nbblood

Van Halen- A Different Kind of Truth

Yes, it's out today! First new album in.....well, a while! I'm half way through it. So far, sounds great. Didn't particularly care for the first single, "Tattoo" though. The album has much better to offer.

I suppose the DLR vs. Sammy and Michael Anthony vs. Wofgang arguments will rage on. Personally, don't care as long as Eddie's playing. In a perfect world though, I think Sammy with Michael Anthony is the best combination. I think they did their best stuff in that era, but that's just me. Most of their enduring stuff is from DLR era. Anyway, don't care as long as Eddie's playing. Got my tix for the KC show already, loving those AMEX preferred seating pre-sales!
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

I do believe the David Lee Roth - Michael Anthony era was the best.

These guys today has got to be old as fuck, with the exception of Wolfgang, however, AC/DC's guys are older. :P

Somebody joked that David Lee Roth was broke and needed to go on tour to help pay for his meth addition. :D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I think Michael Anthony was the heart of that band. The Van Halen sound was more than Ed’s guitar. Michael Anthony played just basic bass lines but his backing vocals were defining of Van Halen’s sound.

Now that they’re on tour again, will the contracts call for a jar of M&Ms with the blue ones removed?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

As for the M&M thing, I read an interview with Eddie a few years ago that when they were starting out, the promoters would consistently fail to provide the agreed-upon sound and light support, so they put that clause in their rider just to "make sure they actually read the goddamn thing".

As for the new album...I'll probably buy it, but by the end of DLR's time in the band, I couldn't stand them in concert anymore thanks to his asshole attitude on stage. By the time I heard the "I'm gonna f&$k your girlfriend after the show" shtick for the thirtieth time, it started to get old. ;)

Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash

As for the M&M thing, I read an interview with Eddie a few years ago that when they were starting out, the promoters would consistently fail to provide the agreed-upon sound and light support, so they put that clause in their rider just to "make sure they actually read the goddamn thing"

Yeah. David Lee Roth said the same thing - that with guys being brought on stage with wires, if the contract wasn't specifically read and digested then people could die. So they put in the blue M&M's clause. That way if they show up and there are M&M's with the blue ones there, then they got the promoter and whole crew and went step by step and line checked everything.

It was pretty clever.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

OK, went out and bought the album. Frankly, I love it, sounds like old VH with an updated sound (the bass WAY higher in the mix, and a hotter mix than their old stuff), and I didn't realize how much I missed witty lyrics in rock songs, this is a pretty good set after all these years.

Then I watched the video. :( All my previous comments apply...I can listen to David Lee Roth, but watching him is painful. Think I'll listen to the record and skip the concert. :)

Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash

Hello "insert town name here" look at all the people here tonight!

You know what I love about "insert town name here" the girls have legs that go all the way up to their necks!

Yep, Ive seen DLR live a few times, and he always says the same exact things.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!