kunosoura

Skydiving in North Korea?

Was looking at a series of photos of Kim Jong Un in NK...

They were interesting. Link here:

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2012/02/kim-jong-un-looking-at-things/100237/

One that caught my eye in particular was KJU watching an aviation demo... looks like there was some skydiving going on! Notice The People's Protecs and the rather different (?) looking rigs. Link:

http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/infocus/kju020112/k33_RTR2WZTC.jpg

lol this shot even shows some of the demo team's snag-hazard pyro gear! maybe twardo can consult?

http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/infocus/kju020112/k35_RTR2WZQL.jpg

Maybe NK isn't such a bad place after all! :S

The Supreme Leader made his first skydive today. The accomplishments are that he did it as a solo, but turned a 50 point 8-way in time, deployed his JVX 40 and swooped the pond for a record setting 900' distance run, after dragging water and completing a miracle-man-ghost-rider.

reference material: http://www.oobgolf.com/content/fore+play/1-211-Kim_Jongil_Best_Golfer_in_the_World.html
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

The Supreme Leader made his first skydive today. The accomplishments are that he did it as a solo, but turned a 50 point 8-way in time, deployed his JVX 40 and swooped the pond for a record setting 900' distance run, after dragging water and completing a miracle-man-ghost-rider.

:D:D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

looks like there was some skydiving going on!
Maybe NK isn't such a bad place after all! :S

Sure, you can skydive in N. Korea. All you have to do is join the Army for 6 years, live in an unheated barracks, get paid $2 per month, and eat only one bowl of rice per day. Cushy assignment!

Can anyone confirm if those rigs are real? Kind of strange looking.

What's strange looking about them?

No three rings.....looks funky!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Can anyone confirm if those rigs are real? Kind of strange looking.

What's strange looking about them?

No three rings.....looks funky!

Looks like they do have 3-rings. ...the risers are just laying forward and you see the back side.

#5: These old fart generals look hilarious. I remember seeing a colonel of the Soviet Army in the 80s, who also had loads of tin on this uniform, he sounded like a windchime whenever he moved. It was a Pythonesque scene with the audience of 100+ students who had to listen to him and all of them fought laughter. (The colonel sat next to a microphone so no-one was able to miss the sounds...)

As to the 3-rings: The rigs look strange, but they do have 3-rings sort of. You can see it best in picture 35.

One question to folks who have visited South Korea: Is touching people a Korean thing? I doubt it. Anyway, looks strange, politely said...
It's probably due to common people wanting to touch the Great Leader? Showing he's one of 'em? But it's pretty unheard of East Bloc leaders. None of the GDR bosses were spotted being touched that closely. He even holds hands with men (see pic 15 and 29) so they ought to have a great desire to touch their God?

Pics look phunny but if you think about it a little more, a shiver goes down the bone...
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

He looks like an overgrown baby....can we kill him?
I mean he's just a fat baby...how hard can it be?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

North Korean skydiving team and friends

Looks to me like the South Korean team is in there too. Look at the flag patches on both of them.

Funny how they all look alike. :o:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

They look to me to be 'old' civilian rigs... circa early 80's, with what looks like possibly 1 reserve riser (for rounds), the throw out from the leg strap, and the attachment of the 3 ring base ring to the rig. I'd love to see a better view of the containers....
Randomly f'n thingies up since before I was born...

North Korean skydiving team and friends

Looks to me like the South Korean team is in there too. Look at the flag patches on both of them.

Koreans really do look like Koreans. ;)

Well yeah, but I thought I was looking at a whole bunch of brothers or twins, triplets, quads, etc... :D

One question to folks who have visited South Korea: Is touching people a Korean thing? I doubt it. Anyway, looks strange, politely said...
It's probably due to common people wanting to touch the Great Leader? Showing he's one of 'em? But it's pretty unheard of East Bloc leaders. None of the GDR bosses were spotted being touched that closely. He even holds hands with men (see pic 15 and 29) so they ought to have a great desire to touch their God?

Pics look phunny but if you think about it a little more, a shiver goes down the bone...

Yes, men in korea hold hands all the time. It's kinda weird to see since our culture is not like that but it doesnt mean they are gay.
My photos

My Videos

Koreans really do look like Koreans. ;)

Well yeah, but I thought I was looking at a whole bunch of brothers or twins, triplets, quads, etc... :D

Well, for all we know NK is running a cloning project. It's not like they'd tell us anyway :P
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Such youngsters!

As said above they look like 1982 sport rigs. Original three rings had a simple ring without a slot for the harness ring. Couldn't find a photo on google and too lazy to go down stairs and take one.;) AT LEAST they HAVE 3 ring releases. I didn't for the first two years of my skydiving and lot of folks on here for a whole lot longer. Rear of leg throw outs and thread through hardware is hot shit.

And I still wear a Protec.:P

Looks a whole lot better than the chinese military rig I have down stairs.

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE