BIGUN

One Year Later - Thank you

Morning you bunch of raunchy socially-disconnected misfits.
Today marks the one year anniversary of my heart surgery.
It's been a tuff year, but I've test driven the hell out of this new thing and she's a huckleberry.

Thank you for all the support during a difficult time.

See/talk to you soon.

Keith
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

You know, it's rumored that during the operation, one of the cardiothoracic surgeons told the team, "There ought to be a warning label for partying with monkeys." ;)

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

BIGUN
CONGRATS! Hope you are feeling well.
Have you been able to return to the air or not yet?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Nice! B| Do you feel like you were given a new lease on life?

Thank you all, I was taken to dinner tonight by two of my favorite ladies to celebrate. I do hope it's either a long-term lease or hopefully a purchase agreement. I have not been released to jump as of yet. I was supposed to be able last July, but am having some psych issues with having a four year old daughter and just how much should I pushing some of my risky behaviors with this kind of responsibility. Doc wants to jump again too and we're talking about it.. but we have agreed that if and when we do (later this spring? that we won't be on the same plane (She's already been in the one crash year's ago).

I will tell you guys this. If you ever find yourself facing open heart surgery... Give me a PM and we'll talk. There was one skydiver on here who faced the same thing as I did just before me and I owe s/he a big thanks.

BIGUN
That's AWSOME that you are doing better!
And the not jumping....yeah it's understandable.
But how about tunnel time? Do you think you are fit for tunnel?
And you said this was a transplant? NO WAY!
Wow I wonder if the person who donated their heart ever wanted to skydive!
It would be super cool if the person had always wanted to skydive and never got the chance but now they will.
That would be very Zen! :)Hope you keep feeling better and better.

Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

BIGUN
That's AWSOME that you are doing better!
And the not jumping....yeah it's understandable.
But how about tunnel time? Do you think you are fit for tunnel?
And you said this was a transplant? NO WAY!
Wow I wonder if the person who donated their heart ever wanted to skydive!
It would be super cool if the person had always wanted to skydive and never got the chance but now they will.
That would be very Zen! :)Hope you keep feeling better and better.

I'm not sure how we're defining "transplant" but all I gots was an Aortic Valve Replacement and a Mitral Valve repair (which is still be reviewed and if its reformation will hold for the log run or another repair need be doen - which can be done by catheter now).

In fact, in Europe, Aortic Valve transplants are being done by catheter now... and are in clinical trials here in the U.S.
Quite frankly, It won't be long before the days of full invasion will be gone and the surgeons will be able to do everything by catheter or at most - partial invasion.

Anyway.. the Air Force will allow pilots with an aortic valve replacement to continue flying as long as it's not in a high G A/C - read as transport.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9056031
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20583403