BIGUN

Super Bowl Winner Prediction

Once again, Good triumphed over Evil.

I haven't had a chance to see the final score, does anyone know if the cheerleader boobies won?

There should be a little "view" hyperlink next to the voting buttons for you to see the Poll stats... but in case, I'm attaching the stats

Boobies Won.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I watched the Super Bowl yesterday and toward the end of the game, they referred to the touchdown that the Giants made, as 'The touchdown you don't want to make!' That would've put (and did) the Giants ahead. For some reason, my pea-sized brain does not understand. I'd rather look silly than keep on guessing. :$

Chuck

If he would have not scored it and instead dropped to a knee at the 1 foot line ~ the Giants could have run out the clock on the Pats, then won by just kicking a field-goal that would have been as easy or easier than an extra PAT.

By scoring ...the Giants gave Brady plenty of time to go 80 yards and win in the final seconds.

The Patriots WANTED him to score, it was obvious the way they lined up giving the RB an open hole and allowing him forward progress untouched. Notice a defender following the running back to the goal line...if he were to stop going forward to score, the linebacker is supposed to hit him and push him it...it's actually a designed play...give up the points but save the clock. (:P give up a Knight but save the Queen)

Any hey but for some dropped passes ~ THAT may have happened...Brady's done it too many times to count! B|

Football isn't just hitting, blocking, passing and running...it can be a chess game. Time management is critical, you want to spend as much time offensively as possible, rests the defence and tough for the opposition to score without having the ball. Gotta manage your time-outs wisely.

Offensively confuse the other team with passes that look like running plays and vice versa. Defensively confuse the other guys with pass rushes and coverages that look like a rushing defense.

The best coaches accurately assess the abilities of their players and go with designed plays that capitalize on the specific strong points.

Like chess your moves are setting up moves down the road...I played some in college, the smarter guys were always better than the guys who were just physically talented.

The '85 Bears defense was arguably the best ever - before or since, because of the unusual amount of plays they could run from formations that constantly changed. They rushed guys that should have been in coverage all the time. Guys lined up 2 & 3 on one and there was no offensive line that could stop 'em.

Buddy Ryan had the rare combination of very smart AND athletic players to coach...he designed a defense that's been copied but never successfully duplicated.

Great game football is...you can enjoy it on so many levels...no matter how well versed ya are in strategy. ;)B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Does anyone really believe that Ahmad Bradshaw "accidentally" fell across the goal line after he was asked to down it short of the line? That was the funniest play of the game. He was already stopped at the one foot line and turned and fell backwards into the end zone after the hesitation. He had already been in one Super Bowl and came up scoreless. The temptation had to be overwhelming. He wasn't about to give up what could be his final shot at a Super Bowl touchdown. I mean the goal line was right there!:D (He did use up a second or two falling down. :ph34r:)

Does anyone really believe that Ahmad Bradshaw "accidentally" fell across the goal line after he was asked to down it short of the line.

Yeah I do...:)

He was just running too fast too stop on a dime like that, he turned around but was off balance, the CG was behind his heels...he was going over, I could tell it as he was turning around. What he 'should' have done is hit a slide at the 5.

