The_Don

Have you ever operated an Excavator?

This is a specially modified excavator for this purpose only. Note the dual cylinders on the stick. The very short boom and a very small excavator. The operator is OK, not particularly smooth and fluid. I have participated in contests for digging, walking and loading. I got my lunch handed to me by guys that really knew what they were doing. Nice demo though.

Hi Don,

Re: http://www.i-am-bored.com/...nk.cfm?link_id=67700

You need to get out more; that came around over a year ago.

[:/]

JerryBaumchen

Well, I guess I HAVE been out more, cuz it's new to me! ;)
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

One operator using a sheer would bet any takers that he could move a dozen eggs from one carton to another, and was allowed to break one egg.

He never lost the bet. If he moved the first eleven without breaking one, he broke the last one just because he could.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

This is a specially modified excavator for this purpose only. Note the dual cylinders on the stick. The very short boom and a very small excavator. The operator is OK, not particularly smooth and fluid. I have participated in contests for digging, walking and loading. I got my lunch handed to me by guys that really knew what they were doing. Nice demo though.

Thanks, Buzz "One-upper" Killington

cool
thanks for that video...... only wish it had subtitles so i could understand what he was saying. thanks also M C & Do... for t he picture and anecdote about the shear operator... which i do NOT doubt for a second... Many of those guys are artists, with the hydraulics....

:)

Hi Don

That's advertising for you;)

I'm not a OE but this is the way i think it was done.

At the beginning of the video when I saw the church :S I thought this was going to be interesting..Not the church[:/]
Then they erected the special designed tower for the machine to climb in front of the church:(

The attachment on the end of the arm of the machine was designed to fit into the slots of each
section of the tower for a male, female fit with the top of the plate at the end of the arm, there was also some holes in the sections of the tower lined up the marks plate/arm. Maybe a safety back up.

The Tower was also designed to accommodate the tracks of the machine Another male female fit?. in preparation for moving to the next section before the arm lets go to move to the next section.

The pyrotechnics and twirling the machine is what it is.

IMO a well designed and practiced stunt for the mass's.

If You ever get a chance check out swamp loggers. Their harvesting logs in the middle of a swamp sometimes they hit a soft spot sink up to bottom of the engine and usually are able to pull /push themselves out with the arm.

In the swamp Time is money and production is the name of the game.:P

How many tandems do we have today:P:P

Like someone said the power of hydraulics. :)
Damn I wanted to see the machine climb the church:oB|B|[:/]:(;)

One Jump Wonder

True, but the operator is actually doing everything backwards in the sense that normally you are controlling where the bucket goes. Half of that operation the bucket is stationary and he moving the cab and tracks to a certain point.

Like driving a car backwards somewhat. Give me years of practice I could drive as well as I drive forward.

The operator probably didn't have the practice time to be completly smooth operating this way.

Just my perspective.

"damn i wanted to see the machine climb the Church"

me too Krip... i did like how they used OTHER pieces of BIG equipment to weight down the pads of the tower... they must make some chunk of change on those machines, to be able to spend the time and expense of engineering and then BUILDIng that tower set up....Very effective ad.

as for those SWAmp Boys.. Yes... Bobbys' Crew!!! in the carolina swamps.... Notice the most wisened operator is "Simitrio" and he CAN do quite a bit with that machine.
I really like the grappler which grabs a tree... cuts it, rotates it, runs it through the machine head, stripping EVERY branch off it,, ANd can cut the main trunk into easy to handle lengths..... in less time than it just took ME.. to type this all out.......:ph34r:B|