a relationship with something so beautiful.

Maybe later when i'm a little less......god i hate saying it....desperate to be happy?

Oh and it's NJ, we get maybe one maybe two snow storms. And I could have taken the day off if we had one. It could have been a daily driver.
It would have worked. But i'm not there.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

"By the way if I could not have a 911 for track days I'd like to try a modern Corvette. Definitely a lot of bang for your buck. Plus I am told they are easier to handle at the limit (whether or not this is true or not I do not know. I have been in a Vette at the track as a passenger and it was a good ride, but I have never driven a Vette at the limit)".

I've not driven the Corvette at it's limit either (not sure that I know enough to do so), but both my husband, Mike and I use them as our daily drivers, and they handle quite well. 2005 convertible and a 2009 Z06--we switch depending on weather and destination. Between the two cars, we have put 200k mi on them. So, obviously, they would be the economical daily use choice where you can smoke someone if you so choose. :PB|

eta: tires aren't cheap :o:$B| so it would take a big motivation to crush someone's ego at a light. :)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

lots of regret at the moment....lots of regret.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZIiaG199_Q&feature=related

No regrets ... Porsche will be there for you in the future if you want to venture down the slippery slope and any future Porsche will be even more advanced than a present Porsche you can get now. BTW ... funny video. Initially I was thinking "this isn't what Porsche is about", but the video ended well. :ph34r:

Slightly off topic but still related, here is one of the best videos from the ring I have ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4xQ3bfGP5s

It is taken inside of a Viper and if I am not mistaken the white GT3 Cup car is driven by my future wife Sabine Schmitz. She isn't aware yet that she will be my wife, but I decided she is the girl for me. Not only is she the world's fastest taxi driver who could teach me a thing or two about driving, but she is also a helicopter pilot who could fly me to altitude and I could get some jumps in. Now I just need to convince her that I am her guy ... LOL ... yes I know in my dreams. :$

tires aren't cheap so it would take a big motivation to crush someone's ego at a light.

A good set of shoes is the first mod (if you want to call it a mod) people need to do for their cars. Yes they are not cheap, but they make a world of difference.

I am so lucky! I have a 1996 Buick with 200 K on it. Paid for, gets 32 MPG. Haven't had a car payment in at least a dozen years.
I feel sorry for you.
Oh yea, my work vehicle is a 1997 truck with 240 K. LOVE IT! If anyone knows of a Chevy in the midwest with maybe 100 to 150 K on it, I would like to expand my fleet!
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

tires aren't cheap so it would take a big motivation to crush someone's ego at a light.

A good set of shoes is the first mod (if you want to call it a mod) people need to do for their cars. Yes they are not cheap, but they make a world of difference.

I agree, the tires that came with them have a lot to be desired. Changed to Michelin for the Vert, and Pirellis for the Z06. I have had too many flats, and drive too many miles to go to non-run-flats. :S Changing to straight pipes (no muffler) adds about 20 hp. Also a CAI (and changing the MAFS to match) is another 30. These are fairly inexpensive, make a huge difference, and I can do (did) them all myself. :)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I've tried the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s and they were awesome tires. Tons of grip on the track. But I have gone back to Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1s. I honestly could not tell the difference on the track. Both the Dunlop and the Michelin tires were awesome. But the Dunlops are cheaper and I was getting about 12 track days out of the Dunlops whereas I got about 10 days out of the Michelins. Now if I really wanted to take it to the next level I would get some R rated compounds, or better yet slicks. But these are dedicated track tires and that means I would need to get spare rims and well my slippery slope is still not as slippery as it could be. ;)

Maybe later when i'm a little less......god i hate saying it....desperate to be happy?

Hey Shah.

In your other threads you stated your location of living sucks (gotta brotha down) and you wanted to be closer to the city where stuff is going on.

You got an extra $600 bucks a month. Why not rent out your condo, use that $600 to pay the difference (if there is any) of the renters rent towards your mortgage, and rent a joint closer to the city for yourself?

As long as you still got some cash for jumping and other things you enjoy of course.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes there were a few hiccups along the way and lessons were learned.

I actually learned to drive on a 914, owned several and have a Boxster the first year it was produced. I'm a sucker for a mid engine. I was happy to get a Porsche that wasn't powered by a Volkswagen engine. I've always enjoyed the lower end 'starter Porsches'
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

Hey Shah.

In your other threads you stated your location of living sucks (gotta brotha down) and you wanted to be closer to the city where stuff is going on.

You got an extra $600 bucks a month. Why not rent out your condo, use that $600 to pay the difference (if there is any) of the renters rent towards your mortgage, and rent a joint closer to the city for yourself?

As long as you still got some cash for jumping and other things you enjoy of course.

I've thought about it more times than I can count.
But where I live the rent at best is $1800 per month.
My nut on the condo including fees is $3k per month.
Even if I threw in $600 in car bills towards that it would not work out.

I would love to sell the place and at least break even but that's not going to happen. Property values have tanked and well...just the other day another old lady kicked the bucket and Im' sure in no time her snot nosed kids will be selling her place for $190k when my place was $300k 4 years ago.

The car for what it was worth would maybe put a smile on my face that i only seem to find in freefall.
Which if you ask any one is not the best way to live life.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The car for what it was worth would maybe put a smile on my face that i only seem to find in freefall.
Which if you ask any one is not the best way to live life

In that case, why not bag the new car all together, and spend the money jumping? You say you're unhappy, and that jumping makes you happy, so why not make a commitment to it for a year or two and really hit it hard.

