taylor.freefall

Cool Registration Plate

Saw this very cool registration plate today, obviously a skydiver!

Or poser . . . did the tandem, got the t-shirt and license plate. Photo hangs on his cubical wall. Most "rad" guy in the pathetic office he works in.

Ya never know.

Ya can't actually tell much by a license plate other than what the person wants to project as his image.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Or poser . . . did the tandem, got the t-shirt and license plate. Photo hangs on his cubical wall. Most "rad" guy in the pathetic office he works in.

Ya never know.

Ya can't actually tell much by a license plate other than what the person wants to project as his image.

I'm thinking a major investigation is in order. Get on it Quade.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Ya never know.

I'm thinking a major investigation is in order. Get on it Quade.

Meh. All you need is a sympathetic cop from California. Used to be it was easy to make up a little excuse and run a plate. Now it's a bit more complicated and they notify the guy.

Damn stalkers ruin everything.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I remember visiting another, small DZ (which shall remain nameless), and noticing that just about EVERY car had a skydive vanity plate! :S:P

It takes some creativity to figure out yet another way to arrange the letters/numbers for something no one else has yet. I will say I was impressed by the variety.

See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

If you pronounce it "diva", it might just be a bitchy flight attendant.

I'm guessing it's a DZ sweet young thing female that likes the odds on the DZ. Just like the skychickies that post on DZ.com with their female gender screen names

FWIW we belonged to USPA 30+ yr's used to get the USPA /pca sticker every yea. Some folks posted them on their cars.

Some of us didn't. When we passed one of those USPA stickered cars on the road we'd give them "the look" to see if it was anyone we knew. Never saw anyone we knew:D

Never saw a reason to strut our stuff.:|

Different strokes for different folks. B|

I remember visiting another, small DZ (which shall remain nameless), and noticing that just about EVERY car had a skydive vanity plate! :S:P

It takes some creativity to figure out yet another way to arrange the letters/numbers for something no one else has yet. I will say I was impressed by the variety.

any SoFPiDaRF license plate yet ? Is there a limit to the quantity of letters and numbers on US license plates ?
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Never saw a reason to strut our stuff.:|

Different strokes for different folks. B|

Same here, 20+ years in the SCUBA industry and never once had a dive sticker on my car, Near 10 years in skydiving and still don't have a skydive sticker either.
I don't see any reason to let thieves know that my vehicle MIGHT contain expensive things
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Yup, a big orange sign that says "break into my car and still all my expensive stuff. I know you'll cut the lines off my reserve and use it for a car cover, but at least you got a GoPro out of it all..."
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

why is it "skyydva"
instead of "skydyva"????

ya' know????:|:o

jmy

What was left over after "skydyva" was already taken?

I always wanted a vanity plate but they wouldn't approve "asshole".
[:/]:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

any SoFPiDaRF license plate yet ? Is there a limit to the quantity of letters and numbers on US license plates ?

-You got me on "SoFPiDaRF ".

-Typically seven characters.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Virginia has more vanity plates than any other state. It was almost unusual to see a normal one.

One of the coolest plates I've seen was on a VERY expensive Mercedes sports car. The plate read, "PIK"D 6".
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

Hi Nic,

Is there a limit to the quantity of letters and numbers on US license plates ?

It varies by state. Here in Oregon we have 6 letter/number limit.

I seem to remember that North Carolina or maybe South Carolina can go up to 9.

JerryBaumchen

PS) In Oregon the state DMV has control of the plates & can disallow certain combinations; a State Supreme Court decision of a few years ago.