skydiver604

U.S. inmates hide pig in official police car decal

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/02/03/us-inmates-hide-pig-in-official-police-car-decal

Score one for the inmates

Inmates working at a correctional unit’s print shop in Vermont sneaked a prank image of a pig into a state police crest that is emblazoned on police cars, and 30 cruisers sported the design for the last year, according to officials.

The official crest depicts a spotted cow against a background of snowy mountains, but the inmates’ version featured one of the cow’s spots shaped like a pig in an apparent reference to the pejorative word for police, state police spokeswoman Stephanie Dasaro said.

“It dishonors the memory of those past and present members, especially for those who have lost their lives in the line of duty,” Dasaro said.

Vermont contracts with correctional facilities employing prisoners to make some print products, including the cruiser decals. Police said someone who works at the print shop changed the emblem from the officially sanctioned design.

A police employee noticed the prank on Wednesday and reported it. Police said the 60 door decals would be removed as soon as it was practical.

The “source and timing” of the change to the design is under investigation, Dasaro said.

“While some may find humor in the decal modifications, the joke unfortunately comes at the expense of the taxpayers,” Police Major Bill Sheets said in a statement.

"The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." - Michelangelo

All the bullshit umbrage aside, what the fuck did they expect when they hired prisoners to paint their cars ??? lmfao !!!

The prisoners by the way are Vermont State prisoners and not Federal prisoners.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

What are those three lumpy things on the left? Rodents with leprosy? The middle one looks like a diseased penis with herpes sores. A pig that they need to circle to make sure you see it isn't the biggest problem with this design, the whole thing is amateurish.

And, if the decals were made by state prisoners, where is the "cost to taxpayers"? I think it's pretty funny, maybe there's a doughnut in there somewhere too.

Don

The “source and timing” of the change to the design is under investigation, Dasaro said.

The horror.

“While some may find humor in the decal modifications, the joke unfortunately comes at the expense of the taxpayers,” Police Major Bill Sheets said in a statement.

I hope he's happy coming across like an old spinster kindergarten teacher. Twat.

So much for 'quality control'! :D:D:D

Chuck

I wonder why the police are having a cow

They can't... They're pigs. :D:D

When my wife was in law enforcement, she formed quite a collection of pigs. Stuffed, fuzzy pigs, ceramic pigs, pig coffee mugs, pigs in police uniforms, flying pigs... you get the idea. :D They were all gifts from various people.

Chuck

:D

The horror.

I hope he's happy coming across like an old spinster kindergarten teacher. Twat.

Personally I think it's funny. The average life of a Crown Vic used for daily patrol use is about 3-4 years. So let it go, keep the pig logos and change the logo for the new cars. Reapplying decals for a car is surprisingly expensive.

They can't be mad at the inmate, since you know that the logo was approved up a chain of command or by a committee, so blame the chain of command, preferably the highest ranking officer who signed off on it.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/02/03/us-inmates-hide-pig-in-official-police-car-decal

Score one for the inmates

Inmates working at a correctional unit’s print shop in Vermont sneaked a prank image of a pig into a state police crest that is emblazoned on police cars, and

30 cruisers sported the design for the last year, according to officials.

The official crest depicts a spotted cow against a background of snowy mountains, but the inmates’ version featured one of the cow’s spots shaped like a pig in an apparent reference to the pejorative word for police, state police spokeswoman Stephanie Dasaro said.

“It dishonors the memory of those past and present members, especially for those who have lost their lives in the line of duty,” Dasaro said.

Vermont contracts with correctional facilities employing prisoners to make some print products, including the cruiser decals. Police said someone who works at the print shop changed the emblem from the officially sanctioned design.

A police employee noticed the prank on Wednesday and reported it. Police said the 60 door decals would be removed as soon as it was practical.

They must be blind. The pig was the first thing I seen. And why are inmates designing decals for police cars? WTF

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.