Look around the DZ parking lot, there are two types of cars, nice cars and affordable cars. The nice ones are for the succesful guys who have money for jumping and a nice car, the others are for those who put jumping as more of a priority in their lives, and spend their money at the DZ, not the dealership.

How many trips do you have planned this winter? Have you ever spent a week on the DZ in Z-Hills? Rent a trailer from Judy for next to nothing, eat at the snack bar, and knock out 50 jumps. You'll be amazed at what it will do for your spirits as well as your in-air skills. Toss in an evening trip to the Orlando tunnel, and it's perfect.

Are you headed to the DZ this weekend? The weather looks perfect, what about the Ranch, or Crosskeys? Go somewhere and kick out 10 or 15 jumps. Crash on a couch at the DZ, and spend 36 hours on the DZ. You'll be amazed at how you forget about the rest of the world.

If jumping makes you happy, then jump. In comparison to Proches and living anywhere near NYC, it's not that expensive. For less then $300 you can have a blow out weekend at a local DZ, and hit the 'master reset' on your brain. For $1500, you can go to Z-hills for a week, and forget about life for awhile.

The solution is right in front of your face, recognize it and act accordingly.

In that case, why not bag the new car all together, and spend the money jumping? You say you're unhappy, and that jumping makes you happy, so why not make a commitment to it for a year or two and really hit it hard.

Look around the DZ parking lot, there are two types of cars, nice cars and affordable cars. The nice ones are for the succesful guys who have money for jumping and a nice car, the others are for those who put jumping as more of a priority in their lives, and spend their money at the DZ, not the dealership.

How many trips do you have planned this winter? Have you ever spent a week on the DZ in Z-Hills? Rent a trailer from Judy for next to nothing, eat at the snack bar, and knock out 50 jumps. You'll be amazed at what it will do for your spirits as well as your in-air skills. Toss in an evening trip to the Orlando tunnel, and it's perfect.

Are you headed to the DZ this weekend? The weather looks perfect, what about the Ranch, or Crosskeys? Go somewhere and kick out 10 or 15 jumps. Crash on a couch at the DZ, and spend 36 hours on the DZ. You'll be amazed at how you forget about the rest of the world.

If jumping makes you happy, then jump. In comparison to Proches and living anywhere near NYC, it's not that expensive. For less then $300 you can have a blow out weekend at a local DZ, and hit the 'master reset' on your brain. For $1500, you can go to Z-hills for a week, and forget about life for awhile.

He could do that, but then what would he constantly moan about
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Which if you ask any one is not the best way to live life

Thank you. I wish I could...every saturday I have my EMBA class from 8am-5pm.
But I am hoping to get at least ONE jump in this sunday and I'm off on monday so maybe a few more.

Thank you

the beamers are awesome rides..

and as for boxsters.. ever seen "2 1/2 men", the boxster-episode!? :P

Yeah yeah yeah hair dressers car......
And don't get me started on this new 2.5 men it's shit on a wall!

the beamers are awesome rides..

and as for boxsters.. ever seen "2 1/2 men", the boxster-episode!? :P

Yeah yeah yeah hair dressers car......
And don't get me started on this new 2.5 men it's shit on a wall!

it's not on here as of yet, how is it!? besides "shit on a wall"!?
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

WORST SHOW EVER!

My god! It's like 1.75 men!
Now there is one looser and two kids.

I think they will just try and save it via sending in a few very attractive girls but.....in the end...it's just shit!

Though last one had Jenny McCarthy and that was not too rough on the eyes :)

Shah, I didn't read through all of the posts here, but I have a 2001 Boxster S that I bought 3 years ago with 95,000 miles. I now have 113,000 miles on it, (missed last summer due to shoulder surgery -- it's a 6 speed) and the car is fantastic. I got the service records with it, and the only issue I have had with it at about 98,000 miles was I had to replace a mass airflow sensor. (I also had a very weird issue with the heating element in the seat, but that could have been my fault when fitting 6 point race harnesses) I don't baby it, and it has been on the race track for track days multiple times, and the only prep necessary is to put on performance break pads.

BUT IT. (pm me or face bookme with questions)
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---

It's basically a Subaru engine, non turbo. Flat 6.
It just so happens to be in the middle of the car. Thus the two trunks.

For the record, Subarus have boxer engines. It means the pistons are horizontally opposed giving a lower center of gravity than pistons that are diagonally opposed.

A Porche Boxster does not have a Subaru boxer engine in it.

Pokerstar
Thank you but, sadly it's a bit late.
I walked away from the deal. Just didn't feel right, emotionally.
Mechanically the car was gorgeous! That flat 6 behind ones head...oh did it sing! Loved the way that car sounded.
But as my only modes of transport...i wasn't 100% and as I said...i wasn't emotionally there.
Hell I can't even commit in a relationship at the moment how could I commit to a car that nice!
But by god it's a very nice car!
There will be many sleepless nights where I'll lay there regretting not buying her.
But such if life.

Pokerstar
Thank you but, sadly it's a bit late.
I walked away from the deal. Just didn't feel right, emotionally.
Mechanically the car was gorgeous! That flat 6 behind ones head...oh did it sing! Loved the way that car sounded.
But as my only modes of transport...i wasn't 100% and as I said...i wasn't emotionally there.
Hell I can't even commit in a relationship at the moment how could I commit to a car that nice!
But by god it's a very nice car!
There will be many sleepless nights where I'll lay there regretting not buying her.
But such if life.

Looks like I was a bit late as well... Might I suggest a WRX STi
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192