shah269

Too skinny?

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2012/02/09/fashion-week-starts-with-updated-health-guidelines-for-models/?hpt=hp_c2
Thoughts?
I agree that there needs to be a BMI minimum.
And no one under tha age of 16.

But looking at the photo this woman looks good to me?
What do you think?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I would think too skinny to be honest... no?

Look ok to me, but that's just me.
I wonder what her front looks like?
Not like you can count her ribs...that's just not sexy....that's too skinny!

Was just asking not trolling or wanting to cause a fight...just asking.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

BMI is a crock of shit IMHO... they're trying to generalize what is considered healthy with only two pieces of information. Perfect example is me and my best friend.

GIRL A: 5'9", 135lbs., works out regularly, eats good, small bone structure (size 5 ring)

GIRL B" 5'9", 135lbs., never works out, eats shit, large bone structure (size 8.5 ring)

I give you ring size for no other reason than to compare bone size.

Yet we BOTH end up with the same BMI. Who is more healthy? Without the background on us both, you'd assume we're equal - not even close.

Do I think models are too skinny? HELL YES... just not sure looking at BMI is the way to go.

>Thoughts?

I think the term "too skinny" will not often enter into your decision matrix for women. (Or to be more accurate, the set of women that fall between your limits of "too skinny" and "dead" will be small indeed.*)

* - assuming here that "dead" is a dealbreaker.

If she's trim like that with definite muscle tone? then I'm ok with it.

that picture.....I didn't really see any muscle tone to speak of - so (at least from that angle) it doesn't do it for me anyway. What's the point if clothes lay nice on her, but naked she's gaunt? Even more so, what's the point of dating a model that can't even carry her own groceries, let alone pack a rig, or finish the rock climb????

I like athletic builds on women, not thick, definitely not heavy, definitiely not skinny.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>Thoughts?

I think the term "too skinny" will not often enter into your decision matrix for women. (Or to be more accurate, the set of women that fall between your limits of "too skinny" and "dead" will be small indeed.*)

* - assuming here that "dead" is a dealbreaker.

I can see certain advantages with "dead":
1. She doesn't need to listen to him talk about himself.
2. She will never gain weight.
3. She will never ask for a divorce.
:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I can see certain advantages with "dead":
1. She doesn't need to listen to him talk about himself.
2. She will never gain weight.
3. She will never ask for a divorce.
:P

BUT...

She won't make you a sammich.

You better be ready to do all the work in bed.

No matter how many baths you give her... she's just going go get more and more ripe.

No blowjobs.

While she CAN be barefoot and in the kitchen, it just wouldn't be the same.

No blowjobs.

No blowjobs.

KEEPING IT ON TOPIC: BMI is an outdated measurement and not effective for much of anything at all. I agree that models are too thin and really are setting ladies up for negative self-images, but BMI isn't the way to get it done.

Elvisio "did I mention no BJs?" Rodriguez

I would say, that is what a normal human would look like when eating properly ( not over eating ), and actually getting off the couch once in awhile. The rest of us....well, you know.....[:/]

then you idea of normal is skewed
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

>I would say, that is what a normal human would look like when eating properly

It's funny - back in the middle ages "eating properly" meant eating a lot. Peasants ate celery and nuts because it was cheap to grow and could be had on farms. The upper class ate meat. Thus a fat person was eating properly, and the skinny people were often skinny and malnourished. If you had to put the label "healthy" on someone it was the fattest person around.

Now that we have all this food available "eating properly" generally means not eating much.

You're right. In America, you need to tell the kids that being fat is normal, because of the way parents feed the kids ( less sit down, low fat dinners and more fattening, chemical filled fast food ), otherwise they would feel, well, embarrassed....duh...[:/]. You aren't from here, but are you aware, most lower grade sports events aren't even scored......we don't want the kids thinking they are losers ( or fat ). I'm not perfect...I know that, thru trial and error. I've won some, and I've lost some....I've been a skinny kid and adult, and I've been a fat adult. Kids aren't getting that experience anymore.....everything is just.......normal......:S....just my opinion of course......

Life is short ... jump often.

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2012/02/09/fashion-week-starts-with-updated-health-guidelines-for-models/?hpt=hp_c2
Thoughts?

What do you think?

Nothing wrong with her.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Hi #2

Sure you were:S

It's funny - back in the middle ages "eating properly" meant eating a lot. Peasants ate celery and nuts because it was cheap to grow and could be had on farms. The upper class ate meat. Thus a fat person was eating properly, and the skinny people were often skinny and malnourished. If you had to put the label "healthy" on someone it was the fattest person around.
Now that we have all this food available "eating properly" generally means not eating much.

I imagine this is because, back then, you were likely to die of something else before all that fat caught up to you. No sense in worrying about cholesterol if you're going to be killed by the lack of proper hygiene (or a flaming arrow).

But now that we've got a lot of that figured out, we're starting to see what happens when we eat too much, or don't eat celery and nuts.

Thoughts?

What do you think?

Nothing wrong with her.

I disagree. You can see every vertebrae on that woman. That is not how a healthy back should look. Attached is a picture of a thin woman with a healthy looking back. Bones should not stick out like the model's in the link.

I think you are using "healthy" as an opinion here. But it's hard to gauge whose "healthier". Your photo is a product of lights and airbrushiing. Shah's photo is taken in bad lighting pre-runway that is creating shadows.

Now, I'm not saying that i'm into segosaurs. I'm not partial to "air cooled" women.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Hi #2

Sure you were:S

Thank you. Why don't they see it?
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

Thoughts?

What do you think?

I think some people are fucked up and I hope you never have a daughter.

Thoughts?

What do you think?

I think some people are fucked up and I hope you never have a daughter.

Hi Spence

I think that woud take two persons that are fucked up. Or at least one that was passed out.:(

If #2 is the product of his parents,and the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree. Can you imagine the crap that the females in his family had to endure..:(

They could even have to endure dealing with generations of #2's at the same time. B|[:/]:(

A son could be worse than a daughter. :S

R.
One Jump Wonder