Sure scoring a Superbowl TD is priceless...but not if you lose the game. That close of a score at THAT time of the game, he wasn't thinking about personal stuff.

~~~Going back to the '85 Bears (yeah I'm a fan) ...Walter Payton didn't score a TD but the Fridge did...THAT was a travesty, - start of the last quarter +30 pts. up -

EVERY play should have been to get Sweetness in the end-zone. :|

Ignoring that Brady's Hail Mary pass on the last play of the game fell to the ground giving the Giants the win, that was a "Damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario" the Giants were put into concerning scoring the TD on Bradshaw's running play. Yes Bradshaw could have fallen to the ground, the Giants could have eaten up more clock, kicked the go ahead field goal and given Brady 20 or so seconds to march his team into field goal range where the Patriots try to win the game on a last second field goal. Or the Giants could have done what they did, score the TD and force Brady to go the entire length of the field and have to score a game winning TD.

But what happens if the Giants go for the late game field goal attempt and miss? Yikes ... damned if you do damned if you don't. Even in defeat Belichick is still messing with your mind. The guy is ruthless in his attempt to win.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

The '85 Bears defense was arguably the best ever

The Steel Curtain of the 1970s was awesome, the Giants of the late 1980s defense was also awesome and the Ravens defense of 2000/2001 was also awesome. But I think you are correct. That 1985/1986 Bears defense was just dominant and probably the best ever. Still not sure how the Dolphins beat the Bears during the '85 regular season, but they did.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Yes Bradshaw could have fallen to the ground, the Giants could have eaten up more clock, kicked the go ahead field goal and given Brady 20 or so seconds to march his team into field goal range where the Patriots try to win the game on a last second field goal. Or the Giants could have done what they did, score the TD and force Brady to go the entire length of the field and have to score a game winning TD.

IIRC, it was under 2 minutes...Pats wasted a TO with the challenge and were down to 1.

With 3 fresh downs and only 1 TO to stop the clock we're talking between 5 + 10 seconds after the field-goal, Kick-offs take 3 so down to ONE play for Brady to get it in...

It's an odds call, kicker has better odds of making the 3, than Brady does of a one play 80 yard hail Mary....assuming of course there's no run-back after the kickoff.

The '85 Bears defense was arguably the best ever

The Steel Curtain of the 1970s was awesome, the Giants of the late 1980s defense was also awesome and the Ravens defense of 2000/2001 was also awesome. But I think you are correct. That 1985/1986 Bears defense was just dominant and probably the best ever. Still not sure how the Dolphins beat the Bears during the '85 regular season, but they did.

DA Bears were over confident and cruising...got away from them...plus remember Ditka was ON that undefeated Dolphin team! ;)

Probably thought PLAYING a perfect season is WAY better than coaching one. :)

But what happens if the Giants go for the late game field goal attempt and miss? Yikes ... damned if you do damned if you don't. Even in defeat Belichick is still messing with your mind. The guy is ruthless in his attempt to win.

I'm a geek but I looked this up on some statistics sites. Apparently with falling down and then kicking a field goal the Giant's statistical chance to win was ~93=94%. By scoring the touchdown and giving the ball back to Brady the Giant's statistical chance to win fell to ~85%. They didn't show the underlying numbers so I couldn't check the work.

I think I would still have scored the touchdown.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Does anyone really believe that Ahmad Bradshaw "accidentally" fell across the goal line after he was asked to down it short of the line? :ph34r:)

It really leaves me shaking my head, especially compared to when Brian Westbrook did it. Was it really that hard for Bradshaw to fall down, or was he just waiting for a Patriot to push him into the endzone so he could have his Super Bowl touchdown?

Well, at least Bradshaw wasn't asked to punt the ball out of bounds by Coughlin.
It's all been said before, no sense repeating it here.

Once again, Good triumphed over Evil.

I haven't had a chance to see the final score, does anyone know if the cheerleader boobies won?

There should be a little "view" hyperlink next to the voting buttons for you to see the Poll stats... but in case, I'm attaching the stats

Boobies Won.

I wasn't asking about the poll, I was asking about the Super Bowl.
It's all been said before, no sense repeating it here.

Does anyone really believe that Ahmad Bradshaw "accidentally" fell across the goal line after he was asked to down it short of the line? :ph34r:)

It really leaves me shaking my head, especially compared to when Brian Westbrook did it. Was it really that hard for Bradshaw to fall down, or was he just waiting for a Patriot to push him into the endzone so he could have his Super Bowl touchdown?

Well, at least Bradshaw wasn't asked to punt the ball out of bounds by Coughlin.

Also, didn't NE get to the SB on a last second missed field goal by the Ravens? Here was 6 free points on a silver platter to go ahead in the last minute of the Super Bowl! Take 'em! The offense did its job. Time for the D to step up one more time and play that last minute. (Only if the defense was not performing well would I stop short of the goal line and try to run the clock down and kick a FG. Too much can go wrong.) NE was now under pressure to go for TD rather than FG. I really expected the end zone to flood with players expecting a Hail Mary and Brady to throw to an unprotected receiver not in the EZ to take it in for the TD.