Lisbeth Salander - Any Fans Here?

Erika I definitely pictured differently than the Swedish actress. Yes, including her having more sex appeal & sophistication. They cast Aniston in her role? Good grief. That's not right, either.

Robyn Wright has been cast as Erika.

Same Difference. She's not how I picture Erika @all.

Do you have time to pleasure "listen"? Audible.com has all three unabridged books.

I do, but audibles books are expensive...I'm not paying $15 for what I can get for $7 in paperback.

But, if you or anybody else know of any cheaper places for downloadable books, I'm all ears. :)

Try the library? Some have better selections than others, but you may be able to put it on hold or have it sent in from another library if it's not in stock on CD. Lots of librarys now also offer free downloads of audiobooks on MP3.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Same Difference.

Robin Wright is not at all relative to Jennifer Aniston. :S

Wright is a fantastic actress.

Take a breath there, Carrie. I have no idea how she is as an actress. Not was I dissing Aniston. I looked up some of Wright's publicity shots. She's not how I see that character. It's as simple as that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Same Difference.

Robin Wright is not at all relative to Jennifer Aniston. :S

Wright is a fantastic actress.

Take a breath there, Carrie. I have no idea how she is as an actress. Not was I dissing Aniston. I looked up some of Wright's publicity shots. She's not how I see that character. It's as simple as that.

If you pre-judge every film adaptation based on whether the actors look the way you picture them then you'll never like any film adaptation ever.

Ok, so you'll be right about 90% of the time, but it's still not exactly fair.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

If you pre-judge every film adaptation based on whether the actors look the way you picture them then you'll never like any film adaptation ever.

Ok, so you'll be right about 90% of the time, but it's still not exactly fair.

I usually never see the movie if I've already read the book. Specifically for this reason. When I read well-written fiction. I paint elaborate imagery in my head. I only watched Dragon Tattoo because it was so cheap on Amazon. I knew this would most likely happen going in. Unfair? I'm doing them no harm.

I just finished the third book, and quite frankly, I'm exhausted! I hardly know what to do now! I thought they were outstanding. Now...onto the movies! :)

And for the record: the appropriate ranking of cool modes of transportation is jet pack, hover board, transporter, Batmobile, and THEN giant ant.
D.S. #8.8

I just finished the third book, and quite frankly, I'm exhausted! I hardly know what to do now! I thought they were outstanding. Now...onto the movies! :)

I am sure you will enjoy the movies. I enjoyed them all but the second was my favourite.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I just finished the third book, and quite frankly, I'm exhausted!...Now...onto the movies! :)

Foolish! In the time it took you to read the first book, you could have watched all three movies and then had a nap.

:P

Tell me you're joking. Movies never tell the whole story. They'd be nine hours long if they did.

I just finished the third book, and quite frankly, I'm exhausted!...Now...onto the movies! :)

Foolish! In the time it took you to read the first book, you could have watched all three movies and then had a nap.

Tell me you're joking. Movies never tell the whole story. They'd be nine hours long if they did.

Correct. I've read all 3 books and seen all 3 movies. They were each very enjoyable (although movie #3 was a bit weak). But neither medium would be a full substitute for the other.

Correct. I've read all 3 books and seen all 3 movies. They were each very enjoyable (although movie #3 was a bit weak). But neither medium would be a full substitute for the other.

Well, I did watch the first movie a while back and it was evident that a lot of material was left out, so I agree that the books are considerably more comprehensive. Its always interesting when you imagine and create in your head what you think a character looks like, then they look completely different in a movie.
And for the record: the appropriate ranking of cool modes of transportation is jet pack, hover board, transporter, Batmobile, and THEN giant ant.
D.S. #8.8

Hollywood version of Dragon Tattoo trailer purportedly leaked. Looks pretty good and Daniel Craig is a definite improvement in believability. Love the version of Immigrant Song by Trent Reznor!
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Hollywood version of Dragon Tattoo trailer purportedly leaked. Looks pretty good and Daniel Craig is a definite improvement in believability. Love the version of Immigrant Song by Trent Reznor!

I agree, looks promising. I just hope the Lisbeth character in this version can live up to the one in the original.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I agree, looks promising. I just hope the Lisbeth character in this version can live up to the one in the original.

The original lass is going to take some beating. She was damned good.

I just don't under stand why Hollywood even had to do this Ctrl-C Ctrl-V .... I liked the original films (O.K the books were much better, but still).

P.S The trailer ....... leaked my arse

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I just don't under stand why Hollywood even had to do this Ctrl-C Ctrl-V ....

Oh! I know! I know!.....

Money,
How much money did the Swedish versions earn in the US? Right, virtually zero. So, it's an untapped market. Americans simply are not going to pay $10 or $12 a head to see a foreign film dubbed to English.

Edit for spelling.
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

My guess is it will be good but different, much like the original La Femme Nikita and the later American Version that came out years later. Personally, I prefer the original LFN version and while I'll go see this new Dragon version, my gut tells me I'll end up liking the original more.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

My guess is it will be good but different, much like the original La Femme Nikita and the later American Version that came out years later. Personally, I prefer the original LFN version and while I'll go see this new Dragon version, my gut tells me I'll end up liking the original more.

I have yet to see an American remake of a Euro original that was anywhere near as good as the original

I watched "let me in" the other night, it's the USA version of "Let the Right One In" a Swedish film.
The USA version kinda missed the mark in a lot of areas, It seems almost impossible for the USA to be able to do "subtle" and "understated". They credit thier audience with little intellect and reasoning abiltiy.

I'm not even going to touch "Wings of Desire" Vs "City of Angels":S:S
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

"... my arse" - colloquial expression of disbelief

Jeez. I finally get it. I thought you were saying that the trailer made your arse leak. I couldn't figure out if that was good or bad.

About 5 minutes after I watched it, YouTube removed it. I'm glad I got in before the lock.
Owned by Remi #?

WTF does that mean?

I'm impressed and encouraged by the trailer, but really, really loved the originals and Noomi Rapace.

+1 Noomi was perfect for the role. I wasn't so keen on Erika Berger.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

WTF does that mean?

I'm impressed and encouraged by the trailer, but really, really loved the originals and Noomi Rapace.

+1 Noomi was perfect for the role. I wasn't so keen on Erika Berger.

Nor me... I don't think that she was glamorous or powerful enough.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome