Justpin

US Airlines to avoid

Simply, flying out to Perris maybe Lodi.

Which US carriers should be avoided like the plague? Living in Europe I know which ones to avoid here, like British Airways, and Ryan Airr and others but I am completely in the dark as to US carriers.

Thanks.

Seasoned Traveler here... ~125-150K miles/annum.
That's actual miles in the air... not points.

I use Southwest first and Continental second.
After that, I liked Frontier (until they closed their Tulsa hub) and Alaska Air equally.
The rest can kiss my butt.
ESPECIALLY USAir.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine-archive/2011/june/money/airlines/overview/index.htm
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I rode most the non-discount carriers last year and I enjoy American but part of that is my status on the airline. For the most part they all suck to a large degree. JetBlue is nice but only for the TV's. They have limited options. Southwest has more options but it is also really hard to get cheap flights at the last minute on here since it sells out months in advance for most popular routes. I prefer American but its only marginally better than British Airways so if you are avoiding them...

United canceled a flight on me a few weeks ago 24 hours in advance. On looking it was really light so they just canceled it and booked me for a flight 7 hours later. That annoyed me a lot.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

You think BA is bad? Prepared to be amazed! lol

They all suck.

I do about 90 flight segments a year, and end up flying United and Air Canada a lot, but I touch on most of them. In order of Suckage (worst to only bad):

USAir
Northwest
American
Delta
United/Continental
SouthWest

Southwest actually does not suck too bad, but they dont fly to many places I fly to.

Delta and United/Conti are kinda equivalent.

Havent flown Frontier or Alaska in a few year, so cant comment on them.
Remster

Several years ago a group of us took southwest to Phoenix - Eloy - on the way home Southwest would not let any of us carry our gear on board. They let the flight take off without us. They ended up paying to Fed-Ex our gear home and put us on a later flight that was no longer a direct flight. We had to change planes in LA and had one more stop before we got home. I will never fly Southwest again if I have a choice.
If you never fall down you aren't trying hard enough.

I fly Southwest from STL straight to DIA about 8-10 times a year...it makes me actually think about liking commercial flying again....

But seriously, Southwest is amazing...no bag fees, pretty darn cheap fares, hands down the best boarding process..yea, Southwest

..No United ever

Whatever you do, NEVER fly Delta. Take a bus before you go with these guys.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Southwest has always been good to me.

Nothing but bad luck and trouble with United.

Here is a funny video from a couple of years back. The guy really hurt United with this vid. After he made the vid they wanted to work with him. Too bad they didn't do the right thing before.
United breaks guitars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo

Simply, flying out to Perris maybe Lodi.

Which US carriers should be avoided like the plague? Living in Europe I know which ones to avoid here, like British Airways, and Ryan Airr and others but I am completely in the dark as to US carriers.

Thanks.

I avoid all of them. If the weather bad on the east coast the planes can't get to the west coast.

When you have to take off your shoe's to go thru airport security with all the grandma's etc.Think about the shoe bomber Richard Reid a brit.>:(:S

Danger Ranger before you go to the airport check the regs on whats allowable and not. When going thru security keep a stiff upper lip, no jokes, or you might miss your flight.

WE don't profile people here everyone is treated the same. Badly.

Cheers enjoy the flight and come back soon we need your $$$$$

R.